Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Kickoff
Kickoff
The bigger question for me is which clubs are going to refund their players for so much of a lost season and which ones will profit from this crisis? If I paid top dollar for a kid to play at an "elite" club and the season was cancelled (which it practically is), I would expect something back.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
The season is not cancelled yet, but can't imagine much can be salvaged. US Club announced yesterday that it would extend its 'suspension' until at least May 1, and additionally noted: "We believe until a return-to-play date is established, and leagues agree on what will happen with the spring season, discussion of refunds is premature."

I am not entirely sure it is premature, but accept that there still remains some uncertainty and possibility of spring +/summer play.
School Districts and by reference, SCYS has similarly extended suspension until at least May 1.

As for tournies, this is all I know
SCUFC issued partial refund (most refunded)
Coast FA issued future open credit (and swallowed upfront costs)
USA/MP announced postponement/reschedule (that I would tend to think will mean a future credit as not sure can get this event in during spring)
Haven't seen anything on JIYSC event yet.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
CBSC sent the following statement:

CBSC Families,

Firstly, we hope that you are all safe and well during this truly difficult time. While we cannot wait to get back on the fields, watching our kids running around with their friends in a healthy environment, your continued safety and health is our number one priority. We will continue to follow the guidance of our state and local leaders as well as the South Carolina Youth Soccer Association (SCYSA), with whom all our players are registered.

Yesterday SCYSA announced that all soccer activities would be suspended until at least May 1st. Therefore, our club will not resume (in-person) activities until at least that date. Of course this situation is changing daily and we will continue to keep you informed of any updates and changes.

As we continue down this unprecedented path, there a few things we want you to know:

We will not lay off or furlough any of our coaches and staff. Just like you, this virus is impacting many areas of their lives. We will continue to honor our financial commitments to our CBSC team, hopefully providing a small amount of stability for them and their families.
We are continuing to fully maintain our playing facilities during this period. Crews are being paid, grass is being mowed, field treatments and pest control are being applied. This will ensure that when the suspensions are lifted, we will be ready to go!

At the time our season was put on hold, CBSC had paid tournament fees for 35 team tournament events. The vast majority of youth soccer tournaments have “no refund” clauses. As of today we have received approximately 15% in refunds, and do not expect the remaining expenses to be refunded in whole or part. We are not expecting refunds from the state association (registrar, insurance, etc.) at this point either.
While we can’t coach in person, we are still committed to helping our players develop during this time. Our directors and coaches are working closely to develop a library of activities that our players can leverage, including individual home practice sessions, skill-specific videos, documentaries and games. Coaches will be establishing regular Zoom meetings with the teams to discuss all these remote development efforts.
We are still working the details, but soon will be providing all of our players with Soccer Mindset Academy (www.soccermindsetacademy.com/) accounts. We piloted this platform with some of our teams this year, and believe it will be a great tool to keep the momentum going on all our players’ individual development during this time.

CBSC is truly committed to the long term development and health of each individual in our club. We will strive to maintain the high standards we have set and ask our players to do the same.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us!

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
So I read the CBSC statement to say that no refund, credits etc... will be directed to families. Essentially, it is a loss that families will have to eat.

Wonder if they will require paid tryouts/evaluations for next season.

I
Bench
Bench
I
Glad to see a club doing the right thing. If clubs are furloughing or laying off coaches then explanations need to be given on where the money/fees have gone.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic
The season is not cancelled yet, but can't imagine much can be salvaged. US Club announced yesterday that it would extend its 'suspension' until at least May 1, and additionally noted: "We believe until a return-to-play date is established, and leagues agree on what will happen with the spring season, discussion of refunds is premature."

Giving credit for fall tournies instead of refunds is a reasonable minimum option.
I am not entirely sure it is premature, but accept that there still remains some uncertainty and possibility of spring +/summer play.
School Districts and by reference, SCYS has similarly extended suspension until at least May 1.

USA/MP announced postponement/reschedule (that I would tend to think will mean a future credit as not sure can get this event in during spring)

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Originally Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic

Whoops.

Giving credit for fall tournies instead of refunds is a reasonable minimum option.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
How many full time coaches does cbsc have?

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
First league cancelled. From US Youth Soccer late last night.

"For the past couple of weeks, the Piedmont Conference has evaluated, in collaboration with State Associations, the impact the coronavirus is having on our soccer communities. Following the release of new return-to-play guidelines by US Youth Soccer, the concerns surrounding inter-state travel, and recognizing the conflicts with State Cup programming within each State Association, the Piedmont Conference has made the difficult decision to not move forward with the remainder of the 2019-2020 seasonal year."

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
How many full time coaches does cbsc have?

On the club site, they list 34 coaches. Not sure how many are full time. Looks like they are hiring:

https://www.chsbatterysc.com/job-opportunities

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard