Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
S
Originally Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic
Not us

Has Cainhoy made or are in the process of agreeing to form a relationship with another club that would allow CA players to play on an elite team sponsored by another club?

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Cainhoy Athletic participates in many meetings and efforts to improve soccer opportunities for our members, just last week I attended three (3) separate in-person meetings with 3rd parties. But a little stretch to say we are part of a merger (after all, who would want our financial model and fields).

I think what you are referring to is the one where an idea is being suggested to create an independent unit to host the most talented players from our area (in U13+ ages) to participate in the highest level of play attainable by said consolidation. A little easier on the girls side as there is less question as to what that competition may be (ECNL). Boys might argue DA, USL, NPL, National League, etc. and a little messier but to answer your question, yes we (along with most larger low country clubs) participated in that meeting and will again if invited to see where that goes.

I would not consider this a merger though. Candidly as you probably know, most the top talent already filters off (from many sources) to single teams or clubs anyway, and for us, the impact will likely look the same. Of course, if that top tip of the pyramid does offer better competition and more unity, then that is a good thing.

At minimum our club will operate and support play within State leagues where existing structure provides ample runway for our coaches and teams

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
S
Originally Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic
Cainhoy Athletic participates in many meetings and efforts to improve soccer opportunities for our members, just last week I attended three (3) separate in-person meetings with 3rd parties. But a little stretch to say we are part of a merger (after all, who would want our financial model and fields).

I think what you are referring to is the one where an idea is being suggested to create an independent unit to host the most talented players from our area (in U13+ ages) to participate in the highest level of play attainable by said consolidation. A little easier on the girls side as there is less question as to what that competition may be (ECNL). Boys might argue DA, USL, NPL, National League, etc. and a little messier but to answer your question, yes we (along with most larger low country clubs) participated in that meeting and will again if invited to see where that goes.

I would not consider this a merger though. Candidly as you probably know, most the top talent already filters off (from many sources) to single teams or clubs anyway, and for us, the impact will likely look the same. Of course, if that top tip of the pyramid does offer better competition and more unity, then that is a good thing.

At minimum our club will operate and support play within State leagues where existing structure provides ample runway for our coaches and teams

Thank you. Yours was not a club anticipate to merge. Yes, I was referring to the "independent unit" you pointed out. Thank you for the direct and transparent answer.

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
Who are the anticipated clubs? True merger or more of a partnership type of agreement?

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
Originally Posted By: EastOak961
Who are the anticipated clubs? True merger or more of a partnership type of agreement?

Finally heard who this might be and they are still trying to work it out. Just not sure it will really go through but who knows. Seems like an odd grouping in some ways.

The current crisis may drive some of this though. Would certainly create some waves in a few areas.

T
Kickoff
Kickoff
T
I'm guessing the clubs have decided not to merge since no announcement has been made. If a merge was going to happen it probably would have been announced by now.

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
My understanding is that it is still being sorted out. But yeah, if it is going to happen it needs happen ASAP.

S
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
S
Just sent to CBSC families:

To Our Players and Families,

As some of you may have heard, we’ve been working very hard over the last few months to bring the Lowcountry soccer community together. We believe in creating and supporting an environment where the contributions and input of each individual club is valued equally, and where clubs work together to provide the best possible soccer opportunities for our players. We are extremely excited to announce that we will be joining forces with James Island Youth Soccer Club and GPS Charleston to create a soccer alliance between our organizations. We are still developing all the details of how this alliance will work and will pass that information on as it’s available. At a minimum, we will partner with each other on leagues, tournaments and events, facilitate play opportunities between our teams, share learning and best practices between our coaches, and above all else, commit to always do what’s best for our players and families. The alliance will be open to all local clubs committed (in principle and in action) to these tenets, and will work diligently to identify and pursue new ways for our organizations to partner with and support each other.

We’ve also been communicating closely with the Battery and the Fleet, and in line with the push to bring youth clubs together and not have pro club relationships exclusive to one single club, we will be changing the name of CBSC to Charleston Soccer Club. We will still maintain great relationships with the Battery and Fleet, your club fees will still include player admission to the Battery and Fleet home games, and members of the pro organizations will still continue to be part of our coaching staff. This change in branding does not change any of our values, programming, staff, facilities, sponsor relationships, or operations.

There is a lot going on in Charleston area youth soccer right now, and we are very excited to be a part of it! As a reminder to all of us, this is why we do what we do. It’s why we started the club three years ago, what we firmly believe today, and what we will carry with us into the future.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard