Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Goal
OP Online Content
Goal
S
I heard a club cancelled their tournament after Saturdays games this weekend but are playing NPL games on some of the same tournament fields today. Cant believe it is true. Can anybody confirm?

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
yes the tournament was cancelled and yes there were 5-6 npl games that occurred at 1 complex on sunday. It sucks the tournament was cancelled but I dont blame them for playing the npl games. When you have teams from Alabama and Atlanta, it makes complete sense to play the games if at all possible. Unfortunately CSC said their field was unplayable. I am interested to see how this game will be made up. I would imagine those teams would be reluctant to travel to summerville again for a single game.

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
I wonder if the two clubs had the decency to talk to each other about the NPL cancellations/playing on. Seems like the logical and decent thing to do. If not, shame on them for not setting aside ego's and screwing over families traveling from so far.

As an aside, CSC needs to do something about their fields. The TIF improvements continue to be delayed and are far from guaranteed. New faces on County Council may have different ideas. And Surf needs to be forthright about what parents can expect after Jan 1. at Cathedral.

Grown men that don't have any problem cashing your check, but Lord forbid they be transparent and straightforward with answers. SMDH

S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
I wonder if the two clubs had the decency to talk to each other about the NPL cancellations/playing on. Seems like the logical and decent thing to do. If not, shame on them for not setting aside ego's and screwing over families traveling from so far.

As an aside, CSC needs to do something about their fields. A slight mist is enough to close them down. The TIF improvements continue to be delayed and are far from guaranteed. New faces on County Council may have different ideas. And Surf needs to be forthright about what parents can expect after Jan 1. at Cathedral.

Grown men that don't have any problem cashing your check, but Lord forbid they be transparent and straightforward with answers. SMDH

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I agree, csc certainly needs to do something with their fields,,, I’ve always heard/seen posted on here that their advantage would be they have access to fields. Now unfortunately they have to cancel practice/games on a routine basis because if we get more than 1/8 an inch of rain, those fields are a swamp. They Also need to fully explain what that tif grant is going to entail.

I also agree that surf should definitely be more transparent if they are indeed losing cathedral. Parents may have picked a club based on location. When spring gets here, there will be some pissed off parents if they now have to drive to mt. p

One thing I have learned is that in the youth soccer world, no one is innocent. You truly have to pick the lesser of 2 evils,,,,, and that may change yearly. Lol

Link Copied to Clipboard