Print Thread
#18186 05/05/04 11:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a player, just a fan here. I just want to send congrats to the jackets on their win over South Aiken last night. They played well and proved themselves to be a very good team. I wish them luck in the remaining playoffs and hopefully my t-breds will get another shot next year. Good luck and congratulations!

#18187 05/06/04 12:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what was the score to this game? any details.... this must have been an exciting battle to watch... congrats to TL Hanna... that is amazing... soccer cinderella team maybe?

#18188 05/06/04 01:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The score was 2-1. S. Aiken opened up the scoring about 10 minutes into the game when a defender (me) left his mark to try and cut off a long ball from the keeper only to lose it in the sun. About 10 minutes later we had a goal called back that was a 50/50 ball with the keeper. Then after halftime we came out and scored during a scramble in front of the net. Then with like 5 minutes remaining one of our second string strikers turned on a defender and was tackled as he ripped a shot. The shot deflected and arced gracefully into the top corner of the net(luckiest goal I've seen since the Irmo tourney) and that was all we needed. The SA student section was very verbally abusive but the players for the most part were very classy. As for Cinderella team? We'll see, but in our minds, we've been this good all along and just didn't always play to our full potential or earn the respect we deserve.

#18189 05/06/04 01:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The score was 2-1. S. Aiken opened up the scoring about 10 minutes into the game when a defender (me) left his mark to try and cut off a long ball from the keeper only to lose it in the sun. About 10 minutes later we had a goal called back that was a 50/50 ball with the keeper. Then after halftime we came out and scored during a scramble in front of the net. Then with like 5 minutes remaining one of our second string strikers turned on a defender and was tackled as he ripped a shot. The shot deflected and arced gracefully into the top corner of the net(luckiest goal I've seen since the Irmo tourney) and that was all we needed. The SA student section was very verbally abusive but the players for the most part were very classy. As for Cinderella team? We'll see, but in our minds, we've been this good all along and just didn't always play to our full potential or earn the respect we deserve.

#18190 05/06/04 01:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry about the double post. My computer froze up

#18191 05/06/04 11:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is cool.... it is always good to see teams with class even if their fans don't show any... very respectable... good luck today

#18192 05/06/04 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ralph, I wish I new you were there I would have come over to meet you. Did you see our sweeper, look familiar. And no, that wasn't Rapheal Little that scored that last goal. Just a good role player that every team needs to be successful. I bet to say that that was the only break that the jackets have had all year. (dreaming) Little takes the ball from the 25, swings to his left and headed to the sidelines and it's off to the races as he get s pushed out and the 7 yards. 1st and goal with less than a minutes... the ball is snapped, QB drops back and throws......the rest is history. Thanks my friend for all the kind words over the past 3 years about our team and my son. Although we've never met, all I know is that you are a competitive classy guy. Thanks again.

#18193 05/06/04 11:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh, plus I'm glad that you have finally learned to drop the "h" at the end of HANNA!

#18194 05/07/04 07:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, I've always been bad on that spelling part. I kind of stay in the background on the soccer scene beacuase I'm not the most knowledgeable guy in the sport. I know our students are a little rough at time but they are just excited and get a little wild. Good to see the players were well thought of. Congrats again to you guys.

#18195 05/08/04 12:49 AM
World Cup
World Cup
Oldjacket???

Oh...now I know you. If you are who I think you are...give me the two initials of my Radio given name.

Link Copied to Clipboard