World Cup
SCISA Soccer Mercy Rule:
If a team has a 10 goal lead at the end of the first half or
at any point in the second half a team reaches a 10-goal advantage,
the match will be terminated.

Soccer Mercy Rule
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 04/05/21 08:50 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Last edited by Kevin Heise; 04/05/21 08:51 AM.
F
Bench
Bench
F
MERCY RULE (maybe even at seven [7] !!! ) ----> BUT Remaining game time should be played using primarily substitutes to allow for match related experience. NO ADDITIONAL SCORE SHOULD BE COUNTED AT THAT TIME.

We have so few opportunities to offer players in the high school setting. In addition, especially in long travel situations it would be counter productive to spend the amount of time on the bus without actually playing the minimum game time.

Bench
Bench
Originally Posted By: Futbol#11
MERCY RULE (maybe even at seven [7] !!! ) ----> BUT Remaining game time should be played using primarily substitutes to allow for match related experience. NO ADDITIONAL SCORE SHOULD BE COUNTED AT THAT TIME.

We have so few opportunities to offer players in the high school setting. In addition, especially in long travel situations it would be counter productive to spend the amount of time on the bus without actually playing the minimum game time.

I agree with this. I've been on both sides of those blowouts. As bad as it feels to get beaten that badly, sometimes those games are the only opportunity for some backups to play at all. I don't think it's fair to deny those kids the chance to play.

On the other hand, I've seen some absurd scores this year. You'd like to think that coaches would pull their starters (especially goal-scorers) as soon as it becomes obvious that the game won't be competitive, but that doesn't always seem to be happening. Would it be crazy to suggest pulling players off the field and going 10v11 or even 9v11, that way players could still have the opportunity to play hard?

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard