Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#177832 05/01/20 11:53 AM
M
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
M
GPS Charleston has posted their tryout information. Tryouts will be free. They retained their NPL spot for the u-13 to u-19.

https://www.gotsport.com/asp/application/reg/?ProgramID=88967

S
Goal
Goal
S
<thumbs up emoji>

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Getting more confused, so who is this org? Where are they training/playing home games ?

Is this GPS NASA or JI ? Or a new org?

Are they sanctioned with SCYS, US Club or both? I suspect US Club for NPL. Does that mean they will play CPL for Junior Academy?

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Goal
Goal
S
All in due time, I suppose.

M
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
M
David,, I think their NPL teams have always been registered as GPS charleston. This isnt a new club.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I figured that, I recall the announcement. They pooled from feeder GPS clubs and even approached us at the time. But behind that were individual clubs and this was more an elite platform for their area best players, or at least that was my understanding (could have been wrong though). It really wasn't a problem for GPS as they tended to register all their players under a single entity in South Carolina so could share/pool across clubs, etc. much easier than typically seen with SCYS or more traditional club structure and boundaries.

Same way our players could play in the summer programs since no overlap with US Club sanctioning until we entered CPL, and then had to deal with guest player forms, etc.

I think 123D is right in that we will see what comes, as a club is much more than a registration engine or even a brand. To create or operate a club there might be other requirements based on sanctioning bodies (including recreation program) and certainly a location and fields are required for NPL or any league.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick

S
Goal
Goal
S
From GPS email to GPS families:
[intro excluded]
"...As you are all likely aware, our partner club in North Charleston, NASA, have moved away from GPS and we wish them the best moving forward. However, please be aware that we will now operate under the name of GPS Charleston, the name of our current NPL & Elite teams, and we will continue to offer programming and teams for all levels, both boys and girls, u8-u19, in the North Charleston area and beyond.

We are also able to confirm that GPS will continue to place teams within the South Atlantic NPL for u13-u19 Boys for the 20-21 season. We are currently in discussion with both current and future partner clubs in regards to working together, not only on the boys NPL sides, but also providing a higher level of play for our girls too! We are also discussing how best to connect all players within each club/region. More information on this will follow shortly...."
[End excluded]

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Wouldn’t Surf just use USA MtP’s NPL and DPL slots? Also NASA has the relationship with Cathedral no? Wouldn’t this result in gps Charleston with no fields?

T
Kickoff
Kickoff
T
Surf will definitely be using USAMP’s NPL & DPL slots. Both leagues websites have the South Carolina surf logo. Definitely a good question about the fields GPS Charleston plans on using. Not sure how long surf nasa will be using cathedral as the property is up for sale.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard