Goal Kick
S
Count me in the same boat as you SRR!

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Ok, sorry was driving and couldn’t respond

1. Older kids don’t stay with a certain club “to play with there friends”,,,at least not competitive soccer players. That approach works with 8/9 year olds. Not so much for older kids. I would think those employees probably wanted the best for their own kids.... but that’s pretty much all I will say about that.

2. Usamp may cost a littlemore than Cbsc when you factor in tournament team fees,,, but in terms of value it’s not even close and Gps makes cbsc fees look ridiculous.

Take the top 05 teams (since this is top to bottom one of the strongest age groups for all 3)

Usamp 05 npl. $1100. Doesn’t include tournament or teams. Can expect maybe $500 more dollars for npl games/tournaments/etc. But that gets you NPL schedule, 4 practices a week with a proven coach (have no idea what Colin’s coaching license is, but my kids would play for him any day). ... Because of how good they are,,, they can expect to still be practicing and playing deep into the summer.. They are practicing now!!!!

GPS 05 npl. $1425. Includes all fees. Gets you NPL schedule. 3 practices a week, and a additional speed/technical practice. You get10 months of training. 8 tournaments, and the preseason team camp. (Coach is a former Irish top division head coach, Uefa pro license) They are practicing now!!

Cbsc 05 black. $1200. Includes all fees. I am assuming 2 tournaments like the past. Training 2 nights a week, from Aug-December. An additional night for technical work and free play (every Cbsc parent I work with had complained about the inconsistency of these sessions). Will be playing in the challenge league, but 70%-80% of those teams are leaving for the SCCL. The coach has a Uefa A or B license depending on what you look at (but still a very respectable pedigree). No idea if they are practicing now. I have heard not. We

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
...Usamp 05 npl. $1100. Doesn’t include tournament or teams. Can expect maybe $500 more dollars for npl games/tournaments/etc...

Where do you get your USAMP figures from? The younger kids total fees are more than that. I wonder if they know that the older kids pay less. Or maybe you are just guessing. It'd be nice if clubs had stated fee schedule like GPS and CBSC so we could compare.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Ok, sorry was driving and couldn’t respond

1. Older kids don’t stay with a certain club “to play with there friends”,,,at least not competitive soccer players. That approach works with 8/9 year olds. Not so much for older kids. I would think those employees probably wanted the best for their own kids.... but that’s pretty much all I will say about that.

2. Usamp may cost a littlemore than Cbsc when you factor in tournament team fees,,, but in terms of value it’s not even close and Gps makes cbsc fees look ridiculous.

Take the top 05 teams (since this is top to bottom one of the strongest age groups for all 3)

Usamp 05 npl. $1100. Doesn’t include tournament or teams. Can expect maybe $500 more dollars for npl games/tournaments/etc. But that gets you NPL schedule, 4 practices a week with a proven coach (have no idea what Colin’s coaching license is, but my kids would play for him any day). ... Because of how good they are,,, they can expect to still be practicing and playing deep into the summer.. They are practicing now!!!!

GPS 05 npl. $1425. Includes all fees. Gets you NPL schedule. 3 practices a week, and a additional speed/technical practice. You get10 months of training. 8 tournaments, and the preseason team camp. (Coach is a former Irish top division head coach, Uefa pro license) They are practicing now!!

Cbsc 05 black. $1200. Includes all fees. I am assuming 2 tournaments like the past. Training 2 nights a week, from Aug-December. An additional night for technical work and free play (every Cbsc parent I work with had complained about the inconsistency of these sessions). Will be playing in the challenge league, but 70%-80% of those teams are leaving for the SCCL. The coach has a Uefa A or B license depending on what you look at (but still a very respectable pedigree). No idea if they are practicing now. I have heard not. We

Thanks. This is good info. Some questions I am curious about.

Using 05 boys, have both USA/MP teams started practicing?

For GPS, correct me if I am wrong, but there are three 05 teams for the NASA kids:
GPS Charleston 05 team, comprised of the top players from NASA, JIYSC, and Coastal
GPS Maroon
GPS White

Are all three practicing now? Are the fees the same for each? Since the tryouts for the 05s at GPS ended last Wednesday, May 22, do you feel those tryouts are truly open or the teams are predetermined? Have you seen examples of kids being moved up or down teams? I ask because I think a lot of parents may feel their kid, were they to switch clubs, would not be given a truly fair opportunity. Few kids, regardless of clubs, will move from their clubs top team to another clubs 'B' team.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I don't know if both USAMP 05 teams are practicing, but I know their NPL team is.

Yes, GPS NPL is made up of the best from those 3 clubs. They had their first combined practice thursday night at Cathedral. They are having a training weekend this saturday and sunday,, basically 5-6 hours on both days. . To introduce everyone to the style of play and get the teams working together.

I am assuming the tryouts were open. But like anywhere else, I think the coaches do a good job of basically knowing who the good in the area are. If someone from out of the area moves in, I would like to think they would be given as shot.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
umm... I'm not guessing. I just posted what they have listed on their website for 2019-2020 fees. Most clubs older clubs do pay less because they don't have a full spring season.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Clearly, should not multi-task...... clubs older “teams” don’t pay as much

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Clearly, should not multi-task...... clubs older “teams” don’t pay as much

I hear you on the multi-tasking. Can't believe 05s are already half-season teams. So your guess and mine for the USAMP 05s are likely close at around $1600.

I've heard different stories about that 05 coach and wouldn't want my children playing for him, but I guess that's either something you haven't heard or a philosophical difference about how to teach children. From your past posts, I'm thinking its the former.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I haven’t heard anything... so I guess it would be the former.

S
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
S
Your safe SCSoccer, the USA/MP coach mentioned above is very popular with USA/MP & isn’t likely to be coaching at a club your kids are at any time soon. Not to mention he is only coaching top level teams, no chance your player runs into him.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard