well said.

#18630 05/11/04 12:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brock why do you try to sound all smart and stuff when you know you're nuttin but a country redneck like me. But you got the point across well, i'm glad to say that i am your cousin. Lookin forward to that reunion on June 7th at like 10:30, if you go that email. See ya soon.........oh and as for headstrong, why do you even care, you keep the stats, you don't even play All State has nothing to do with you. but you could tell me how the Aiken SV game went tonight, and give us a few statistics from the game

#18631 05/11/04 02:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, lets get some things straight. It is the coaches job to nominate players from their schools. One thing that people don't know is that the coach cannot just "show up" at the meeting. It is invite only. A coach can argue his point all he wants to his region representative, but why would a coach put a player from another team a higher priority than his own?? An example is that Dutch Fork has TWO players on the team, and Irmo, the other team in their region, had none. Not saying that Dutch Fork didn't deserve to have two players on there because by all means it takes alot of skill and individual talent to lose to Sumter, but its kinda funny that Wayne got 2 on there when Coach Savitz was not invited. Another example is N. Augusta and Aiken being left out in their regions too. The system is flawed.

#18632 05/11/04 03:21 AM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Now, let's clarify something even further. It is the coaches job, no doubt to nominate people. But and I do say but, it depends on what division we/you are talking about. A coach can just "show up" to the meeting in lower divisions (via 1A and 2A) as opposed to upper divisions where you have to be invited (via 3A (I think) and 4A). The fact that you have people talking about this subject from 1A and 4a (including me 2A now) about this topic (and the fact that it originated as Boogie-Dixie #6 saying:
Who made it from 1A
just simply needs to be clarified.
~ I do think there are a lot of people who deserve to be on that list that aren't. But as Brock Scott said, it's just a list. Go out and win a championship.

#18633 05/11/04 04:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who on the Irmo team deserved to be on the All-State team this year. I have heard people say they deserved players, but who would you have chosen from that team?

#18634 05/11/04 05:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never mind Irmo. I cant believe Eric Bafour of NA was left off. Did he have an off-season in HS? Hes been awesome whenever I've seen him play (not this year).

#18635 05/11/04 12:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would it help to compare players who made the teams with coaches that were "invited" to attend the meetings?

#18636 05/11/04 01:29 PM
Brace
Brace
lexsoccer,

Wayne was NOT invited to and DID NOT attend the all-state meeting.
Get your facts straight before you speak. Your argument is weak, especially when you neglect to mention that DF was the only team to shutout Irmo this year, beat Spring Valley, TL Hanna, Ridge View, Dorman, Sumter and Lexington (all 4A playoff teams) and went 16-5 with one of the toughest schedules in SC. All Wayne did was nominate his players.

#18637 05/11/04 09:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Murphy not making the list is a cryin shame.

#18638 05/11/04 11:01 PM
Brace
Brace
The only beef I have with the All-State teams are the boys/girls 4A and girls 2A! Everything else looks fine. Sure some players didn't get picked, but that's life! I know down here, I wonder why Tim Costanzo didn't get selected, but it might have to do with his red-cards this year or something. I also thought that Camilo would make the team, but hopefully he'll be all-Lowcountry at any rate. Congratulations to Cody Natale and David Newton for representing WHS!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard