Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
The better question may be WHO negotiated the field lease with Cathedral for the upcoming year, and whose interest did they represent?

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
Originally Posted By: Shamrock Rovers
The better question may be WHO negotiated the field lease with Cathedral for the upcoming year, and whose interest did they represent?

I think I hear what you're saying but, (and I hate to start dropping cliches), it is what it is. There aren't any (real world) remedies that I am aware of for the situation.

A good takeaway I can think of is to make sure the club you are involved with has an active, accessible, involved and informed board (or leadership).

S
Goal
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: EastOak961
Originally Posted By: Shamrock Rovers

I think I hear what you're saying but, (and I hate to start dropping cliches), it is what it is. There aren't any (real world) remedies that I am aware of for the situation.

A good takeaway I can think of is to make sure the club you are involved with has an active, accessible, involved and informed board (or leadership).

I this case, who was on the board/leadership of GPS NASA?

M
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
M
I would be rather shocked if the president of NASA was in control of any lease. I had a child a nasa for the past 4 years,,, and the ONLY correspondence/email/conversation from the president EVER was the email a few weeks ago stating that NASA was now
part of Surf Soccer. Ironically,,, this was sent when they were still part of GPS Charleston or at least many weeks before the May 1st date!!!!! So who knows what is going on.

S
Goal
Goal
S
It does seem kind of weird. Maybe the president of NASA can proactively reach out to parents and alleviate their concerns by telling them what is going on.

No better time than the present, I'd say.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
It does seem kind of weird. Maybe the president of NASA can proactively reach out to parents and alleviate their concerns by telling them what is going on.

I think that could be said about every single club here with the exception of Cainhoy.

S
Goal
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Chuck607

I think that could be said about every single club here with the exception of Cainhoy.

If "here" means Charleston, then yes. SCUFC has done a good job with public facing communications as well, as mentioned in a prior post. I'm assuming most clubs send out emails just to their members, as we saw here with GPS. I think the former GPS NASA members, like mysonsdad, just want to hear from their former president what the deal is with Surf having the fields now. That might help get him back in good standing with his customers.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though and ask all clubs in the Charleston area to provide some updates today.

E
Throw In
Throw In
E
Originally Posted By: mysonsdad
I would be rather shocked if the president of NASA was in control of any lease. I had a child a nasa for the past 4 years,,, and the ONLY correspondence/email/conversation from the president EVER was the email a few weeks ago stating that NASA was now
part of Surf Soccer. Ironically,,, this was sent when they were still part of GPS Charleston or at least many weeks before the May 1st date!!!!! So who knows what is going on.

This is pretty similar to what I have heard from other GPS Nasa parents. Most were not aware there even was a president. He doesn't seem like he had been involved for a number of years.

But, I have to assume there was a practical/legal reason for keeping the leases with a local rather than GPS itself, or else the fields would be with GPS Charleston...

E
Throw In
Throw In
E

Many clubs put this type of info out directly to members rather than publicly. I saw JI's communications (from their president) last week. I believe they have sent a number of them.

I would also think that it is difficult to know what to say as things keep changing. So it may make some sense to sit back and wait to see what others are doing. Finally, some groups may no longer have a lot of staff to in place to come up with a plan and communication strategy.

S
Goal
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: EastOak961

Many clubs put this type of info out directly to members rather than publicly. I saw JI's communications (from their president) last week. I believe they have sent a number of them.

I would also think that it is difficult to know what to say as things keep changing. So it may make some sense to sit back and wait to see what others are doing. Finally, some groups may no longer have a lot of staff to in place to come up with a plan and communication strategy.

It appears we are on the same page.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard