Next Thread
Print Thread
#18569 05/09/04 05:11 PM
B
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
B
What happened! Was your goalie still out or did yall just get unlucky? Its not right for yall to lose to pendleton...chs17, tell me what happened?

#18570 05/09/04 06:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
their goalie was indeed still out but it made little difference. Chapin's defense was awesome and bottled us up most of the night but Reeves Miller was able to get free on a couple of occasions. 5 minutes into the second half Reeves was alone in the box and was hauled down by the last defender, the pk was put into the side netting. it remained 1-0 for most of the second half until Reeves got loose again with about 15 minutes left and ripped a shot from the 18 that hit the far post and caromed in (his 33rd goal of the year). Just before that the back up keeper made a good save on a strong hit to the near post. The first half was pretty even as was reflected by the 0-0 score at the half. Both teams had one good opportunity each but were unable to capitalize. After the pk put Pendleton up in the second half Chapin really picked it up and kept attacking in waves. Jeremy Johnson made a spectacular save on #4 who brought down a header, turned, and ripped a shot to the near post from about 12 yards out and Jeremy was able to get there and then smother the rebound. Chapin controlled most of the second half but was unable to score until the 78th minute when they were awarded a penalty kick as well. Pendleton then hung on for the win. Overall Chapin outshot Pendleton 7-4 but the difference was Reeve's rip in the second half. It was a great game as both teams played their hearts out. Hats off to coach Hiller who has a great program there and will only be losing three seniors. Good luck next year in 3A.

#18571 05/09/04 07:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a good game...our keeper was still out. I was the back up. Pendleton played a good game. We couldnt find the back of the net and let it get away from us. It's tuff to go out like this, but this is only going to make it harder on 3A next year. Good luck Pendleton and Emerald.

#18572 05/09/04 07:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a great game-both teams played with everything they had..Pendleton plays with a lot of heart like us..and I admire them for that. It was absolutely heartbreaking for Chapin, to lose that early in the playoffs after such a long record of state championship appearances, and after winning so many games in a row this season. Our goalie was out with an injury he obtained in the Mid-Carolina game, so Daniel Mattox(aka CHSdefender17) played goalie. He did a fantastic job and the only shots he let in were two that no one could have blocked-one hit off the post and deflected in and the other was a PK that hit side netting. I played for a lot of the game and while I was in, I could feel the intensity burning in everyone. Everyone on our team was feeling the same thing-we were doing everything possible to put the ball in the net..we got a pk, but there was not enough time left to tie it up. We most certainly did not lack desire-we fought with everything we had-but it felt like we were fighting a losing battle and time was our enemy. Extremely emotional game-a couple of our players started crying before it was even over while they were still playing, others after it was over-we were devastated. We had a great season though, and I look forward to next year and we will have the same team for the most part, besides losing a starting senior defender, our goalie, and a foreign exchange student who played forward-and we will gain a few good freshmen players. Pendleton played a great game and wanted it as badly as us, I enjoyed playing them and their players are emotional but never got out of control or took it out on our players. I hope they get far and I wish Emerald luck as well.

#18573 05/09/04 09:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
both of your messages just backed up what our parents were saying to us after the game. you guys are classy individuals and our parents/fans had nothing but compliments for both you and your fans. It was a great game, played by two teams with a lot of heart. Good luck to you guys as you make that leap into 3A.

#18574 05/09/04 10:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks...same for you

#18575 05/10/04 12:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we (at Waccamaw) have to agree with that...for us, Chapin was arguably the best team we've ever played as far as sportsmanship goes so congrats to Chapin players, parents, and coach...its nice to see there is still class in South Carolina soccer

Link Copied to Clipboard