Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Hey, I dont think the Challenge will be above the SCCL-P. Just looking at the teams that played Challenge this spring, every team that played U-13 challenge will be in the new league and at u-14, all the teams except for United FC will be in the new league. I am just assuming they will put their higher teams in the SCCL--- but who knows.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Coach JB.. they wouldn’t. It’s only a CBSC talking point that the SCCL is below Challenge.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Originally Posted By: SoccerinLC
Coach JB.. they wouldn’t. It’s only a CBSC talking point that the SCCL is below Challenge.

LC, I have asked you, both here and in your messages, what I believe are fair questions, which you choose to ignore. I understand why CBSC parents have attacked USA/MP more vociferously than some other clubs and can understand why that would seem unfair.

I can tell you that my credibility was attacked last summer when I pointed out that the CPL was formed, in part, to exclude and isolate CBSC by some clubs to protect their own interests. In light of recent events, it appears that said purpose of exclusion seems more plausible than ever. Do you not think CBSC parents have a reason to miffed? Are you willing to state that USA/MP was in fact welcoming of CBSCs inclusion? Lobbied on their behalf? By your very argument, it doesn't matter how any clubs voted, if USA/MP voted "no".

The feeling many have, fair or unfair, is that USA/MP (the most successful overall club in the LowCountry) will go to extraordinary means (some think questionable) to protect its status. Other clubs do too, but USA/MP has the biggest, best reputation, so they are the easiest target. Additionally, MP in general has a reputation of getting its way (ask anyone at 75 Calhoun). How you feel about this may come down to how much you think club soccer is about soccer first, kids first, or business/money first.

Myself, I don't know the CBSC talking points. I know that my only reasonable options based on his age, given work and traffic schedules, limits my son to only two clubs (CBSC and GPS). I chose the one that was most convenient. In all ways, my son and I were pleased with the experience. I am sure he would have had an excellent experience at GPS as well, but it is more of a hardship.

What was disheartening, was that other clubs, for political or financial reasons, chose to create a separate league (much like a deseg. private school or country club), thereby diminishing the game day experience for non-members. I suppose we have our 'separate but equal' (but not really) league. And for those clubs that are not desirable members of CPL, well, those parents can take their kids to CPL clubs, right? What crappy choice.

I predict that 2-3 more clubs will be asked to join the CPL in part to further strangle the state leagues. And then, when there are not enough non-CPL teams to form a sufficient enough quality league what then? Too bad, so sad, they can join the 14% decrease in American youth soccer from last year.

USYS and US Club Soccer are at war. The US Club Soccer National Headquarters is right here in Charleston. Coincidence? The CPL (Carolina Premier League) is one of just nine such leagues nationwide (source: https://www.usclubsoccer.org/premier-leagues

As I said, USA/MP has an excellent history. Be proud. Defend their reputation. I just ask in return, that you acknowledge that CBSC, as well as some other clubs, have every reason to feel they have been jobbed, and that USA/MP is as responsible, if not moreso, than any other club.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S

I said that SCCL and Challenge were same level. Tied for 6 on that list.

SCCL-P is the second tier of the SCCL.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
For the girls side, I'm not sure, but something close to this:

1. DA (USSF)
1. ECNL (US Club)
T3.National League (USYS)
T3.Regional ECNL (US Club)
T3.DPL (Regional DA leagues)
6. NPL (US Club)
T7.Challenge League (SCYSA)
T7.SCCL (US Club)
T9.PMSL (SCYSA)
T9.SCCL-Premier (US Club)
11.Open League(SCYSA)

Just found out that DPL is unrelated to USSDA so dropping it down a peg.

1. DA (USSF)
1. ECNL (US Club)
T3.National League (USYS)
T3.Regional ECNL (US Club)
5. DPL (Regional DA leagues)
6. NPL (US Club)
T7.Challenge League (SCYSA)
T7.SCCL (US Club)
T9.PMSL (SCYSA)
T9.SCCL-Premier (US Club)
11.Open League(SCYSA)
[/quote]

J
Bench
Bench
J
The real hierarchy is:

NPL
Piedmont Conference
SCCL Champions
Challenge
SCCL Premier
PMSL
Open

IMO, the SCCL Champions could easily move up to #1 in quick fashion and be second fiddle to ECNL.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Originally Posted By: jahlion247
The real hierarchy is:

NPL
Piedmont Conference
SCCL Champions
Challenge
SCCL Premier
PMSL
Open

IMO, the SCCL Champions could easily move up to #1 in quick fashion and be second fiddle to ECNL.

First, SCCL Champions clubs better teams will play in the NPL or ECNL if able. USA/MP ha already posted their teams and coaching assignments. There top teams will play NPL. Their 'B' teams will play in SCCL. The ECNL is above the NPL in the US Club Soccer hierarchy. CESA and SC Utd are the only clubs in SC with ECNL teams Sourece- https://toq6dn5q7q7tsrs5-zippykid.netdna...6-2019.001.jpeg).

As for NPL vs Piedmont, I am not sure how you can compare.

What makes you so sure NPL rates higher than Piedmont (u-15 boys listed here)?

NPL (South Atlantic)
AFC Lightning (Ga.)
Charlotte Soccer Academy (N.C.)
Chattanooga FC Academy (Tenn.) / boys only
Discoveries SC (S.C.)
FC Alliance (Tenn.) / boys only
Lake Norman SC (N.C.)
Southern Soccer Academy (Ga.)
Triangle United Soccer Association (N.C.)
United Futbol Academy (Ga.)
United Soccer Academy Mount Pleasant (S.C.)
Wake FC (N.C.)

Piedmont league
1) TRIANGLE UNITED TUSA GOLD
2) INTER ATLANTA FC
3) PRO PROFILE ACADEMY PPA KSA
4) GPS CAROLINA GPS NASA 2006
5) PRO-PROFILE ACADEMY
6) NCFC ELITE
7) WAKE FC 06 BLUE
8) SMYRNA 2006 BOYS RED
9) DANIEL ISLAND DISA AJAX
10) CAROLINA FC CFC06B ELITE
11) CHARLOTTE 06 CSA SOUTH ELIT
12) GPS LEXINGTON

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Regardless of CPL anger or a belief in future clubs ability to take their spot as the home for the strongest teams, let’s look at some facts:

Before DSC pulled out for NPL/ ECNL, before SCUFC pulled out for ECNL, before USA/MP pulled out for NPL- USA/MP won all but 1 State Championship on the boys side ( Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 ). They were one of 2 clubs in our entire country to have a boys team in every age group of National League ( not Piedmont league - actual National League ). The only other was Scott Gallagher. USA/MP sent 2 boys teams to the National Championship & have even won a National Championship in the past two years.

Hate em or love em.. the staff at USA/MP have more experience at the top of our state & region then any other LC staff. The fact that they pulled their top teams out of the piedmont league to play in the NPL says it all.

GPS NASA who are up & coming did the same thing. Think they would be doing so to play in a second tier region league? That ones easy- they wouldn’t.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Regardless of CPL anger or a belief in future clubs ability to take their spot as the home for the strongest teams, let’s look at some facts:

Before DSC pulled out for NPL/ ECNL, before SCUFC pulled out for ECNL, before USA/MP pulled out for NPL- USA/MP won all but 1 State Championship on the boys side ( Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 ). They were one of 2 clubs in our entire country to have a boys team in every age group of National League ( not Piedmont league - actual National League ). The only other was Scott Gallagher. USA/MP sent 2 boys teams to the National Championship & have even won a National Championship in the past two years.

Hate em or love em.. the staff at USA/MP have more experience at the top of our state & region then any other LC staff. The fact that they pulled their top teams out of the piedmont league to play in the NPL says it all.

GPS NASA who are up & coming did the same thing. Think they would be doing so to play in a second tier region league? That ones easy- they wouldn’t.

Its not that simple. Remember, the Piedmont, in this case is TEAM based. The NPL is CLUB based. The advantage for the NPL clubs is obvious, they get a seat at the table at every age group. In the USYS system, each team is in based on its own merit. Therefore, a weak team for a club may not make it.

I believe GPS Lexington SA 04 Gold was the only team from SC in the National league last year.

USA/MP NPL teams would likely have done better in the Piedmont than the teams they sent, but if these are the teams that will move to SCCL next year, anyone that thinks that league will automatically be superior to the Piedmont cannot be taken seriously.To summarize how their teams did in the much easier Piedmont:

U13 No team entered
U14 second to last (#9 of 10)
U15 Last place (#10 of 10)
U16 Last place (#8 of 8)
U17 Last place (#8 of 8)
U18 No team entered
U19 Last place (#10 of 10)

It is what it is.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
It is what it is, no doubt, the strongest teams aren’t in the Piedmont league. It’s definitely a lower level than NPL.

Your information on club based vs team level is correct and the same can be said for ECNL, DA, USL Academy etc.

Be glad that the USL Academy will be club based as that would be the only reason CBSC will have access to the USL league, their current crop of teams have no business playing at a level beyond classic / challenge.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard