Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
Man,,, it’s kids soccer

Agreed. There is no place for belittling the talents of our children.

Look, we’ve been down this path before, if I’ve wronged you in some way, I’m sorry...stranger on the internet that I’ve never met! I told you before you seem to portray this great big conspiracy about some poor kids being held back at at club that you perceive has the best coaches and players in the low country. I’ll say it again, let it go! If you want to be a part of CPL, there’s a few local teams playing in that league with superb coaching! Move your son or daughter to the team that provides you or more so your child happiness! There are pros and cons to every club here. I certainly didn’t belittle any of the local kids but proclaiming this club can have a DA or ECNL team because they’ve got a good TEAM is short sighted. You need to have several good teams and as it’s already been mentioned in another thread, we don’t have enough girls players U13+ to have teams in NPL, ECNL, and DA, not yet at least. Hell look at midlands, I’d argue their numbers create a mediocre 03-00 teams. There are talented kids that live here that drive to CESA and GA and Charlotte over Columbia why do you think they do that? At the end of the day, if you aren’t happy at cbsc, move!

V
Vic Offline
Bench
Bench
V
Having kids that did both, boys DA and one currently on ECNL team, I find it funny how people always know best about the leagues they aren’t part of or what the actual level of play is in those. Just because you get to play against ECNL or DA team on a random showcase during the Spring, and beat them, doesn’t mean you would be successful or competitive playing them during 20 league games week in and out.

Getting ECNL or DA is a process, you need to meet certain criteria but I’m sure everyone here is fully aware of that. This year USA joined forces with Tormenta on the girls side to boost their resume to get ECNL. That helped with doing well in the NPL. Unfortunately they didn’t get into ECNL again. I say again as each year everyone is told they are getting it, but since it’s a rolling application let’s pretend there’s still a chance for this Fall. Based on the news that Tormenta is starting their own youth program their best players are out of the 03s and 02s who were major contributors to the NPL success. Now what? With GPS on every corner it’s just a matter of time before they get girls NPL.

We have been lucky to have ECNL for many years in the Upstate. Chuck you keep mentioning that ECNL in Midlands isn’t that great yet I can tell you from experience that they are very competitive and that’s only year 2 for them. It will only get better. Per your statement many kids leave Charleston to play. Why is that? Surely can’t be just the level of play? Overall soccer experience and coaching is just as important as the league they play in. Kids used to leave prior to ECNL and DA and there were plenty of RPL spots available in town.

I hope things work out for the best for all you guys in Chucktown!!

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Vic
Having kids that did both, boys DA and one currently on ECNL team, I find it funny how people always know best about the leagues they aren’t part of or what the actual level of play is in those. Just because you get to play against ECNL or DA team on a random showcase during the Spring, and beat them, doesn’t mean you would be successful or competitive playing them during 20 league games week in and out.

Getting ECNL or DA is a process, you need to meet certain criteria but I’m sure everyone here is fully aware of that. This year USA joined forces with Tormenta on the girls side to boost their resume to get ECNL. That helped with doing well in the NPL. Unfortunately they didn’t get into ECNL again. I say again as each year everyone is told they are getting it, but since it’s a rolling application let’s pretend there’s still a chance for this Fall. Based on the news that Tormenta is starting their own youth program their best players are out of the 03s and 02s who were major contributors to the NPL success. Now what? With GPS on every corner it’s just a matter of time before they get girls NPL.

We have been lucky to have ECNL for many years in the Upstate. Chuck you keep mentioning that ECNL in Midlands isn’t that great yet I can tell you from experience that they are very competitive and that’s only year 2 for them. It will only get better. Per your statement many kids leave Charleston to play. Why is that? Surely can’t be just the level of play? Overall soccer experience and coaching is just as important as the league they play in. Kids used to leave prior to ECNL and DA and there were plenty of RPL spots available in town.

I hope things work out for the best for all you guys in Chucktown!!

Thanks for insight and thoughtful comments Vic.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
My point (and maybe ShamrockRovers’ point) in talking about the CBSC coaching and players is not to claim they are all the best (or other clubs are all the worst), but to demonstrate that the level of coaching, teams and players at CBSC is, at least, consistent with clubs in the CHS area. Given that all the requirements of the CPL application are met by CBSC except for the needed votes from the Directors of Coaching of the current CPL clubs, we all understand the obvious: A club (or clubs) don’t want CBSC to have access to them. So that’s that.

I’ll let the parents at those clubs decide if they think that is proper adult behavior and make up their minds accordingly. Some of the folks here are correct. There is another option and CBSC will be ok without CPL. Three great practices each week following a professional curriculum far outweighs a CPL v Coastal game difference. Would I like to play my friends’ kids? Sure. I’ll have to settle for that in tournaments. Would other CBSC parents like their child’s club to be in CPL? Likely yes, maybe for the same reason.

The actual problems that CPL Clubs said would be solved: scheduling issues, cancellations, field changes, uneven competition haven’t been solved, so the difference is just that little variety in league games. Weighed against the issues that parents currently in the CPL have mentioned to me as a reason for their angst, that’s not a big deal.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard