Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S

T
Kickoff
Kickoff
T
That's great news for the girls program. I would think that they applied for the boys as well and are just waiting for an acceptance.

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: TwinsDad09
That's great news for the girls program. I would think that they applied for the boys as well and are just waiting for an acceptance.

I'm not sure that is the case, but it does make an interesting case for a stronger affiliation between JIYSC, GPS and CSC. This would allow for all boys and girls under that umbrella to have an NPL option.

That would also make available to the group the only large, long-term field availability in the Charleston area (with possible exception of the 2/3 Trident fields that Cainhoy has access to-not sure how long that lease is? David?)

As field resources are a key to any ECNL bid for the Charleston area, this affiliation would be a necessary part of any talks with ECNL. It wouldn't happen without them.

T
Kickoff
Kickoff
T
That would make sense. Maybe ecnl is the long term goal of the 3 club affifliation.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Trident only has room for one 11v11 field and not lit so not much help for ECNL bid, but can fit small sided fields well for our Academy and Micro programming. Its a 5 yr renewable lease.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
Originally Posted By: TwinsDad09

I'm not sure that is the case, but it does make an interesting case for a stronger affiliation between JIYSC, GPS and CSC. This would allow for all boys and girls under that umbrella to have an NPL option.

That would also make available to the group the only large, long-term field availability in the Charleston area (with possible exception of the 2/3 Trident fields that Cainhoy has access to-not sure how long that lease is? David?)

As field resources are a key to any ECNL bid for the Charleston area, this affiliation would be a necessary part of any talks with ECNL. It wouldn't happen without them.

Count GPS out of that equation. Stunning news but anyone who is surprised has had their head in the sand!

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Was it the sand out where Surf will be practicing?

#SurfNoTurf
#DecencyNotLegacy

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Odd response there. GPS are no more, nothing to do with the LC. Not sure why you’d respond with that but hey good luck.

T
Kickoff
Kickoff
T
How do you figure it doesn’t effect the LC. GPS Carolina is no more. They cancelled their tryouts for tomorrow already

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
Alot of families are crushed by the news and are now scrambling to figure out what to do with their kids and you come out with a smug comment that they must have had their head in the sand.

Garbage comment. But I guess that's why we have the hashtag:

#DecencyNotLegacy

And also:
#StillNoTurf

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
My comment was that their going out of business had nothing to do with the LC or the people running the clubs here or any where in SC for that matter!

It’s a national brand that closed up shop.

Of course it impacts many families and professionals in the soccer community and is very unfortunate.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Dude, lay off, it’s a little too heavy. My comment about having ones head in the sand is that their parent company were forced into bankruptcy over two weeks ago.

Shame they aren’t a non profit as I know you love nothing more than calling out volunteer board members and sharing non profit finances.

But hey, your the decent one! Ha

T
Kickoff
Kickoff
T
Looks like Charleston Soccer club will be taking over GPS Charleston’s Boys NPL spot with JIYSC.

https://www.facebook.com/295337681251683/posts/728627954589318/?d=n

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Flashback - See first post. Calling out FOMO on what is simply better league opportunity is rich when previously promoting an opportunity for your club. Bitter much?

S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
I see no issues besides a keyboard warrior who consistently shares their obsession with this forum. The adults here are smart enough to understand what is going on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard