Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
I hope that this message finds everyone safe and well.

I would like to thank everyone who attended our Annual General Meeting on March 7th in Columbia. I also want to thank everyone for electing me to serve as the President of the Board of Directors for the South Carolina Youth Soccer Association. I look forward to serving our member clubs and always working to give our clubs the best soccer program that we can provide.

When I addressed the AGM, I said that the SCYSA was already starting to make contingency plans for a possible disruption of our soccer season due to the COVID 19 virus, and I warned the clubs to also have plans in place. Little did I anticipate that within days, our country would be thrown into a crippling contraction of activity. The Board of Directors are continuing to monitor all the developments, news conferences, and direction from USYS and USSF. This is a time when the Board of Directors need to show strong leadership and guidance as we all navigate these unchartered waters.

At the AGM, I also made a promise that the SCYSA was your association (our member clubs). We are here to provide and administer the soccer program and leagues that you want to have. In order to do this, I said that I would have a series of town-hall meetings with clubs around the state in order for you to have a voice in the way that we run things for you. The COVID 19 virus has forced me to change my plans of town-hall meetings. During this lull of soccer activity, I will now be reaching out to clubs to search your suggestions and comments into improving our program. I am here to listen to your needs and not to dictate how we will be running things. I am always open to your phone calls and emails.

Thank you for the letting me serve you,

Michael F. Copeland
President
South Carolina Youth Soccer Association
mfcopeland@scysa.org
803-767-6061

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Just curious - how long is the Presidents term?

Link Copied to Clipboard