Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone with some good predictions?

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Myrtle Beach should definately win this game. I don't think Dreher will have the strength to beat this fast and very experienced MB team. Thats just my pick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't matter, Upstate is going to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not so fast my friend......MB is big and strongand fast....Dreher is a better match up for Eastside rather than Greenville...this year's final should be a good one.....might be the year that the Lower State gets the ring.....Although MB is not any where as talented as the BC teams of 2001 and 2002(or as MB's team that year)

If Eastside gets in I pick the Lower State...If not then G'ville gets its 2nd title in 3 years!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
didnt greenville beat myrtle beach like 4-1 earlier this year?

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Shearer, I can't believe you are trying to compare MB team to MB team...Having had a nephew on the 2001-2002 teams...and a son on this year's team..I know exactly what the difference is...the coaching. Both teams have alot of talent...utilized differently by different coaches and different systems of play used. I'm looking forward to seeing MB pushed to their limit by the upstate. Let's see what they can really do...

coach
coach
posted May 09, 2004 02:22 PM I have not seen Greenvile/Eastside play but they are both obviously very good. Myrtle Beach Beat N. Myrtle Beach easily 3-1, 6-0 this year. Dreher only beat N. Myrtle Beach 1-0. Dreher has little offense, but good defense. MB is very strong & will beat Dreher by 2-3 goals. Eastside v. Myrtle Beach will be a good, close final:
Myrtle Beach 3-2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont think any team is going to win by 3 goals. I think it will be very close.

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
How about comparing scores of another common opponent? MB beat BC 4-0 this week, while Dreher beat BC 5-0 a couple of weeks. Dreher has a very stingy defense. They shut out Aiken and only gave up two goals to Norman North from Oklahoma.

coach
coach
Dreher did not even try to score against Norman North. I also heard that Aiken missed a ton of shots v. Dreher, and actually dominated that game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Things you have to consider for tommorow nights game:

1)These are pretty much the exact two teams that played eachother last year in the quarter finals. a game won by Myrtle Beach 2-1.

2)The game is going to be played at Dreher's homefield...so that has to give them some type of advantage (however remember that last years game was also played at Memorial)

3)Dreher to my knowledge has never beaten Myrtle Beach in the playoffs...definately not in the last 5 years. (there is a first time for everything)

tommorow nights game between #1 Dreher and #2 Myrtle Beach should be one of the better games of the season. Dreher will be out to try and get over the hump vs. Myrtle Beach, while Myrtle Beach will be out to prove to everyone they are the best team in the lower state. Both schools are loaded with talent from top to bottom so it should be a good game. Dreher 1 Myrtle Beach 0 in overtime.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
You can't compare two teams together by comparing them to a common team. The only thing that matters really is the intensity that one team brings to the pitch that day. Should be an excellent Lowerstate Chapionship and State Championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like MB has heated up late and Dreher has cooled down a little bit... MB 3 Dreher 1.

coach
coach
Thats a good prediction Green. As much as I want Dreher to win, MB is more experienced, faster and physically stronger. 3-1 or 2-0 MB. Could be even more if MB is up 2 or 3-0 at half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a few things that will determine the game tomorrow nite. As dreher did last year and they have done against all good teams this year, they will pack it in and hope to sneak in a goal and pack it in even harder. If mb scores an early goal, they will force dreher to play and have no problem winning. If mb lets in a goal, dreher will pack it in and be very tough to score on. the longer the game goes scoreless the better chance dreher has with mb having to overcome a 3 hour bus ride.

--wax it up and grind

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't it possible that Dreher isn't packing it in, but that there defense is just that good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From everybody i've heard that was at the game that isn't a Dreher fan, they packed it in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dreher only plays 3 in the back.... and doesn't ever pack it in unless we are down a man like the NN game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a lie. Anyone who's seen Dreher play knows that they keep everyone back and hope something happens up top. Fortunately, that happened against us(Aiken), and as said before, you packed it in even more after the goal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys,

Packing it in is a viable scheme. All that matters are these 2 teams are in the playoffs still and the rest of us aren't. Congrats to both teams and coaches on an excellent season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
exactly Wilson Coach... whether they pack it in or they just have a stronger defense... they are still winning games so they must be doing something right... there isn't a rule saying "thou shalt not pack it in in the game of futbol..." I mean there are teams that play bootball as their strategy because they have great speed and their trapping skills are amazing. It doesn't make them a cheap team to play. They are just using what they have best to their advantage. I am choosing Dreher over MB 1-0 in regulation or 1-1 at the end of regulation with Dreher pulling it off 2-1 in overtime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to Dreher fans, but it is Myrtle Beach's year. They have plenty of seniors, and look like NMB last year. Hopefully they do not choke like NMB did last year, but do win and win state. I would like for Dreher to win, but I just do not see that happening. Myrtle Beach is too physical.

Myrtle Beach - NMB should have won, but couldn't because lack of the ability to finish. Many shots taken, no finish. Just didn't know what happened.

Dreher - Do not dive in. MB midfield likes to play with the ball. WATCH wings. MB plays it to the corners and sends it back in (backpost). Watch the guys falling to the back post on crosses. Play smart, pass well, and it should be a fun match(for MB).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheifsoccer, you obviously were not at the game last year....MB dominated the first half...and it was 50-50 the second half....i will admitt thoght that matt did blow it infront of goal but we still would scored and won the game....so shut up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predicting soccer scores is impossible. One thing changes a game so much. One mistake or act of brilliance can change the entire game. The referees have an effect on the flow as well. Myrtle Beach has a great group of players and play very fast and simple. Dreher plays so direct that they could put one in at any time. The game will be exhausting for both teams. Dreher's frequent substitutions might keep them from getting together and possessing the ball. It is tough for somebody to come in and play with a group off the bench. Myrtle Beach looks to be the better team but the better team doesn't always win. There are a lot of teams this year that would have to admit that they beat someone better than them. Winning the game is what counts but it doesn't necessarily mean a team is better than another. Look at how Monaco beat Real Madrid, nobody would say Monaco is better. There are too many posts on this site with players saying their team is better or this team is better. Not enough appreciating how good teams are and how fortunate everyone is to play and compete. These are two good teams, we'll all know who will be in the State Final tomorrow. Lets enjoy the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with everything what Groeneveld says about
this match. Both teams are good and capable. Another thing that at this level usually the best officials are assigned. So, only players and coaching will determine the outcome of the game. Yes, officials may have an effect on the game only if they call it too tight or loose. This may change the flow of the game only. But players' behaviour and attitude to each other usually contributes to calling a tight game.

The team who makes fewer mistakes will win tonight. Good luck to both teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Myrtle Beach, I'm telling you now, they have a dangerous throw in... they have a guy who can throw it in almost a straight line right into the 6 and a lot of guys who can win them.. esecially #10.

I remember we scored 2 in our scrimage this year on throw ins and didn't get anything else at all, be prepared for Drehers throw ins in your defensive third or you day will be a lot tougher.

That is probably the main thing to look out for, they shouldn't be able to get much else on you guys if you play like you can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Myrtle Beach is winning 4-0 with 25 mins left....Grand Strand is taking the title

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
final....myrtle beach 6-0 dreher

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
myrtle beach strait up dominated Dreher. they were better in every aspect of the game and definately, without a doubt deserved the win. Good luck to them in the finals...pull one out for the lowerstate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definately, bigger, stronger, quicker. Good Luck in the Finals!! Well maybe I should say best wishes, I don't think luck is necessary. I'll be there for all the games Saturday. Good run Dreher you had a great season.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Go MB!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6-0 HUH:That's alot of goals with no O to help!That would not have been the case if Dreher had the 3 srs.that should have been there{S. Anderson,Kettinger And E.Thompson & the hurt soph.B Wilson and the other "missing" soph..--Wilkinson could have kept those guys together and Dreher would be playing for state on Sat.But ifs don't count so good luck Beach Boys in state.--State should be between Dreher & B.C. for the next 2 yrs. if "ifs" don't spoil things again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
spoton, u have been saying the same thing for the last two or three year, "next year" then "next year" then "next year." where are all the people at that were sayin dreher would win it??? not much to say now??? le-guy and dude, please give us a post, i know u want to. good game last nite, dreher.

--wax the state championship cuz mb is comin to grind!!!

R
throw in
throw in
R
Congratulations to Joel Banta and his Seahawks. They are on a mission right now and by far are playing better than anyone we've faced this year. It's difficult enough to beat a team that is better and older than you, but it's even harder when everything is aligned for the the other guys. Good luck in the State Championship and bring the title to the lower state.

Congrats to Dreher on a fabulous season, and I look forward to chasing the title again next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to MB... since I had not seen MB play this entire season I wasn't sure what to expect from them in the game. Even when MB beat BC 4-0 and just before that Dreher beat BC 5-0 I believed that Dreher was stronger but it looks like MB played harder and wanted the game more. I had seen Dreher play earlier in the season and know several of their players and their coach. I knew how strong (but still young) they were. But I was shocked to see the score. But now that I see how MB is doing I congratulate you and wish you luck on saturday. It will be a good game and could possibly bring a win to the lowerstate... something that hasn't happened in a long time...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoton...seriously man, how can you possibly say that wilkinson would've kept those guys in shape? as if to say its coach rowells fault those guys quit playin soccer. those guys started stumblin while wilkinson was still coach at Dreher. i'm pretty sure that two of those seniors weren't even enrolled at dreher when rowell first came to dreher. i'm not even sure he had been officially hired yet. and to say that those guys woulda helped dreher make it to state is ridiculous. i don't think anybody was going to beat Myrtle Beach that day. the beach is on a mission. Good Season Dreher...i'll be pullin for ya next season

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard