Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, I talk trash. That's it. Aiken's been hyped up plenty, but that was well-deserved. As for South Aiken, they'll be back next year and probably return the most talent in the state. Aiken's a different story, but we'll return some talent as well. We had a nice run again this year, but came up a little short. I'm just glad to see that so many people on this board can be good sports about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the game and NO, you did not handle spring valley easily. IN the first half no one really dominated and it was probably the worst half of soccer I have ever seen out of either team. Very pitiful. When SV put away their first goal to tie it, they controlled the remainder of the game and their is no question to that. Aiken is a good team, but not a great team. SV is a good team, but not a great team. IN my opinion both teams played equally as hard last night and the win could have gone either way. SV has an unlucky history of choking late in the playoffs...they're next game should be very interesting. (Aiken seems lately to be one to choke late in the playoffs too.) Great game to watch (the second half at least). Sorry to Aiken, well done on your season, go ahead and start glorifing next year's team. SV good luck to you against NW.

coach
OP Offline
coach
Head,
I still believe that playing only 17 total games and no tournaments during the season did not prepare you for the tough playoffs. 9 more games played by SV. Thats more than half your season. I know that SV is not a great team and it was proven that Aiken did not deserve its high ranking. But the boys at NW will take care of SV Wed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their infamous attitudes and language are no joke.

World Cup
World Cup
Boys at NW? I thought you had kids in a Columbia club? Are you a patriot's fan too?

J
Brace
Brace
J
2004striker,
So, your boys are going to "take care of" Irmo in the finals? If I remember correctly it was your boys that got it handed to them pretty soundly in the last Irmo Northwestern meeting. That was a while ago, and both teams are playing solid soccer now. I would say there is a chance for SV to upset NW if they look too far ahead. I know Irmo is planning on a tough game against HH and aren't looking too far ahead as of yet. I wouldn't mind seeing an Irmo NW match up again for the state championship.

coach
OP Offline
coach
Soccerboy,
Yes, I would like to see a NW-Irmo final as well. Irmo needs to be careful v. HH and not lose anyone to red cards with their conduct. NW has too many strong/skilled seniors for SV. I think SV will be very strong next year. If Irmo/NW make the final, it will be a battle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by 2004striker:
Head,
I still believe that playing only 17 total games and no tournaments during the season did not prepare you for the tough playoffs. 9 more games played by SV. Thats more than half your season. I know that SV is not a great team and it was proven that Aiken did not deserve its high ranking. But my boys at NW will take care of SV Wed. and then the bleach-blonde boys of Irmo on Sat.(if they survive HH). The refs need to watch for the infamous Irmo attitudes and language on Wed.

your "boys" will take care of both these teams? you're awfully cocky. it'll be funny when your "boys" lose to SV. keep up the cocky attitude.....i guarantee you won't win state. you're just as bad as anyone from irmo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The outcomes of the remaining playoff matches will be decided on the field by the players and coaches. It is pretty pointless to try and predetermine the results of the matches, especially on a message board. Rest assured that every coach and player of the remaining teams will be prepared to achieve a favorable result. While I am sure that all teams appreciate the support from the posters on this site, it once again serves no beneficial purpose to criticize another team or player, especially if the poster is not directly associated with the team that he/she supports. This only creates a negative perception of the supported program in the minds of others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
would people stop saying "its obvious who the better team was" or "we dominated the whole game" when they lose?

The better teams and domination are decided by who wins the game... if you lose you'd be better off saying nice game, we had our chances and couldnt finish, good luck.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard