Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Bench
OP Offline
Bench
M
In the late 1980's through the early 1990's there was a televised event in the Charleston area called the Rotary soccer classic. This is when all of the high school soccer teams around the area came together at Wando high school for 30 minute scrimmages. I played in the late 1980's, and played with and agianst alot of these players for many years on the select youth level. For old times sake I would like to see these tapes, if they exist anymore. I contacted the news network, but they could not help me. So any information I can use to awuire these tapes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A
Goal
Goal
A
I used to coach at Summerville HS and have seen several of the VHS tapes you speak of, but they would only have included our team and our opponent.Former C of C coach Roby Stahl did the color commentary for several years.I think he moved back to Cincy,I think Channel 4 was involved but not positive. Coach Tom Reilly was the coach at Wando at that time. Excellent coach and incredibly organised. The station may have provided him with a master. I think he is an Associate Prof at The Citadel and lives in Mt. Pleasant I believe. Hope this helps.

M
Bench
OP Offline
Bench
M
Very interesting! Because Bishop England (My school) played Summerville at the classic in 1988. That was when Robbie Stahl said, "There is alot of green on the feild" Do you remember that? How I remember this? I have no idea!!! Those were pretty cool uniforms Summerville had that year. Like what horse jockeys wear. Those diamond patterns. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Link Copied to Clipboard