Goal
S
Well said David

S
Brace
Brace
S
Originally Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic
We are all certainly bound, or should be, by governing guidelines and return to play protocols.

SCYS are (and to their immense credit have been) very clear on what is, and isn't acceptable, and under phase I status: activities are very restricted. US Club (for players under this alternate sanctioning body) offered a very direct communication this week about prudence and caution in return to play activities and we wholeheartedly agree.

I'd hope all organizations realize what is safe and covered under insurance and not advance activities beyond expert guidance or common sense. These are challenging times for sure, and our evals will surely look very different (we are trying to minimize attendance but still provide an opportunity to join our club) but at the end of the day, I'd just appeal that everyone put the health and safety of our families first.

With our club being a part of both SCYSA & US Club, we decided to go with the SCYSA guidelines for all our activities that we have going on this month. It's been crazy and hectic trying to sort, but we've committed to it. As you said, tryouts will be very different & I hope all clubs are following the parameters set by SCYSA.

I know for us, we are having to do blocks so that every player can be evaluated fairly under the circumstances and restrictions in place. As you said coach, safety and well-being should be every club's priority during this time!

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
We are also following the more conservative and regionally aware SCYS protocols. One of the harder parts to manage for any club are facility constraints and demands that are imposed at the Governor/State level (regardless of sanctioning body and apply).

For example operating a Park right now requires social distancing signs in visible places, line spacing markers at restrooms, queuing areas, and concessions (these need to follow restaurant guidelines).

Sanitation is a huge hurdle with regular cleaning required and hand sanitizer stations (try buying hand sanitizer or commercial dispensers right now)

If your child is training on a field without these things, I'd ask a question or two.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
T
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
T
US soccer has come out with their phase 2 rtp recommendations.

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/u-s-soccer-releases-phase-2-return-to-play-recommendations/

T
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
T

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard