Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#178163 10/26/20 12:46 PM
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Due to the uncertainty of the COVID-19 effect on spring sports in South Carolina, we were not able to secure a hotel to host the 2021 SCHSSCA Winter Clinic. We have bantered around the idea of having a kickoff luncheon on Saturday, January 30 at a Midlands high school/facility if there is enough interest to warrant such a venture.

Some proposals that have been submitted include a coaches round-table to include discussions on issues unique to high school or youth soccer.

If you have any other ideas or thoughts about a potential Winter Clinic format or topic of discussion, please post in this thread.

Goal
Goal
This is one of my favorite events. A kickoff to the season.

I don't think any other sports are doing all star games, but I would like to see a Pre-season North/South and Clash list. I think some coaches would be hesitant because they don't want to give away their secrets but I think it would help coaches that are the committee start to scout players so the right players are selected.

For the coaches in the Lowcountry, I have talked with Marc Lloyd about them hosting an event on Friday, January 29th. Some sort of drop in at a local brewery where we can have a beer, catch up and social distance. He is going to get back to me if he is able to do anything but if he isn't, I would still like to try to organize something.

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard