Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Sent out to club members today:

With Wednesday’s announcement of new ownership for the Charleston Battery, we wanted to reach out to the members of our Charleston Battery Soccer Club family. We’ve valued our strong relationship with the Charleston Battery pro team, and are pleased to share that this affiliation will continue under the new ownership. Together, along with the Charleston Fleet, we’ve built a strong foundation for the continued success of this program. Together with all of you, we have already impacted thousands of youth athletes across the Lowcountry, and serve as a model for youth soccer programs across the country.

With the sale of the pro team, we’re excited to now direct even more energy toward continuing the growth and development of youth soccer in our region. To that end, we will be sharing several exciting announcements over the next few months that will further underscore our long-term commitment to and vision for youth soccer in the Lowcountry.

If you should have any questions please feel free to contact me directly, or reach out to any member of our staff.

Warm regards,

Melissa Britton

Executive Director, Charleston Battery Soccer Club

melissa@chsbatterysc.com

questions@chsbatterysc.com

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Not so sure this email from MB is going to age well as it pertains to the affiliation with the Battery Pro team.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
PervertinLC, do you think there is a bad relationship between CBSC and the Charleston Battery pro team owners? There isn't.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
The youth club is not going to have anywhere close to the same relationship with the pro team going forward. Brand, resources, league access, uniforms etc. That doesn’t mean they don’t get along. The new owner is working to get along with everyone. Which is a nice contrast to the EB reign.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
PervertinLC, I fully support the Pro team working with all local clubs that act in good faith in the Charleston youth soccer market. They have suggested as much, stating they are going to take some time before they make any decisions about how to approach the local youth soccer market.

CBSC owns the rights to its name but I also support the CBSC leadership continuing to be good faith actors in its relationship with the pro team when it comes to any naming and branding issues.

I also expect local league access to open up, as a gesture of good faith on the part of local clubs.

I don't expect Charleston Battery to provide any fields or funds to local clubs, especially those who have an unsustainable "business" model.

I also dont expect you to become a decent human.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
So,,,, the Battery is changing it’s name?

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad

Not the pro team.. yes to the youth club.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
PervertinLC, I fully support the Pro team working with all local clubs that act in good faith in the Charleston youth soccer market. They have suggested as much, stating they are going to take some time before they make any decisions about how to approach the local youth soccer market.

CBSC owns the rights to its name but I also support the CBSC leadership continuing to be good faith actors in its relationship with the pro team when it comes to any naming and branding issues.

I also expect local league access to open up, as a gesture of good faith on the part of local clubs.

I don't expect Charleston Battery to provide any fields or funds to local clubs, especially those who have an unsustainable "business" model.

I also dont expect you to become a decent human.

Welcome to the spin zone! Sorry I’m sorry you getting called out here has hurt your feelings.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
PervertinLC, what did I get "called out" on?

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S

It's a decision CBSC will make in conjunction with the new Charleston Battery owners.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S

It's a decision CBSC will make in conjunction with the new Charleston Battery owners.

Not accurate but cute to think that.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S

The fact USAMP is living rent free in your head.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: SoccerinLC

Given that's the only place they can afford, I'm happy to oblige.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Originally Posted By: SoccerinLC

Given that's the only place they can afford, I'm happy to oblige.

Go ahead and offer us proof to back that statement up.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Awendaw

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
I have yet to charge anyone at USSMP for my memories of their former field contracts

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
There is a big difference in not starting a project ( to date) and being able to afford rental facilities.

Following your logic, not buying a new multi million house yet would mean that person could not afford the house they have. That’s definitely not how it works, if it did, almost all of us would be homeless!

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
I have yet to charge anyone at USSMP for my memories of their former field contracts

It must keep you up at night that USAMP is still making it and having success.

While we are at it, please enlighten us as to as a better field situation in Mt Pleasant. It is still USAMP with Cainhoy right there serving those who want to play at that level.

Your disdain for USAMP can’t change that.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Wait. I thought the executive director told Mt Pleasant town council members that USAMP broke ground on that Awendaw project back in June of 2018. Was that dishonesty? Should I get the quote again for you?

I believe CBSC have more time at PP, CP and Shipyard than USAMP. USAMP uses Cario and Moultrie on monthly contracts though. I'm not sure why they do that monthly.

Some parents have told me those fields arent great, but I guess that's all that was left to use.

I guess this is my reminder to the readers my issue is with the actions of the leadership of USAMP. I know many parents and kids. Sone real good folks. Just so the non PervertinLC folks reading remember.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Sooo... your saying for the outlined above ( if even true ) are the reasons you are against the leadership at USAMP. That makes perfect sense as a non member. Or is it personal? We’re you not happy with your coach, your child’s team, etc? I’m thinking something along those lines. I would bet there are unhappy people at every club in the USA, most just make it the obsession you do on this forum. Everyone can see that. I for one am glad you have another place so we don’t have to share the sidelines, but don’t think you will come here and spread misinformation unchecked.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
PervertinLC is popping in the messages of other clubs to talk smack and then accusing others of being obsessed.

I've outlined the dishonesty of the club leadership and folks who have read it understand that quotes are not deniable.

Agree we likely dont want to share a sideline. I've seen your type bully kids on opposing teams.

Piece of work that PervertinLC

Kickoff
Kickoff
You are both a piece of work. leadership at many of the clubs you mention have all have been guilty of smoke and mirrors at one time or another

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard