Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
M
I don’t think it’s a whole bunch of nonsense,,, I guess we will see how it shakes out.... not a reason to be a dick,,,, but ok.

M
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
M
And to be fair,,, I’m just glad your back commenting again. I am sure it was a long Fall season.

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
It still is tbf

M
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
M
Best of luck tomorrow!

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
You too!

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
Bottom line is those fields are leased to CSC for decades, no matter how anyone feels about it. Period. Starting goofy rumors only leads parents of non-CSC clubs getting their hopes up and being let down.

M
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
M
I don’t think anything I have said is a goofy rumor. The bottom line is I live and work in that area. Which is more than I can say for most that will post on this topic. The Charleston soccer club is no longer SSC. I think many people in the town and county are now realizing this. I do know that several people in the area have brought up the fact of using public money to solely benefit an organization that is not based in the town/county/school district and will exclude so many kids is not right ... which part of that is a rumor? They are building basketball courts, ya’ll going to lock those kids out too? I do know the county is developing this area to bring money into the area,,,, not to just benefit a select organization. That was the goal the entire time. I do know that many many actual 501c teams would love to access to this public land. Which part of that is a rumor?

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
I understand what you want and that you live there. None of that matters.

CSC has a lease for that property, which is only part of the redev. The county explicitly mention that in the redev plan.

It will be up to CSC. If CSC wants to rent it or donate it or barter for used shoes, they will. If not, they won't. Period.

The 501c comment made me chuckle though. Half a million to a director over 5 years is charitable I guess.

M
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
M
With my 501 c comment, I was thinking more about all the sertoma football teams in the area that have fight for practice space all over Summerville. is csc going to charge these teams rent for fields that they get for a dollar a year in the first place??? No way..... that’s a PR nightmare. Is CSC going to charge the kids to play basketball?

S
Goal
Online Content
Goal
S
We'll find out I suppose.

Sounds like a councilman wants to delay/cancel the upgrades to the fields as well:

https://abcnews4.com/amp/news/local/plan...g-to-councilman

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard