Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18210 05/06/04 02:37 PM
coach
OP Offline
coach
After today: (Wando #1 ?? No way. They have played no one ALL YEAR. Look at the comparison of won-loss opponent records - Wando 177-234-8
Dutch Fork 235-177-12. How is Wando #1?? How??) Dutch Fork could easily take out Wando today, but if they don't:
Quarterfinals will be:
Upperstate
TL Hanna v. Northwestern
Spring Valley v. Aiken
Lowerstate
Summerville v. Irmo
Hilton Head v. Wando

Semis
Upper-Northwestern v. Spring Valley
Lower-Irmo v. Hilton Head
Final
Irmo v. Northwestern
CHAMP - NORTHWESTERN (Irmo players/coaches again refuse to accept 2nd place trophy and medals like they did in 2002. If so, Irmo starts next season ranked #1 in preseason Red Neck League Rankings)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Irmo really do that in 2002?

coach
OP Offline
coach
sting20sv
posted May 13, 2002 09:33 AM As an Irmo parent, I am disappointed by some of our players reactions.I do have to say that I am extremely proud of my son who was one of those who stood on the field until the end, congratulated and even hugged the Wando players, acted like a mature man, and THEN went to the bench to let out his extreme disappointment. Wando is an awesome team and showed that, HOWEVER, no one in that stadium who watched without bias or prejudice can deny that the Irmo guys had a definite right to be devastated by the Field referee's' blatant negligence in the "time" issue. Congratulations, Wando...but shame on YOU, Mr. Official! To my son, I love you and am so proud of how you handled yourself....THAT'S the TRUE meaning of "WINNER"!

CRAIG EARNHEART
This is horrible, One of the teams that should represent Sc as one of our finest teams doesnt even show up at the state championship ceremonies. Even a Westside and laurens who have 0 wins come out to the games with there head up and show good character b/c they love the game. Irmo has a great program and has had it for year, and now they cant even lose without pouting b/c the ref. I saw Irmo, get yalls head out of yall *****, and go out and work harder to win next year. For the 4 Irmo guys that went out there. Congrats on getting there and for representing soccer with the character it deserves.
|
soker
posted May 13, 2002 05:04 PM While I agree that what Irmo did was wrong, cut them some slack. they were very emmtional after teh game. they expected to win and were very dissapointed after they lost. i dont know anyone on irmo but i am sure hey were devastated. you arent being much better people by bashing them for their behaivior. they shouldnt have acted like that but try to understand where they are coming from, many of you would have acted in the same way.

--------------------
Rhett McCraw, Christ Church

posted May 14, 2002 01:16 AM yeah i think it was a bit ridiculous and rude for the irmo players to take their medals and throw them across the field on the ground. yeah it might have been a bias game, but ive seen much worse officiating during championship games, and the second place team did not show half as much disrespect and childish actions as those of irmo on saturday.

Midlands Marauder
Registered Member
Member # 104
posted May 16, 2002 01:21 PMMay 16, 2002 01:21 PM
I wuz there and saw a few Irmo players throw their medals in the trash can. Also, did you see the hissy that Dennis Cook pitched?
Registered Member
Member # 300

Rate Member posted May 15, 2002 06:26 PMMay 15, 2002 06:26 PM

i will agree, i never would have thought coach savitz as one to act like that, win or lose. i understand the agony felt when losing a game with so much importance; but if you arent gonna be crowned a champion, act like one. do you ever see a world cup team sit there and not accept their 2nd place trophey? do you see a track star throw their medal away after finishing 2nd? i understand that you might have gotten screwed, but you still gotta act with class. was a conflict of interests to have him out there between Irmo and officials.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, I had no idea about that. Thanks Striker. Are you making it to a NW playoff game ?

J
Brace
Brace
J
Striker,
Are you a bit ticked at Irmo or something? I have noticed that you have put the same thing about Irmo coming in second, and not accepting their medals/trophy in a couple of posts. Has Irmo done anything to you, or are you saying this to infuriate somebody? Just wondering…..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe there are only 3 or 4 players on this year's roster that were there in 2002. Why do you want to show your butt and say that, striker?

coach
OP Offline
coach
Soccerboy, Irmo4,
I was only giving the info to trojan on the incident, and what better way to do so than posts from this same forum. Hopefully something like that will never happen again. Most of the players may not be there now, but same coaches. But Irmo may not get past Hilton Head, once they eliminate Wando.

coach
OP Offline
coach
Irmo will have a tough time with HH. Why is Aiken and Spring Valley game on Mon.? There will not be as much break for that winner for the semi game on Wed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
striker- the aiken-spring valley game was rescheduled for monday because spring valley's prom was saturday night

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
striker, you missed one heck of a game last night.

Link Copied to Clipboard