S
More correctly listed for boys:

USSF DA
ECNL/ NPL
SCCL/ CPL
National League ( USYSA )
Challenge League
Classic League

The biggest players in our region are not putting their top teams into National League ( USYSA ).

No need to jump out the gate and claim a new league which hasn’t even fully formed as a top league- USL Academy Pro. Time will tell. Claiming otherwise is foolish.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Welcome to the boards.

Can’t say I agree with your list. ECNL>NPL IMO

National League is >>>SCCL/CPL SCCL/CPL is tiered, with ‘b’ and ‘c’ teams present at various levels. You can debate where the USYSA National compares to NPL or ECNL, but SCCL/CPL is an in house league that allows member clubs to play ALL of their teams, regardless of quality. The same cannot be said for USYSA National.

Just because these local clubs choose not to go that route doesn’t diminish the quality of that league, but only the quality of whatever SC team were to enter.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
What's with the ECNL/NPL pairing? The only commonality is they are both USCS leagues.
I think this is some provincial confusion and understandable. Though the marketing has been pretty hard core CPL is an SC phenomenon that will likely fail like the administrator's last league up north, the NEP.

Look around the country or even neighboring states and see what leagues the big clubs put their teams in. It will look like what my list.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
You left out a big detail.. on the boys side winning your NPL league or ECNL league advances you to the same championship. A championship that is only accessible via NPL or ECNL league success. Why would that be the case if the NPL is levels below the ECNL?

By results over the past five years, United Soccer Academy Mount Pleasant has been the strongest boys program in our state. The statement is supported by number of teams winning State Championships ( prior to CESA, DSC, SCUFC, USA/MP leaving the state leagues ).

In our market, the fact that the states most successful boys teams are in the NPL gives the league a big boost.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
This is my understanding of the leagues. The USYSA, by direction from USSF, started creating a system to develop players for the US National team. The latest incarnation of that is the DA.

One (of several) problem with DA was that MLS clubs saw little purpose in developing players for the National team. LA Galaxy, for example, was much more interested in developing players for the their own team.

Meanwhile, state organizations, each separate but under guidance of USYSA created their pathways and rules to support the vision of USSF. Some did better, some worse. Several clubs though were unhappy. This allowed a private entity, US Club Soccer, to fill that void and create competitive atmospheres that meet the needs of the their member clubs.

On the boys side, the parallel to DA is the ENPL. The NPL s more regionalized, closer to the intent of the Piedmont League (which is a step below the National league). To compare:
https://www.nationalpremierleagues.com/npl-leagues
https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/piedmont-conference/

SCCL and even moreso, CPL, have no fair comparisons. These leagues were organized by their member clubs under the US Club Soccer umbrella, and out of the State leagues (for the most part). Each club has their own reason for entering into this relationship. The CPL (Carolina Premier League) is one of just nine such leagues nationwide (source: https://www.usclubsoccer.org/premier-leagues

scsoccerfan123D has a point when he says it is a somewhat of a phenomenon here. As for its quality relative to the non-CPL teams, that is debatable. The SCCL and CPL have each clubs strongest AND weakest teams. Most of the biggest clubs in the state are members. The glaring exception in the CPL in the Low Country is CBSC, which won 70% of its matches against CPL clubs at the MB tournament in April and had 41 teams across all age groups. Although they applied to enter the CPL, they were denied with no reason given (the CPL does not have a defined entrance criteria. Its members vote on entrance, and it must be unanimous).

Hope this helps

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Just a thought. Did the cbsc win 70% of the their matchups against the cpl top teams in the myrtle beach tournament? Has the cbsc top teams matched up with any of the usamp, gps-nasa or cainhoy top teams from u-12 or above? I honestly don't know. I'm just curious how those games turned out.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
For that tournament, I believe each club recommended the level where they should play. I cannot speak to each matchup, though I am sure it is archived.

A quick perusal of each age groups top divisions shows that CBSC had 3 champions. All CPL clubs combined that were present (Coast, USA/MP, CASC) had 1 top division champion. And yes, they brought their top teams.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I guess what I meant was did the cpl clubs that were present send their top teams and did they match up anywhere with the CBSC. After looking. It didnt look like they matched up. On the boys side CBSC won at u-14. USAMP or Nasa u-14 teams were not there. Usamp u-14 team just won the NPL league and GPS-Nasa just lost in overtime of the state cup finals to the SCUFC ECNL team.

CBSC won at u-10 7v7, but there was also 2 divisions of u-10s that played 9v9 instead of 7v7,, including the usamp top team.

It sounds like I am being critical of CBSC,, and I am really not. I just don't know if the coastal tournament is a good metric for comparison to other local clubs.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Maybe, but what other metric do you propose?

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
The Coast FA tournament is just a general indicator of competitiveness. CBSC teams are competitive U8-U12 with any CPL club. Not much more can be drawn from the results than that.

SCUFC & Discoveries(Now CISC) will be part of the USL Academy league unless their clubs dont want to be part of the USL leagues anymore. It is a 2020 mandate. Their top teams will be in USL Academy League unless they have DA status, then their 2nd team will likely be. Like other big clubs, NPL will be where they put their 2nd, 3rd teams.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard