T
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
T

Corner Kick
Corner Kick

Dear Club Leadership:

This is a notice that our tentative return to play date is June 1st for Phase 1 only- you will receive the recommendations from SCYSA next week. We are still looking at possible changes to these recommendations during this fluid situation. There is a possibility the RTP date will be pushed back if given direction from the Governor's office.

Phase 1 prohibits physical contact between players and no shared equipment (soccer balls). The detailed recommendations provide you guidance on activating your soccer programs.

There is no liability coverage for any club prior to the reactivation of soccer activities in Phase 1 so you are reminded to avoid personal training as a club or registered SCYSA coach, no small group training or physical contact with any players.

Tryouts are tentatively set for June 15. No club is permitted to hold any type of evaluation prior to the Tryout date which is subject to change.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick

US Club releasing national hold on May 18th
May 14: LETTER FROM US CLUB SOCCER CEO KEVIN PAYNE REGARDING COVID-19

"We recognize that different parts of our country have been affected to a different degree by the impact of COVID-19. Therefore, we are lifting our national suspension of activities and delegating return-to-play decision making to our local members, effective May 18.

To be clear, this decision by no means is a blanket permission to return to the fields. Each member is expected to strictly follow state and local guidelines for the resumption of play. PLEASE NOTE: OUR INSURANCE IS ONLY IN EFFECT IF YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE CONSISTENT WITH LOCAL HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES.

Please also note that any organized activities by our member leagues, clubs or teams require that players and staff have current 2019-20 pass cards in order to qualify for insurance coverage."

Cainhoy Athletic as member of US Club and SCYS will be following the more conservative (and regionally aware) SCYS guidelines

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
Thanks for the updates. I would assume since almost every club still uses the SCYSA for certain things, they would all be bound by the June 15 tryout date?

I wonder what tryouts would look like if phase 1 restrictions are still in place.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Our tryouts will likely look very different.

The running assumption (guidance) is that phase 1 restrictions will be in place during evals, so this will mean solo activities, well spread out, and limited numbers at one time.

Gone are the days of 100-150 kids running around Trident Academy playing 3v3, 4v4, etc. I'd imagine most clubs right now are really pondering how to set these up to fit guidance AND be an effective way to evaluate and host interested parties where you might expect > 20 kids. I know we are scratching our heads.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
E
Throw In
Throw In
E
I've seen a few of the larger clubs (Charlotte Independence in particular) seem to be just having tryouts for new (to the club) players and they are offering current players team spots based on prior year observations, etc.

Would probably be a lot easier to run these restricted tryouts like that.

S
Brace
Brace
S
These restrictions will make for some very interesting evaluations. I know here at our club we’re sorting out a plan for any type of training & evaluations with all restrictions that may already be in place

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
T
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
T
SC United released their tryout dates and times. I would anticipate must other clubs to do the same in the coming days.

https://scunitedfc_travel.demosphere-secure.com/competitive/join-us-registration

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
Are any of the city or gov owned fields still closed? I would assume the restrictions put on fields would also be an issue to work around.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Most of the clubs in greater Charleston area are coordinating eval schedules and folks should expect to see these land very soon starting with older teams on June 13th.

I know MPRD has granted limited access to municipal fields in East Cooper, which should help those needing space for their evals. Beyond municipal availability even private field access is challenging due to required and recommended safety precautions, sanitizing stations, signs, etc.

Not to mention that we all need to repair our sites with seeding and rest while the grass growing (hot and wet) season hits in our region.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard