Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Originally Posted By: SoccerinLC
It is what it is, no doubt, the strongest teams aren’t in the Piedmont league. It’s definitely a lower level than NPL.

Your information on club based vs team level is correct and the same can be said for ECNL, DA, USL Academy etc.

Be glad that the USL Academy will be club based as that would be the only reason CBSC will have access to the USL league, their current crop of teams have no business playing at a level beyond classic / challenge.

Perhaps, but lower level is opinion not borne out by facts. Chances are if USA/MP switched their NPL/Piedmont teams to the other leagues, they would instead:
A. Be among the best in the Piedmont and
B. Bottom of the barrel in the NPL.

Pretty much what they have now.

As for CBSC, I agree. And for the sake of the club, hopefully the opportunity for their kids to play in a high quality league will remove the last barrier for some players/parents from joining the club.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: SoccerinLC
It is what it is, no doubt, the strongest teams aren’t in the Piedmont league. It’s definitely a lower level than NPL.

Your information on club based vs team level is correct and the same can be said for ECNL, DA, USL Academy etc.

Be glad that the USL Academy will be club based as that would be the only reason CBSC will have access to the USL league, their current crop of teams have no business playing at a level beyond classic / challenge.

Who said anything about NL-Piedmont?

U8-U12 CBSC Boys and girls top teams will beat USAMP top teams 80% of the time at minimum due to this past year's training alone. Lets us play and see. But the club focus is long term development of all kids, even of the "crop" of you kids that you just threw under the bus. I would argue that that mentality is one of many reasons USAMP "has no business" teaching kids anything.

Also lets keep in mind that it was the local government subsidies and exclusive contract that set the Booster Club(USAMP) up to become the once dominant force. That and partnerships with better organizations like SCU and Tormenta FC. Now that the field subsidization is gone, competition is open, and those relationships are in the rearview, the dominance is over. It might not take effect immediately at the older ages, but U12 and below it has.

And that is why you won't let 2nd graders play each other. The fear of something better.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic
SCCL (East) has two divisions. For sake of simplicity here P (I) & II ....

Do you not understand your own league or are you saying there are actually two divisions of the second division of SCCL, which is lower than NPL in USCS-only league pyramid?

So NPL>SCCL>SCCL-P(I)>SCCL-P(II)

Do parents and coaches know this?

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I don’t have a dog in this fight. But cbsc winning 80% against Usamp, at least at boys, just wouldn’t happen. I don’t care how many times I see the #individualdevelopment hashtag posted.

They are certainly better at the younger ages, but Even winning 4 out of 10 times would be a stretch. Your 07s lost to the usamp second team in the Coast tournament just a month ago, and I’m know that Usamp, Cainhoy and Gps 07s first teams are really really good. Your 08 north is ok, but would probably be 4th in the area. Your 05s won pmsl state, that’s a great accomplishment for those kids. But they are at best the 3rd best team in a 10 mile radius.

I think the cbsc will continue to make strides, assuming their first team stays around, but success against the teams from Walterboro, isol and your own 2nd-5th teams aren’t the same as beating Usamps galaxy teams

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
I don’t have a dog in this fight. But cbsc winning 80% against Usamp, at least at boys, just wouldn’t happen. I don’t care how many times I see the #individualdevelopment hashtag posted.

They are certainly better at the younger ages, but Even winning 4 out of 10 times would be a stretch. Your 07s lost to the usamp second team in the Coast tournament just a month ago, and I’m know that Usamp, Cainhoy and Gps 07s first teams are really really good. Your 08 north is ok, but would probably be 4th in the area. Your 05s won pmsl state, that’s a great accomplishment for those kids. But they are at best the 3rd best team in a 10 mile radius.

I think the cbsc will continue to make strides, assuming their first team stays around, but success against the teams from Walterboro, isol and your own 2nd-5th teams aren’t the same as beating Usamps galaxy teams

I said U8-U12.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Cainhoy doesn't have a first team. It is just a loose affiliation of coaches. Assuming you mean Temoc's team though.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Theres plenty to like about the 07 Revolution, USAMPs second team. Those boys and their parents have been treated miserably by the club for years.

VisitRaleigh 07 Boys results are a good place to compare 07s. No USAMP 07s though I agree USAMP was likely a step above all last year:

Division ONE:
CBSC 1-1-1

Division TWO:
Coast FA 2-0-1
GPS maroon 2-1-0

Division FOUR:
JIYSC 3-0-0
Cainhoy Gunners 3-0-0

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Theres plenty to like about the 07 Revolution, USAMPs second team.

VisitRaleigh 07 Boys results are a good place to compare 07s. No USAMP 07s though I agree USAMP was likely a step above all last year:

We agree! Great teams, both of them.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard