Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Bench
OP Offline
Bench
V
I keep to myself on most topics on this forum but I have to vent some frustration on what is being done about the USAMP Charleston Spring Shootout that was cancelled due to the virus.

"Unfortunately we are not able to reschedule our event this spring. USA/MP will be covering our upfront funds lost due to our inability to hold the event this spring and are offering all teams a 100% voucher to attend one South Carolina Surf tournament scheduled for Fall 2020 or Spring 2021."

This seems shady to me, guess this is one way to help a club get out of debt and make the books look better.

Sarcasm here, but what happens to that money if no tournaments can be played next Fall, or if even worse there is no club soccer? What happens to those clubs that fold due to this virus?

I believe I read that the SCUFC tournament the same weekend kept some but gave the rest back to the teams and JIYSC gave it all back.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Clearly no dog in this fight but to be fair, this is no different than Coast FA approach.

This actually will not help their books look better since this is not earned revenue yet and should be recorded as a liability until future time when they 'earn' that income. At best a deferred revenue item that must be managed as a liability on the balance sheet.

USA and Coast approach actually offers less to the club since these organizations swallowed current costs, plus will need to pay for future costs.
JIYSC and SCUFC by holding back admin/current costs and refunding rest actually are in better shape long term and parent value is less.

It does suck for the families that may not benefit from future voucher (for sure).
So I actually do prefer the partial refund as a parent (not looking at it as a club accountant or director)

Look on the bright side, can't imagine a future Surf event will cost less than USA/MP today so you may save a little more.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
E
Throw In
Throw In
E
My team had this happen with a Discoveries tournament that was cancelled because of a hurricane. They did not refund and just offered a credit.

My team parents were very angry for sure.

That being said, we did use the credit and did a tournament with them a season later and all was (mostly) forgiven. We won that one, so I'm sure that helped a little wink

T
Kickoff
Kickoff
T
It does suck but to be fair to USAMP the tournament was cancelled the day before it started. Totally out of their control.

S
Goal
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic
Clearly no dog in this fight but to be fair, this is no different than Coast FA approach.

This actually will not help their books look better since this is not earned revenue yet and should be recorded as a liability until future time when they 'earn' that income. At best a deferred revenue item that must be managed as a liability on the balance sheet.

USA and Coast approach actually offers less to the club since these organizations swallowed current costs, plus will need to pay for future costs.
JIYSC and SCUFC by holding back admin/current costs and refunding rest actually are in better shape long term and parent value is less.

It does suck for the families that may not benefit from future voucher (for sure).
So I actually do prefer the partial refund as a parent (not looking at it as a club accountant or director)

Look on the bright side, can't imagine a future Surf event will cost less than USA/MP today so you may save a little more.

Coach David do you know if the statement of financial position of Surf and USAMP the same?

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
no idea I'm afraid. I'm not sure how Surf is chartered or established or whether it will be DBA using existing 501c3 booster club underpinning of USA/MP.

should ask someone at that club.

my commentary was meant more generically from an accounting standpoint on how to book vouchers or credits

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Goal
Goal
S
Ok thanks.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Originally Posted By: vtsoccer
I keep to myself on most topics on this forum but I have to vent some frustration on what is being done about the USAMP Charleston Spring Shootout that was cancelled due to the virus.

"Unfortunately we are not able to reschedule our event this spring. USA/MP will be covering our upfront funds lost due to our inability to hold the event this spring and are offering all teams a 100% voucher to attend one South Carolina Surf tournament scheduled for Fall 2020 or Spring 2021."

This seems shady to me, guess this is one way to help a club get out of debt and make the books look better.

Sarcasm here, but what happens to that money if no tournaments can be played next Fall, or if even worse there is no club soccer? What happens to those clubs that fold due to this virus?

I believe I read that the SCUFC tournament the same weekend kept some but gave the rest back to the teams and JIYSC gave it all back.

USA/MP is clearly in financial troubles, they stopped paying all their staff despite having already collected all the player fees, yet no refunds to any players.

They also cancelled their spring break camp and no refunds.

We have emailed the leadership and no response.

Oh hold on that is actually GPS that did all that above.

USA/MP is still paying their coaching staff according to what I’ve heard.

Clearly as a first post VT or should we just say SCSoccer2.0 you’ve drank from the same ole “ USA/MP is broke koolaide”.

I suppose based on your assumption on the tournament decision Coast & DSC must also be broke. Sad times...

S
Goal
Goal
S
The town bully strikes again!

Different day, same flavor kool-aid.

#SurfNoTurf

#DecencyNotLegacy

S
Goal
Goal
S
Tick tock, bullies. Tick. Tock.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Town bully? Is that a mirror your looking into there. Here’s to hoping this thread doesn’t get nuked due to your antics!

S
Goal
Goal
S
Lol. Neither Coach David nor vtsoccer are scsoccer123D, You sound unhinged.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Let’s keep it civil please, afterall 0 threads have been nuked as a result of my post, you can’t say the same.

Not sure the turn unhinges applies to anyone besides the one who has had several post nuked attacking people and a club their child doesn’t even play for. If that’s decency you can have it!

S
Goal
Goal
S
Funny that you should know who was to blame that a post was nuked? I don't bully kids. Nor make indecent comments

If I was to blame, it likely had more to do with public USAMP financials being posted. I'll post more when they are available , but I'll post it for all the non profits to be more fair, I guess. Wonder what those will look like.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
I sign up my child for a experience/ service, if we receive that experience/ service, that’s where it ends for me.

Having no dog in the fight as to how any club including my child’s ( beyond their ability to provide the experience/ service ) operate I could care less what you post.

Unless you are suggesting fraud has occurred, which to date you’ve provided no evidence.

S
Goal
Goal
S
Sounds good. Best of luck to your child and children throughout the state.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard