Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Announcement today to help shore up and improve the competitive position for all Junior Academy teams in the Coastal District. This will offer broader depth in all divisions, and I am particularly pleased with what this means to help the lower bracket teams face equal competition in the fall. Kudos to SCYS and league leadership (TJ and Dan) for getting this done:

"We are delighted to be able to inform you all that following consultation between the CPL Board Members and South Carolina Youth Soccer Association, the CPL will be returning to be under the governance of SCYSA/USYS. This move away from US Club Soccer was approved with a vote of 5-0 by the CPL Member Clubs, ahead of the Fall 2021 season. What this move means is that all u8-u12 players in the Charleston area will be under one league platform, which is beneficial for player movement, team development and supports the development of the youth referees..."

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
S
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
S
Interesting.

Does this mean things go back to basically being the old SCYSA Coastal League?

What was the reason for forming the CPL in the first place?

How is this different than the old SCYSA u8-u12 league?

I assume those issues that caused the founding members to form an exclusive, breakaway league have been resolved.

Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
Changes that we see and appreciate (different than Coastal league).

The League remains under the governance of member clubs
The League retains the right to appoint independent Administrator/Director
The League and its member clubs enjoy majority view on policies and rules (including roster/pooling)
The League retains its bylaws including rotating senior leadership between member clubs (annual for Chairman, 2 year stint for Treasurer)

The reason for forming CPL I can not talk to. I can say the reason we (CASC) joined were the bullets above which basically all boil down to shared ownership of the league by member clubs and local/parochial administration.

If anything, I'd say that the structure we have now for the fall, more closely resembles what we had before the Coastal League (LSYSA) which we enjoyed before it was replaced. Actually that is still established as a nonprofit corporation with ex-MPRD representative as agent, and we (CASC) would just as happily join that again as long as its historical policies remained.

If there were issues beyond the above for any member parties and clubs that created or joined the CPL in exclusivity, I doubt those have been resolved. crazy

Just as a reminder, those exclusivity policies were all removed last year.

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong

Link Copied to Clipboard