Page 1 of 2 1 2
#18017 05/03/04 05:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who do you think has the best chances of being SCISA state champs? Has anyone seen Pinewood play and if so how would they compare in a matchup wiht cardonal newman or ben lippen?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about heathwood's chances? They already beat CN and have won 7 in a row.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heathwood has been on a good run lately and i'm not taking anything away from them beating CN (good job guys). But i've seen them play and they are just not a big threat right now. As long as teams, like CN or BL, play to their ability and not down to another level then they should be able to pass heathwood. But, we will see tonight when Heathwood plays BL. If they want to prove that they are for real and not just on a good run they need to beat BL all over the field tonight. I don't see that happening as long as BL plays to their game. We'll see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think heathwood was robbed last night against Bl. BL's first goal was in the 43rd minute of the first half, the ref added time becasue their were no Ballboys( what the hell?) The second goal was a gift of a pk. Heathwood definatley had the more deserving of the goals and outplayed BL for most of the game. It was just unfortunate for them not to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently you didnt see most of the game because Bl controlded it the entire time except the 10 minutes where heathwood scored their 2 goals but that shouldnt have matted because bl should have been up by atleast 4 or 5 at the time wiht the shots that hit post or rolled across the line the y were just unlucky untill the last few minutes of the game which is all part of the game so im not complaining and correction the goal that bl scored in the first half was with 36 seconds left BEFORE extra time Bl is defently the team to beat in Scisa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CN2000 who are you are you kidding heathwood didnt have control of the game at all ben lippen passed around them the whole game. the first half ben lippen had almost 20 shots on goal and couldnt finish. but the second half we had even more and then we were robbed when our goalie had control of the ball and number 9 came and kicked the ball out of his hands. After the game the ref even said it was a bad call and shouldnt of been a goal. Ben Lippen is the better team because even after all the adversity of the game and the bad calls and own goals we still overcame it and scored two goals in under 2 min. Now if heathwood was a good team then they would actually be able to defend their own goal to keep a 2-1 lead on us. even though both their goals were mistakes. TO SAY HEATHWOOD WAS ROBBED IS CRAP BL CONTROLED THE GAME AND THE MOMENTUM.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CN2000 A GOOD TEAM IS DEFINED AS something that CAN FINISH WHAT they started and we started the game off with a goal even though they went up on us because of two lucky goals doesnt mean anything. We bounced back and overcame the odds to finish the game. Even though we didnt play to the potential that we are able to we did it. CN2000 IF YOU THINK CN IS SUCH A GREAT TEAM AND ALL JUST BECAUSE OF A 1-0 WIN AGAINST BL THEN WHY COULDNT YOU GET THE JOB DONE AGAINST HEATHWOOD?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, they had exactly 4 shots on goal in the first half and only 8 for the game. Sure they passed it around but they didnt get anywhere so waht was the point. Oh, the ball was bouncing around in the keeper's hands when the forward took it from him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I mean no hard feelings to CN CN2000 but dont talk trash about something because your upset about region. I know CN will put a good show in the state tournament as they always do and good luck against heathwood and i hope the best for you and your team really. dont take offense to what i am saying i just get upset about you talking about my team/family like that. Our team has trained and worked hard for the ultimate goal and i know and my teamates know that God is on our side and we have that 12th man on the feild with us and our team gives him our wins and our losses no matter the outcome. IT DOESNT MATTER IF AFTER THOSE 80 MIN WE WIN OR LOSE OR WE WIN REGION OR STATE AS LONG AS WE PLEASE THE LORD OUR FATHER OUR JOB IS DONE BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT WE WANT TO SHOW TO OTHERS, OUR LORD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UM DUDE WHERE YOU GETTING YOUR INFO BECAUSE UNLESS YOUR KEEPING STATS I DONT WANNA HEAR IT. OH AND IF BL WAS PASSIN AROUND HOW DID HEATHWOOD CONTROL THE GAME BIG GUY JUST WONDERIN? CHECK YOUR STATS BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BY THE WAY IF YOUR IN COLLEGE WHY ARE YOU TALKING TRASH TO A HIGH SCHOOLER? WASH UP.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CN2000 are you the assistant coach that got red carded and played at cardonal newman a few years ago..ummm wilson or somthing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOPE, SORRY. I AM JUST A SOCCER OBSERVER AND FAN. I REALLY DIDNT MEAN TO STIR THINGS UP LIKE THIS, BUT IN ALL HONESTY I HATE TO SEE IT WHEN THE REF DECIDES THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME. THAT WAS ALL THAT I WAS REALLY TRYING TO SAY. NOTHING AGAINST BL, THEY HAVE A VERY GOOD TEAM AND HAS DONE VERY WELL THIS YEAR

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I always liked thinking about SCISA teams as teams who played soccer, and carried themselves in general with a great deal of class.

Hopefully some of the harsh "tone" associated with some of these posts is my just my imagination playing tricks on me.

BTW, "controlling a game" via possession, and "winning a game" on the scoreboard are two separate issues.

Case in point, much to my dismay, Chelsea FC lost the final leg of their Champions League semi-final match this week - even though they completely dominated play throughout both matches against Monaco.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree completely. I can understand being frustrated but there is no reason to yell. The game is over. I saw the game and to say that Heathwood was robbed is incorrect. Ben Lippen controlled the game. I think it would be better to say that Heathwood had a good chance to upset Ben Lippen. The first twenty minutes in the second half Heathwood had the ball on the offensive side maybe twice. You honestly can't say that Heathwood was robbed. They played a great game and came out to win, but certainly weren't robbed of a win.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard