Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
"USYS is cancelling the 2020 Presidents Cup, our 2020 National Championships and all of the regional competitions leading up to those two events."

Dr. Pete Zopfi – USYS Chair, Skip Gilbert – USYS CEO

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Club Soccer in SC is still in a suspended state. SCYS leagues, CPL and SCCL remain in question until at least next week.
I'd expect more guidance with regard to those leagues from sanctioning bodies after April 15th.

Cainhoy Athletic did decide on April 9th to abandon any hope of its recreation, micro program for the spring and defer to summer options as the default alternative.
More detail for this, and our position on all Spring programming is detailed in letters to our membership dated 9th and 10th April, also published on our website.

CASC letter to membership - COVID-19

Stay safe all.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
T
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
T

Kickoff
Kickoff
Your article asks "WHAT WOULD OUR YOUTH SOCCER LANDSCAPE LOOK LIKE IF 1 OUT OF EVERY 4 CLUBS FOLDED?" I would say pretty good in Charleston. Still too many clubs for a community this size.

Kickoff
Kickoff
Your efforts are commendable. I am not seeing anything like this out of the larger clubs.

For tournaments I heard that some are issuing vouchers.

Not sure I an stomach paying as much as I do for soccer and getting little or nothing in return.

I
Bench
Bench
I
Not exactly local, but SCUFC is being very transparent about their meetings, refunds, budget, plans, etc. They post it every week.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: idaho384
Not exactly local, but SCUFC is being very transparent about their meetings, refunds, budget, plans, etc. They post it every week.

They really do seem to have great external communications. Most clubs just communicate internally or not at all.

I understand the need to pay coaches through this. I dont want them to go bankrupt and I consider my fees a sunk cost the moment Inwrite the check. The refunds should only be for items no longer paid for like referee fees, field fees(as applicable), travel fees, tournaments etc.

The refund (or credit) for tournaments, should be passed on as a refund(or credit) back to parents.

T
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
T
Yes. SCUFC has done a great job communicating throughout this time.

T
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
T
Charlottes Independence SC just released this. No concrete dates but very informative plan they have put together.

https://www.flipsnack.com/Independencesoccer/master-plan-fhiydea5t/full-view.html

I
Bench
Bench
I
Nice work by a few clubs. Then we have all the others....

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard