A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for thought...

Class 4A Boys
Luis Arrieta, SR, Mauldin(OUT of Playoffs)
Eric Barnes, SR, South Aiken(OUT)
Jamie Brannan, SR, Northwestern
Jansen Brown, SR, Fort Mill(OUT)WHO IS THIS?
Matt Carlisle, SR, Northwestern
Devan Cooley, SR, T.L. Hanna(OUT)
Jamal Geathers, SO, South Aiken(OUT)
Craig Gulick, JR, South Aiken(OUT)
Mike Gustavson, JR, South Aiken(OUT)
Corey Lugger, SR, Dutch Fork(OUT)
Ryan Lukshis, SR, Dutch Fork(OUT)
Cody Natale, SR, Wando(OUT)
David Newton, JR, Wando(OUT)
David Simpson, JR, Ridge View(OUT)
Matt Sweesy, SR, Hillcrest(OUT)
Kyle Walker, SR, Dorman(OUT)
Josh Windley, SR, Hillcrest(OUT)
Todd Wogamon, SR, Summerville(OUT)

Must be some horrible players left playing for the AAAA State Championship!

#18600 05/10/04 02:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone tell me who the keepers are.

4A - Carlisle, Gustavson, ?
3A - Pallassino, ?
2A - ?, ?
1A - ?, ?

Congratulations to my teammates Sparks and Cooper. Also, it's about time Goose got some credit for something besides playing with the Fire.

#18601 05/10/04 03:40 AM
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
SCSUKERFAN

I am not from Fort Mill, but can tell you that Jansen Brown is a very good player, deserves to be on this list.

Shearer and others

I have posed these questions myself and cannot remember, but either North-South or All-State has certain guidelines as far as nominating goes. I am sure Kevin, Kyle, or any of the others can set the records straight. However, I do know that to be picked for one of these two honors, one's coach must nominate their players. One honor allows any coach to nominate any player, but the other only allows a player's coach to nominate their players. Like I said, I am not sure which one applies to which honor (I have only been an assistant coach, so not fully versed in everything). However, if you go back and look at the past N-S rosters and All-State teams, you rarely see an Irmo player on those teams. I hear that Phil rarely nominates people and hardly ever shows up to the selection days. Why? Thats something I have never understood. It is alittle political as is any other sports selections (ie. Demetris Summers not being elected for the Shrine Bowl, but was good enough for USC and the All-American Bowl (?) ). So if a players coach is not there to push their players, then those players tend to suffer alittle. You even call out one of Ridgeview's players who I know you support 100% as being a questionable choice. But we both know that Kevin was sitting in that room fighting for his players case. Can the same be said for the HH, Irmo, Aiken, etc coaches? That is a question that I cannot answer since I was not there. Were players that deserved spots even nominated? again I dont know that answer. The selection process is far from perfect as is most things in life.

#18602 05/10/04 03:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keepers?

4A Todd Wogamon S'ville

2A Drew Haley BE

#18603 05/10/04 03:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully the Super 18 is selected differently than the "prestigious All State" team. How is the Super 18 picked and when?

#18604 05/10/04 07:11 AM
J
goal kick
goal kick
J
Individual players comprise an all-state team, not the success of their teams. It doesn't matter what teams are out, it matters how good a player is. It has been said many times that South Aiken doesn't have good chemistry, team work, or any of that, but they have great individual performers which is shown by the four selections. Every one of the SA players deserves to be there and ask most coaches and they will tell you the same thing. Not everyone can make the all-state team, and I'll tell you that SAHS has no pull in politics in the soccer world. These kids deserve to be on the team and everyone else needs to quit complaining.

#18605 05/10/04 11:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The selection process for both N-S All star match and the All-State teams are selected from players that have been nominated by their coaches to be considered for either honor or both.

Therefore, if a coach does not nominate one of his players that is deserving, the player doesn't stand a chance at being selected because he/she is not in the pool of players being selected from for the honors.

You can complain all you want about how the selection process is "political," but most of the blame for players that you think should be on the list is not the selection committee's fault, but rather the players' coach because he doesn't nominate the players. The committee can only select from players that have been nominated - plain and simple.

#18606 05/10/04 11:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im ashamed to be a South Aiken High School student...rumor has it Eric from North Augusta and players from Aiken didnt make it because Coach Paul Waters went to the meeting represneting our region and only presented his players...way to go coach...that was classy...

#18607 05/10/04 11:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hardy, I do understand that it is about individual play but in Wando's loss to HH, how much individual play did Natale contribute? In South Aiken's loss FIRST ROUND how much did FOUR of those SA players put in? I could go on and on. Though players are put on the team for their individual effort, their real effort and ability is shown by how far they helped their team progress in the post season. Thats what its all about. There is still NO way that Irmo and Aiken are unrecognized. There is no way around saying it.

#18608 05/10/04 11:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wogamon is all state...hmmmm...He didn't hold on to much in summerville's final game of the playoffs.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard