Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Hearing CBSC and USAMP are in talks again.

USAMP also parted ways with Kian Brownlee, Select Girls Director of Player Development & Director of Soccer Programming. Not sure what the impetus for that change was mid-year. Also not sure if he was a good coach or not. If he was a good coach, that's unfortunate as the Charleston area soccer could use more good coaches and less overhead baggage personnel.

Kickoff
Kickoff
the CBSC USAMP soap opera is a joke. they would do no better together than they are doing apart. if they want to merge, do it and settle down (and figure out how to pay those salaries)

whatever happened to rumors that battery pro club were pulling away from youth club? is that why rumors of merger? you have no pro club and we have no fields, so let's get together?

Kian is a good coach. Why he is no longer at USA is his business.

charleston has good coaches. we would do well to learn that an english accent does not automatically qualify you to coach or make you better at the game.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
I don't know if a merger would make things better or not. I believe a requirement for ECNL admittance is control of fields by the club. I also believe club size and history of performance are also examined. Perhaps a merger would allow them to enter into better opportunities. Difficult to say.

I think a merger, if it were to happen, would have little to do with the Senior Team and more to do with both clubs realizing that their current situation is less than desirable and that together, they could solve a lot of their individual issues. It remains to be seen if they can iron out an agreement.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
I am in agreement that a near-term merger would be very difficult. One club seems to want financial help(fields) immediately, the other club seems to want ECNL quickly. That said, I'm not sure you could reconcile club philosophies, let alone personnel and finances quick enough. And the in-fighting among parents who expect their kids to stay in the top team, 2nd team, etc; or with the same teammates; or with the same coaches would likely render everything else moot.

I'd just as soon not merge and wait another year or two and see what the landscape looks like. That said, I trust the soccer and business people at CBSC to continue to make the right decision for their members.

I dont have an opinion on Kian as a coach, as I stated, but it sounds an english accent would have helped.

V
Vic Offline
Bench
Bench
V
Loads of talk regarding USA, Battery, and 3rd club coming into the table for a merger...looks like another badge for the coast coming soon.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Looks like

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Clearly I’m out of the loop. What clubs?

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Whoever can afford USAMP debt if the money is gone next year. 2018 tax returns show a net -$60k. If similar this past year they'll have a year until the $170k in reserves for the fields are gone. We wont know until they submit the 2019 Form 990. Not sure if the person(s?) responsible for that will/should be around but I suppose that's up to USAMP parents.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
What clubs? Not sure, but not us.

We just announced our new 2020 uniforms and signed a new four year deal with our primary kit supplier, adidas

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Role call. Just seeing if anyone received a red card.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard