Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Something I just thought of... with the addition of the new league, I wonder how it will affect the state league. If you look at the u-13 challenge, I think every team will be associated with the new league.

S
Goal
Goal
S
Seems to be a leading question. Have your wonderings lead you anywhere?

S
Goal
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Seems to be a leading question. Have your wonderings lead you anywhere?

*led

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I guess my wondering led me to believe the challenge and pmsl will be even more watered down,,, at least it seems so. Kind of sucks for all involved

S
Goal
Goal
S
If what Vic says is true and Battery have DA, then it may well be a bummer for those left that want more above U12. Id expect the the folks of the town of Mount Pleasant that want a more robust soccer option and cant join CPL will suffer. I hope MPRD and CCSD keeps this in mind when considering who gets to use their fields: The folks who seek to be exclude MPRD and CBSC and other local teams or those who seek to be inclusive of all.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
DA would definitely help the CBSC,,, next would be to be able to convince the older kids to move over.

S
Goal
Goal
S
Can we look back and see if having an Academy at Charleston Battery has provided a enough reason for kids to "move over"? Has that happened before?

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
There was,, unfortunately, it didn’t work out so well. There also wasn’t an ecnl team in Columbia and Myrtle beach or 2 npl teams in Charleston. I just know as the kids get older, the population of kids that can compete at a truly high level gets smaller and smaller, and those kids tend to migrate together. It will be tough for all teams to remain competitive. It works in Atlanta and Charlotte,,, will interesting to see here.

S
Goal
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
There was,, unfortunately, it didn’t work out so well. There also wasn’t an ecnl team in Columbia and Myrtle beach or 2 npl teams in Charleston. I just know as the kids get older, the population of kids that can compete at a truly high level gets smaller and smaller, and those kids tend to migrate together. It will be tough for all teams to remain competitive. It works in Atlanta and Charlotte,,, will interesting to see here.

Why didn't it work out?

Wouldn't Charleston kids kids rather play Academy in Charleston than drive to Myrtle or COLA for practice? That's got to put pressure on academic success and family life.

Are you suggesting NPL > Academy? I am certain you are not.

One of the reasons the pool of players gets reduced is that rather than developing players for their future, we are letting clubs market themselves by their development of youth teams that win now. So much stress on kids and their parents. Is that what the best clubs and coaches in the world do?

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
You scroll back a hundred pages on the site, there were plenty of reasons it didn’t work out,,, but they were also pulling kids from Columbia and Myrtle beach back then, will be harder to now.

Also there are kids in the area that could play at the DA level, but may chose to play at the npl level so they can continue to play high school or even another sport.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard