Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#17662 04/28/04 05:31 PM
Z
throw in
throw in
Z
The Ben Lippen player who received the red card was not pushed down. He had the ball taken away from him and retaliated by grabing the CN players jersey. Does he think he can fight refs? Wayne is a pretty good goalkeeper, but I believe he was expecting the shot to be a cross backpost or a backpost shot, but the shot came curling in near post.

#17663 04/28/04 05:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beaufort 2...Battery Creek 0

#17664 04/28/04 06:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackville 0
Barnwell 3

We got robbed. The refs were so bad. One ref called everything wrong, and the other didn't blow his whistle the whole time. One point was scored from a pk, because our sweeper was pushed on the ball. While he was trying to get up, the ball tipped his finger. The ref that called it on him was behind him. Therefore, he couldn't even see what happened. Our team literally got beat up in that game, and the refs just gave the game to Barnwell on a silver platter. I've heard of home-field advantage, but that was ridiculus. Thanks a lot refs, I hope you have nightmares about that game so bad that it drives you crazy. Live with the guilt!

#17665 04/28/04 07:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#17666 04/28/04 09:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cardinal Newman played a great game against us. Matt Winstead's shot was truly an amazing shot and the placement was perfect (congrats man). As much as i hate losing to cardinal newman they deserved to win. They came in more mentally prepared than we did and i tried to tell my team all season that if CN got a "wake-up" goal on us that it is going to be too late and last night proved my point. I want to congrats my team for giving it their all until the last whistle blew. Ian (cn's goalie) had an excellent game, even saving my shot at the last second before it fell under the crossbar late in the second half. CN boys stepped up and wanted that win especially after we beat them at their field. Im not gonna talk trash or anything bc they are a good team with plenty of talent and leadership. Of course i am pulling for my time to win it in the end, but cn played a game full of heart and they deserved the win. With the whole red card issue, that was a stupid mistake on my teamates fought. He did lose the ball and then tried to retaliate, drawing a stupid foul, and then forcefully bumped into the CN player. He already had a yellow card and just was not checked into the game mentally at that point in time. If we finish out beating Heathwood and Thomas Sumter in the coming week, we will still win region, but as a senior and captain, that game meant the world to me and i wish we could have won. Boys, its now time to focus on playoffs and state and show everyone that we have the ability, talent, and leadership to win it again. like i always say boys, "Remember Porter Gaud!"

#17667 04/29/04 12:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who won myrtle beach vs. socastee

#17668 04/29/04 12:17 AM
hat-trick
hat-trick
was cris's red a 1 game suspension? cause if you get 2 yellows resulting in a red you don't get suspended right? at least in scisa, i just wanted to know if he could play at bishop england tomorow

#17669 04/29/04 01:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Genius, it doesn't matter who starts in a game. That doesn't automatically make you better than anybody else. Some players play better when they don't start. They take their time making observations on the sidelines. They learn the starter's mistakes, so that they don't make the same. So if you ever get subed out, then most likely you did something wrong.

#17670 04/29/04 02:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was a joke between me and my keeper coach and the other keeper

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard