Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Sorry, I have no idea what USA/MP plans are. Or for that matter what will happen for CPL games if there are no good alternatives in MP.

I can say that we will make any fields under our control available for any competition we participate in including CPL.

I am not particularly concerned for CPL South local competition since that is mainly 7v7 and 9v9 and we have ample space for those games and I'd prefer Trident most days anyway. Actually I'd prefer it if we moved more to our sites and will put that request in.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
There were upwards of 150 games played by CPL teams on PP and CP in just spring of last year. On top of the plaued at Trident last spring, those Trident fields will get tons of use. Have you planned for additional maintenance of the grounds? Maybe lights? I hope it works out for the kids and parents.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
And those 150 games don't include USAMP games. Its just non-USAMP teams. Add in USAMP that's a tremendous amount of games.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
We do contract with TruGreen for our grass maintenance and very happy with the results. Thanks for raising that and offering my endorsement for their services for anyone that needs it.
And certainly will not want to overuse that one site.

We only hosted 15 games at Longpoint, one game on Trident #2, and none at any of our other sites (including Awendaw). So pretty sure we can host a few more games than we did in the spring.

I am comfortable taking more on our properties but will not suggest here that we will manage the entire shift or load of 150. I suspect USA/MP will have other alternatives as needed for their games, as we are making plans for expansion.

Our plans (projections) look like considerable growth in 2019 and we need to factor that in any and all our plans and will include new space.

No way we will put lights in at Trident. And why is that even an issue here in regard to CPL. We would not entertain or host any evening games for CPL that will require lights. Training always takes priority at our sites midweek evenings.

You should reach out to USA/MP to ask more about their plans.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
As always, thanks for the insight. I just wanted to gauge your understanding of the demand for fields for CPL and see if you knew what the solution will be.

Regarding lights, I was wondering if the games could be played into the night at Trident if needed. Sounds like no.

Best of luck with the new children in your care at Cainhoy next season. They are what is important and the reason some are concerned about the lack of transparency and decency amomg some in leadership positions local youth soccer clubs.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
No worries, I'm constantly in worry mode about fields and have been ever since we started.

I think I have made the point on here before and I'll reiterate it again as a parent and long-time participant in youth soccer on all sides.

Game location is not nearly as big of an issue as training. Key to keeping parents (actually just about everyone) happy in the lowcountry is less travel at 5.30 pm across 1-2 bridges and why most of our East Cooper teams would prefer a postage stamp size of grass in central MP than an acre in Awendaw or Summerville.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic
No worries, I'm constantly in worry mode about fields and have been ever since we started.

I think I have made the point on here before and I'll reiterate it again as a parent and long-time participant in youth soccer on all sides.

Game location is not nearly as big of an issue as training. Key to keeping parents (actually just about everyone) happy in the lowcountry is less travel at 5.30 pm across 1-2 bridges and why most of our East Cooper teams would prefer a postage stamp size of grass in central MP than an acre in Awendaw or Summerville.

Mount Pleasant field rental availability for fall 2019:

Mon - Thu - 2 fields
Friday - 6 fields
Saturday - 6 fields
Sunday - 6 fields

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
I believe those will be split between at least 5 groups: LowLax, USAMP, CASC, CBSC and maybe a rugby group?

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Ouch

J
Kickoff
Kickoff
J
Which Mt Pleasant fields?

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard