Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
who do yall think will be the powerhouse schools for the years to come?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Ashley

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northwestern

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
irmo

J
goal kick
goal kick
J
Mauldin. The amount of talent that is coming up into that program next year is outstanding. They have 14 or 15 club players from St. Giles and GFC ( combined into CESA)that will be Freshmen next year. Add this to their strong Sophmore and Freshman class and you will see a very strong program over the next few years. Let me also add that Mauldin lies almost directly in the heart of CESA; halfway between the Wenwood fields (GFC)and the Mesa fields (St. Giles).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackville-Hilda. The reason I think this is because we are only losing two players this year. Next year we will be as good, or not even better than this year. GO HAWKS!!!! [Big Grin]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
definately I would say Dreher or BC... I think these lowerstate teams could pull off a shocker against upstate in a year or two... I guess we can only wait and see...

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
I would say that BC and Dreher will do will in the years to come but next both teams will have to play 6 tough region games with the addition of Chapin and airport. I know airport is not that great but I think that they will be more of a challenge than Strom.

Everyone talks about BC big Sophmore class, doesn't Dreher have a big Junior class?
I have not seen the roster for Dreher anyone got it.

Another issue about the lowerstate in 3A is that Socastee will be moving to 3A lowerstate. I think that the addition of these teams will help the lowerstate compete on a year to year basis, but who knows what will happen in 2 or 3 years when realignment happens again.

I hope that the lowerstate wins, because to my know the last team to win from the lowerstate was Middleton in 1988, that crazy all those sophmore on BC were born around that time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northwestern should be strong because they lost a lot of the state runner-up team from last year, but they are still a top ten team. They have some young, talented guys...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo for the next couple of years. They have 13 Juniors on this year's team and are one of the top teams in the state. Next season, they should be amazing with such a large, talented senior class...you also can't leave out Zach Prince, Christian Monroe, and Alex Acree of the 2006 Class. So, Irmo should still be atop the state for the next two years. Afterwards I feel that their cross-town rival, Dutch Fork, will be a major state power.

J
Brace
Brace
J
I agree with playa, Irmo should be pretty tough the next couple of years. I think it is all going to boil down to when Phil is going to retire from coaching. His youngest is going to be graduating from Irmo next year, and he may not have too many more seasons after that. Maybe he will go on to coach some college soccer. That would be a great use of his coaching talents!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Dutch Fork is goin to become the new powerhouse...After next year from 06'-on Dutch Fork is goin to be unstoppable...well we could win state now if we had a better coach...Because if we had a coach like a Phil Savitz or a Dick Hiller we would win state every year...So until Quinlan leaves We are never gonna win state...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would say irmo...but also chapin has 7 seniors and 9 juniors next year...they are good this year with only 3 seniors...but with BC and dreher in their region next year it will be ineteresting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo is going to be very strong next year with all of their juniors and their talented sophmore class, but there isn't alot of talent or depth behind the sophmores. Dutch Fork also has a very talented group of underclassmen. They have a HUGE freshman class with about 14 or 15 kids. They also have a very strong sophmore class. Next year they will be very young with probably only one senior, but will have loads of talent. I see Irmo being a power house next year and maybe the next year, but after that it will switch over to Dutch Fork.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
I agree with Zero on his picks for Dreher and BC. I believe that's gonna be the region championship match for the next 2 years to come. Looks good for 3A coming up!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
im picking chapin over Dreher and BC next year. They haev their whole starting line up except for 2 players returning next year.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Well i can't speak for Dreher abt their line-up but BC has all of their starting line-up back except one senior and some key bench players too. Only losing 3 players one of who didnt get a chance to play this season b/c of injuries,the senior starter, and one foreign exchange student.

J
goal kick
goal kick
J
Don't forget that the majority of players on Eastsides team are Juniors and Sophmores. They should be good for at least another couple years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
umm...no its definitely Myrtle Beach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sticking with the trend...it's definitely going to be Irmo stepping up big the next few years. I played with the sophmores and freshmen on their team for a while and the talent is next to none. In a year or two they should be dominant. Not to sure about DF, haven't heard anything about them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both Irmo and Dutch Fork will be powerhouses in the near future. Irmo has a huge crop of talented juniors this year while Dutch Forks freshman class is probably the best the school has ever seen. Dutch Fork will be a real contender in years to come but no matter what the level of talent is for Irmo you can expect a very strong team for every year that coach Savitz is at the helm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo will be a very strong team, even without Coach Savitz at the helm. When he finally decides to step down, I am very confident he will leave the program in fine hands. "The Tradition of Excellence" will continue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To CHSdefender17:
I dont know if you have forgotten, but when we (BC) played against your "starting lineup", our starting lineup (composed of 8 sophmores 1 freshman, a junior and a senior) seemed to put up a good fight. Just an option for you to ponder upon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
im not sure that you rem., our goalie was out, and so was one of our forwards..we had to put one of our starting defenders in the goal.

R
throw in
throw in
R
West Ashley is going to be a much stronger team next season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bishop England...being composed a young squad this past season, they competed with top notch teams both in-state as well as out of state. With the next few seasons, their fresh and soph classes will step up and continue the BE tradition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea i agree BE will still be on top of their game for many years to come and as for the next couple years the james island boys r gonnna suprise some people they have a bunch of young kids a real talented group of rising juniors i think they will be near the top of 4a

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Socastee drops to AAA

F
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
F
How many seniors did yall have chillin this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
futbo09...Chillin doesn't play for BE anymore...his sr. year was last year as was mine. But this year's team had i think 4 or 5 seniors who started..the rest was composed of a very talented group of younger boys. There gonna be something to watch for in the future. Be prepared.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just curious...how many seniors did SV, NW, Irmo, and DF have?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greenville will have a decent team next year but i plan to see that team in two or three years winning atleast 2 state titles their sophmore and freshman class i believe can beat anyone once they get some size and strength i think the eastside v greenville rivalry will be great to see in oncoming years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northwestern had nine seniors, seven of which are starters, I believe. I'm not sure how many DF has, but I can think of at least six starters. Irmo is losing five seniors and one foreign exchange student, four of which start. I have no idea about Spring Valley.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
South Aiken should be a solid club for next season. With Aiken losing a great class of seniors, the t-breds may be favored to win region 4. They own wins against two of the final four teams in the state but they were a bit inconsistent. With the feeder teams in Aiken, both city high schools have a solid foundation for continued sucess in high school soccer for years to come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May be favored? If South Aiken doesn't finish the season with an undefeated region slate, then someone got very lucky. Lexington will be Lexington, NA will be NA, Aiken will pretty much suck ass, and hopefully WK and OW will still field soccer teams.

Actually, I'd be surprised if South Aiken didn't win STATE next year, let alone region.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well then you'll more than likely be surprised, I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well since Irmo's gonna win the next 25 state titles, you're probably right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They've got a chance Headstrong. But we ussually have one unneccesary loss each year in region (note: North Augusta) and I'm not about to shortchange Aiken even with all they have to replace. Our chances at State are going to be improved and very real but there are simply too many good teams for ANY team to think they have the title in the bag before any games are played. The t-breds have all the peices to be a very solid contender and COULD win it all. But you have to have some special things come together for a championship and nothing should be taken for granted. Their chances are as good next year though as they have ever been and they are a squad that has proven they can beat quality clubs. They just have to win when it counts which somebody like Irmo seems to have a knack for. I'd give Irmo the favorite status and I'm thinking South Aiken is one of those teams that are right there and should eb included in every conversation about 2005 contenders in Class AAAA boys.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
What about 3AAA??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dutch Fork is gonna be nasty...just give the team some time bc they are really young right now...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3A...Dreher, BC, and Chapin. all three are returning the cores of the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
scs for 1A, because we are only losing one senior

M
kick off
kick off
M
Greenville will win state 2 of the next three years for 3A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i not so scrunner.....I think Eastside has the best chance in 3a....they seem to have a very young team and already proved they can beat the 3aa state champs this year. and i would say that greenville was probly better this year than they will be in the next 3 years

M
kick off
kick off
M
No way. Greenville has 7 players from the U-15 GFC team and they were the state champions last year. They should be really good.

J
goal kick
goal kick
J
Eastside returns most, if not all of their starters. To my knowledge Greenville loses some good Seniors. Yes, Greenville has some good younger players, but the smart money says Eastside is the favorite for 3A state. Remember they did beat Greenville twice this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Four pages and 45+ posts on this topic and one team is not mentioned. But it doesn't matter...come playoff time, they will be in the AAAA hunt. You can ignore us, but we're always a factor year in and year out.
Don't fear us, accept us.
Thanks
MC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Blaze 7. Those 7 gfc players that play on the U-15 team just got back from regionals. THey made it to the regional final. I think Ghs will have a good chance in years to come.

R
throw in
throw in
R
quick note for WandoFan'84: the only people who care a single bit about Wando are the people who attend it. thats why no one has mentioned it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love SCsFinest

brace
brace
I thought that everyone loved Wando!!!

R
throw in
throw in
R
well thats what you get for thinking, CornerFlag

brace
brace
Silly me

R
throw in
throw in
R
yes how could you do something like that, what was going through your head when you pulled that stunt

Brace
Brace
Wando will be very tough next year behind a solid group of upperclassmen and of course, Cody Natale.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard