Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
M
Not sure,,, I think it will be tough from a scheduling standpoint to play in 2 different leagues. I dont know if that helps. Just looking at the Spring Challenge league.. Of the 19 teams that played in the spring, 18 of those teams will be npl or associated with the new league. PMSL has more than half their teams associated with the new league. I dont have a clue were they will end up though.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Some of these teams are aligned/will align to USL teams, so I wonder if this league will wind up being for the top teams without USL alignment and the lowest teams with USL alignment. I'm thinking SC United, Discoveries and others. Maybe a Greenville youth club will align with the Greenville Triumph?

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Also noted that one CPL/SCCL club has multiple coaches with three teams. That will lead to continued scheduling nightmares for the leagues.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Some of these teams are aligned/will align to USL teams, so I wonder if this league will wind up being for the top teams without USL alignment and the lowest teams with USL alignment. I'm thinking SC United, Discoveries and others. Maybe a Greenville youth club will align with the Greenville Triumph?

It won’t wind up as you described beyond what it as already. SCUFC, DSC, USA/MP, GPS top teams are not in the league beyond U12. A future USL academy surely isn’t going to have competition at u9, u10 & u11. If so, that will be a mistake, no reason for those age groups to be traveling outside the state.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Also noted that one CPL/SCCL club has multiple coaches with three teams. That will lead to continued scheduling nightmares for the leagues.

It is my understanding that the CPL & SCCL league are using a club approach to their scheduling. Ie all of GPS Junior Girls play on the same date at the same park vs the same club. This approach supports club unity, allows directors to interact with all teams and facilities an environment where coaches can coach multiple teams.

Happy to keep correcting any attempts to disparage the CPL/SCCL league. Clearly the lack of being accepted is driving these attempts.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard