Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Cainhoy Athletic

As for tournies, this is all I know
SCUFC issued partial refund (most refunded)
Coast FA issued future open credit (and swallowed upfront costs)
USA/MP announced postponement/reschedule (that I would tend to think will mean a future credit as not sure can get this event in during spring)
Haven't seen anything on JIYSC event yet.

Looks like JIYSC just sent out refund email (minus some admin costs). Great to see.

T
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
T
Are you talking about Tournament refund?? So far no refunds have been given for club fees.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Tournament. That's why I quoted coach Dave's tournament comments.

S
Bench
Bench
S
I would be very surprised to hear about any cash refunds for club fees. There seems to be several different approaches from clubs on this. My personal hope is for some type of programming to replace the 6 weeks of training that was lost or a part of that (sessions do get rained out.) I would like to think that all clubs are contemplating their way to provide a relative value even if they have not tried to publicize anything.

However, keeping all the tournament fees and issuing a credit for a future tournament/event strikes me as tricky. I am pretty sure most parents will get over any aggravation as soon as they to play in a credited event. However, the thought of entry fee money getting spent now, but you still have to put on an event in the future seems worrisome. Luckily, it is not a situation I have to deal with.

J
Bench
Bench
J
I am good not being refunded club fees. I like the Club we are at now and want my daughter's coach paid. All travel, tournament, ref fees etc. should be coming back to us.

T
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
T
SCUFC released their weekly statement this evening and it looks like they have made the decision to cancel the spring season for their club. . I would expect most other clubs to follow suit in the coming days.

https://twitter.com/scunited_fc/status/1251991104272183299?s=21

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
South Carolina governor, superintendent close K-12 schools for rest of school year.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
T
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
T
So do you think the clubs will base their decisions based on that? or use the phasing guidlines put out last week?

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
We are awaiting final confirmation from all the leagues that we play in, and have an obligation to.

For those leagues that have cancelled already, we have informed teams of end of play. As soon as we get word from remaining competition, we will end play for both league and season ending events. Bottom line, I suspect most clubs will want to honor the commitment they made to the leagues entered (and other associated clubs).

Seems premature to end operations before league competition has cancelled. True, like most, I really think (and have for a while) there is very little chance of playing again this spring, but out of prudence and respect for our participation in various leagues, will defer to the leagues/sanctioning bodies/decision makers before making those decisions official and final.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
US Club Soccer announced yesterday that it was holding decision on its regional competition until May 6th.
This doesn't really have bearing on us (at CASC) but probably does at several other clubs in our State

"Our guiding principle remains the health and safety of everyone involved – players, parents, coaches, referees and staff. With that in mind, and given our members' likely desire to favor local and regional competitions – with reduced travel and financial impact compared with national events – we intend to make decisions regarding our National Cup XIX Regionals on a per-event basis by May 6."

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard