Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I don’t have an opinion on that one way or another. I think people need to do what’s best for their family. I would want my child in the best program they could be in. I am assuming they would as well. Who knows,,, just an observation that has been mentioned by members of the cbsc community themselves.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
I think there are plenty of signs. Of course we all heard the battery was not doing well financially. I've heard this multiple times from multiple people.

...I think there are plenty of signs. Of course we all heard the battery was not doing well financially. I've heard this multiple times from multiple people...

When was the Charleston Battery doing so well financially? Did Tony Bakkar tell anyone that he sold a business that was making money? I bet you didn't hear that at all from him. Maybe from some USAMP cranks?

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
...The CBSC fees are rather expensive what you get and their uniforms are as well, but they are able to generate cash flow from starting a youth club...

I believe CBSC is less than USAMP and DISA and more than Cainhoy and GPS NASA. Not sure about JIYSC. The money CBSC generates goes into running CBSC not the professional club, Charleston Battery. Here and elsewhere you seem to be confusing them as the same entity. They are not.

S
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
S
I can tell you with 1000% certainty that they have leaned heavily on their employees to bring their kids over and in at least one case they absolutely gave their employee no choice..

Under previous ownership the Battery lost money. The difference is, the previous owner could afford it, the new owner can’t/ isn’t willing to ( which is his right either way ). With that said, the previous owner also didn’t have the need for bail/ attorney fees that the current owner does.

S
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
S
Originally Posted By: Shamrock Rovers

That said, I think LC has been closer to the point. I think he sold the property and will not invest much if any into the club, senior or academy, beyond what is needed to maximize the sale of the senior club. If a new ownership group does come in, I believe it would be fantastic for the club from top to bottom.

The value of the team was the stadium, the owner despite every attempt couldn’t sale it as a package. It’s obvious he wants out. Without a stadium, the team has very little/ no financial value. Mark my word, the absence of a buyer ( & one with cash to burn ) the team will fold in the near future. Which is shame, perhaps a bigger shame that on its way out, over half the LC was alienated from the team for various reason ( youth club, ticket prices, teams lack of quality )..

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Originally Posted By: SoccerinLC
Originally Posted By: Shamrock Rovers

That said, I think LC has been closer to the point. I think he sold the property and will not invest much if any into the club, senior or academy, beyond what is needed to maximize the sale of the senior club. If a new ownership group does come in, I believe it would be fantastic for the club from top to bottom.

The value of the team was the stadium, the owner despite every attempt couldn’t sale it as a package. It’s obvious he wants out. Without a stadium, the team has very little/ no financial value. Mark my word, the absence of a buyer ( & one with cash to burn ) the team will fold in the near future. Which is shame, perhaps a bigger shame that on its way out, over half the LC was alienated from the team for various reason ( youth club, ticket prices, teams lack of quality )..

According to transfermarkt, Chattanooga is worth $1,900,000. They are USL 1.
Greenville Triumph, USL 2, doesn’t have their own stadium, $1,130,000.
Louisville plays in a baseball stadium. $3,750,000.
I think $3,000,000 is a fair estimate of the teams value.

I don’t think the youth club has much to do with it, and certainly not lack os quality of play. For the last five years, they have finished no worse than 6th place in their conference and have made the playoffs three times.

Ticket prices is a fair criticism, and the location on DI doesn’t really help, but I also feel the marketing has been poor. They could give each of the school districts 100 free tickets to every home game to disperse as desired (varsity players, honor roll, good behavior, whatever). That would put butts in seats. Maybe half price for the parent. Right now, there just seems like little effort or creativity there and they have resources and people to do better.

S
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
S
What does 3 mil get you? A pay toll that doesn’t even break even. Not sure I’m buying the spend 3 mil to lose money argument.

If correct, at 3 mil, plus 6.75 for the stadium, the 10 mil spent to buy the team is a loss..

S
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
S
A pay roll that doesn’t break even. Not pay toll!

S
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
S
SCSoccerfanjohn.. if they aren’t the same entity that kinda blows up the #pathwaytopro marketing.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Just my estimate, but I don’t think people buy minor league franchises, and certainly not soccer ones, to make money. I’m certainly not wealthy, but my understanding is that most sports franchise owners usually report their team as a net loss to the IRS, which allows them to play games with their taxes to benefit themselves. Of course I could be completely wrong. There’s a first for everything :-)’

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard