Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who made it from 1A

#18620 05/10/04 07:17 PM
Brace
Brace
A couple of things to keep in mind...
#1- All-State is 18 players regardless of position.

#2- Your coach must nominate you. It would also help for them to attend the selection meeting to lobby for your selection over another player. If you are nominated but no coach at the meeting has seen you play, then there is little chance of you being selected.

#3- To my understanding, the team was selected a couple of weeks ago and the list was released today. If this is true, then playoff results are not factored into the equation.

#18621 05/10/04 07:26 PM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
Copied from the SCHSSCA forum:

I committed a serious foot in mouth offense last year in a thread in the Girls Soccer forum over this issue and still have a little toe jam taste from time to time. Here are a couple of quotes from Kevin and Kyle (See "Outraged", Girls Soccer Forum, May 12, 2003) about the selection process that are probably still apropos:

"It is the coach's responsibility at each school to nominate their players and follow up with their nomination by attending the All-State meeting or contacting their region representative about the merits of their players.

The SCHSSCA gets very limited response/participation by girls coaches and this exacerbates the problem.

All athletic directors were given North-South and All-State information at the March meeting and the All-State and North-South information has been available online for several weeks."

Kevin Heise

"Yes, some players are going to be overlooked, but it is that coach's responsibility at the Winter Clinic, at the preliminary meeting in March, and again at the final selection date in late April/early May to follow up ... A coach should be responsible not only for their program, but to represent high school soccer period!!! ... Otherwise, soccer will continue to get a "black eye" no matter what our efforts try to improve that image to the SCHSL and the "non-soccer appreciative" public ... Simply said, it's just not enough to coach your team or represent your area at these meetings, but it takes a strong character and a lot of backbone to voice your opinion in these settings."

Kyle Heise

and finally (from Kyle):

"but quite frankly we never have too much turmoil from the boys selections" ...

I guess some things change and somethings don't.

lpaf

#18622 05/10/04 07:30 PM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Good point Voice of Reason:
~There are only 18 players out of god know how many teams.

~Your coach must nominate you. Someone from the same region can do the same, but doesn't stand up for that player when it comes down to it. If your coach goes you have a better chance of having a player on the "All State" team then if he doesn't (No matter how good your are!!!)

~Hard to pick 18 people, that's why they depend on coaches to come to the meeting and spit out names and agree amongst each other. If your coach isn't there, do you think the other coaches are gonna give up a slot (out of a mere 18) to put some kid on the team over one of their own........Ha, doubt it!!! Just ask yourself, would you???

#18623 05/10/04 08:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as Aiken goes, what I've heard is that Coach just got the nominations in too late. We know we have 2-4 guys who could've made it, and so do the teams who have played us. All-state is a big honor, but winning is much bigger. In my opinion, Calder Reardon, John Odum, Rob Victor, and probably even Adam Lambert could've made the team. Hell, there's actually about 3 other guys on our team that wouldn't have surprised me. I hate to say it, but 1/3 of that list is a joke. In any case, we'll just stick to winning. The individual awards can wait.

#18624 05/10/04 09:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know 1/3 of the list is a joke? Have you seen all of those players play?

#18625 05/10/04 09:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes.

#18626 05/10/04 09:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok well i Guess since you say it is a joke, then you must know more than the coaches who comprised the team. Sounds like someone is just bitter.

#18627 05/10/04 10:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that all 20 players on Christ Churchs roster made it for 1a all state.

Only joking, congrats to those who made it.

#18628 05/10/04 10:24 PM
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
This list for North/South and All-state was selected a month ago...and playoffs were not a month ago for some of you ppl that are too outraged to think coherently. "You, or your teamate didnt make it..tough, All-State is an honor, but winning a state championship is bigger right? Stop whining and go win a championship..or get over it, because all the players on the list deserve all-state, and it doesnt matter what you think because its not going to change. I got left out of all-state one year and I was very deserving, but I didnt complain, because its a list...period.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard