Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#18703 05/11/04 12:12 AM
coach
OP Offline
coach
Any predictions? (Except from the Aiken folks)
I think SV 2-1. Then SV and Irmo will lose to Northwestern Wed. and Sat. (But look for a war with a bunch of cards in the Irmo-HH game. Especially when HH takes the lead in the first half. Some Irmo bleach-heads may not see the Sat. game)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 SV-1 Aiken
Aiken fell off!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice call striker

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the home field decided? Their is an H above spring valleys bracket so does that mean they would have the home field even though NW is a 1 seed?

coach
OP Offline
coach
The bracket also says that the higher region finish is the host- Northwestern. Aiken did not prevail because they played a short schedule 17 games v. 26 for Spring Valley. Also they did not have as tough a schedule as SV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did not prevail because they were not as good of a team as Spring Valley is. That is the bottom line and was very evident tonight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Aiken did not prevail because they played a short schedule 17 games v. 26 for Spring Valley. Also they did not have as tough a schedule as SV"

"They did not prevail because they were not as good of a team as Spring Valley is. That is the bottom line and was very evident tonight."

And both of you are talking out of your asses. I'll start by saying that Aiken is and was better than Spring Valley. THAT was evident tonight. The fact that we played a certain amount of games had absolutely nothing to do with us losing. Our schedule was not the toughest in the state, but we played some very good teams throughout the season, and beat a large majority of them.

We lost because of a 3 minute breakdown late in the second half. The first goal should've never happened, but the second goal was earned. I could bring the refs into this(and for good reason), but I see no point.

Spring Valley is a good team, and I wish them the best the rest of the way.

As for the Aiken seniors, there's a lot to be proud of. They carried their team from being unranked to the upperstate finals last year, and took the state by storm in just the first two games this year. Had we not lost our starting left midfielder early in the season, had our starting fullback not tore his ACL against Ridge View, and had our starting midfielder not been playing at 75% after hurting his ankle against Ridge View, I think we're looking at a state championship. With an already thin lineup, injuries and dismissals cost us a lot, and they played admirably even without those guys. They weren't supposed to do anything the past two years, and they have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of with what they achieved along the way. Tough way to end a great season, but that's how it goes in the playoffs. Could've been a lot worse, could've been a lot better. Again, nothing to be ashamed of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"All the SA guys I've talked to say that SV isn't very good, and that we should beat them rather easily"

Guess the SA guys were wrong, Head.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, they weren't. SV really isn't that good, and against my will, I think NW won't find too much trouble in beating them. I certainly hope SV brings home a state championship, but no, those SA guys were right. We didn't beat them easily, but it was looking that way for a good 60 minutes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well... justice has been served.... the two biggest trash-talking, self-praising 4A teams, Aiken and South Aiken, are both eliminated... THERE IS A GOD

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard