Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#18703 05/11/04 12:12 AM
coach
OP Offline
coach
Any predictions? (Except from the Aiken folks)
I think SV 2-1. Then SV and Irmo will lose to Northwestern Wed. and Sat. (But look for a war with a bunch of cards in the Irmo-HH game. Especially when HH takes the lead in the first half. Some Irmo bleach-heads may not see the Sat. game)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 SV-1 Aiken
Aiken fell off!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice call striker

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the home field decided? Their is an H above spring valleys bracket so does that mean they would have the home field even though NW is a 1 seed?

coach
OP Offline
coach
The bracket also says that the higher region finish is the host- Northwestern. Aiken did not prevail because they played a short schedule 17 games v. 26 for Spring Valley. Also they did not have as tough a schedule as SV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did not prevail because they were not as good of a team as Spring Valley is. That is the bottom line and was very evident tonight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Aiken did not prevail because they played a short schedule 17 games v. 26 for Spring Valley. Also they did not have as tough a schedule as SV"

"They did not prevail because they were not as good of a team as Spring Valley is. That is the bottom line and was very evident tonight."

And both of you are talking out of your asses. I'll start by saying that Aiken is and was better than Spring Valley. THAT was evident tonight. The fact that we played a certain amount of games had absolutely nothing to do with us losing. Our schedule was not the toughest in the state, but we played some very good teams throughout the season, and beat a large majority of them.

We lost because of a 3 minute breakdown late in the second half. The first goal should've never happened, but the second goal was earned. I could bring the refs into this(and for good reason), but I see no point.

Spring Valley is a good team, and I wish them the best the rest of the way.

As for the Aiken seniors, there's a lot to be proud of. They carried their team from being unranked to the upperstate finals last year, and took the state by storm in just the first two games this year. Had we not lost our starting left midfielder early in the season, had our starting fullback not tore his ACL against Ridge View, and had our starting midfielder not been playing at 75% after hurting his ankle against Ridge View, I think we're looking at a state championship. With an already thin lineup, injuries and dismissals cost us a lot, and they played admirably even without those guys. They weren't supposed to do anything the past two years, and they have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of with what they achieved along the way. Tough way to end a great season, but that's how it goes in the playoffs. Could've been a lot worse, could've been a lot better. Again, nothing to be ashamed of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"All the SA guys I've talked to say that SV isn't very good, and that we should beat them rather easily"

Guess the SA guys were wrong, Head.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, they weren't. SV really isn't that good, and against my will, I think NW won't find too much trouble in beating them. I certainly hope SV brings home a state championship, but no, those SA guys were right. We didn't beat them easily, but it was looking that way for a good 60 minutes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well... justice has been served.... the two biggest trash-talking, self-praising 4A teams, Aiken and South Aiken, are both eliminated... THERE IS A GOD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, I talk trash. That's it. Aiken's been hyped up plenty, but that was well-deserved. As for South Aiken, they'll be back next year and probably return the most talent in the state. Aiken's a different story, but we'll return some talent as well. We had a nice run again this year, but came up a little short. I'm just glad to see that so many people on this board can be good sports about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the game and NO, you did not handle spring valley easily. IN the first half no one really dominated and it was probably the worst half of soccer I have ever seen out of either team. Very pitiful. When SV put away their first goal to tie it, they controlled the remainder of the game and their is no question to that. Aiken is a good team, but not a great team. SV is a good team, but not a great team. IN my opinion both teams played equally as hard last night and the win could have gone either way. SV has an unlucky history of choking late in the playoffs...they're next game should be very interesting. (Aiken seems lately to be one to choke late in the playoffs too.) Great game to watch (the second half at least). Sorry to Aiken, well done on your season, go ahead and start glorifing next year's team. SV good luck to you against NW.

coach
OP Offline
coach
Head,
I still believe that playing only 17 total games and no tournaments during the season did not prepare you for the tough playoffs. 9 more games played by SV. Thats more than half your season. I know that SV is not a great team and it was proven that Aiken did not deserve its high ranking. But the boys at NW will take care of SV Wed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their infamous attitudes and language are no joke.

World Cup
World Cup
Boys at NW? I thought you had kids in a Columbia club? Are you a patriot's fan too?

J
Brace
Brace
J
2004striker,
So, your boys are going to "take care of" Irmo in the finals? If I remember correctly it was your boys that got it handed to them pretty soundly in the last Irmo Northwestern meeting. That was a while ago, and both teams are playing solid soccer now. I would say there is a chance for SV to upset NW if they look too far ahead. I know Irmo is planning on a tough game against HH and aren't looking too far ahead as of yet. I wouldn't mind seeing an Irmo NW match up again for the state championship.

coach
OP Offline
coach
Soccerboy,
Yes, I would like to see a NW-Irmo final as well. Irmo needs to be careful v. HH and not lose anyone to red cards with their conduct. NW has too many strong/skilled seniors for SV. I think SV will be very strong next year. If Irmo/NW make the final, it will be a battle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by 2004striker:
Head,
I still believe that playing only 17 total games and no tournaments during the season did not prepare you for the tough playoffs. 9 more games played by SV. Thats more than half your season. I know that SV is not a great team and it was proven that Aiken did not deserve its high ranking. But my boys at NW will take care of SV Wed. and then the bleach-blonde boys of Irmo on Sat.(if they survive HH). The refs need to watch for the infamous Irmo attitudes and language on Wed.

your "boys" will take care of both these teams? you're awfully cocky. it'll be funny when your "boys" lose to SV. keep up the cocky attitude.....i guarantee you won't win state. you're just as bad as anyone from irmo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The outcomes of the remaining playoff matches will be decided on the field by the players and coaches. It is pretty pointless to try and predetermine the results of the matches, especially on a message board. Rest assured that every coach and player of the remaining teams will be prepared to achieve a favorable result. While I am sure that all teams appreciate the support from the posters on this site, it once again serves no beneficial purpose to criticize another team or player, especially if the poster is not directly associated with the team that he/she supports. This only creates a negative perception of the supported program in the minds of others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
would people stop saying "its obvious who the better team was" or "we dominated the whole game" when they lose?

The better teams and domination are decided by who wins the game... if you lose you'd be better off saying nice game, we had our chances and couldnt finish, good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
G & W, do you really want me to respond to you that badly? The reason I said we were the better team(not that we "dominated the game") is because a couple people got a little too excited and started talking about how Aiken lost because Spring Valley was obviously the better team. That's not true, nor is what you said. Who wins the game is decided by who scores the most goals, not by who the better team is. All your little "the better team always wins" crap is a load. Aiken was the better team, Spring Valley benefited from a couple mistakes. You suck and your team sucks. Get over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pretty harsh words there, nothing to get into a hissy over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No hissy fit here. It's been a long time coming. It's hard not to notice that G & W strongly believes that he is the second coming of Jesus Christ. I've ignored some of the directly indirect remarks from him, but it gets rather annoying.

And again, let me reiterate that I have the utmost respect for Spring Valley and I wish them all the luck in the world against NW. But when I think someone's wrong, I'm gonna say something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know who 2004 Striker is or even if you are a player, but you spend an awful lot of time on this board blasting other teams and other players. Did you not make your team or something like that and no you have a grudge? Don't you have something more productive to do, like study?

coach
OP Offline
coach
Study?? Whats that?? I think you have me mixed up with Headboy. He is the one doing all the bashing. My comments are all well prepared and thought through weeks prior to being posted. I bashed only one team, Irmo. Not for their skill or abilities, but for what goes on inside their heads. They could be the best thing since grits and gravy, but its hard to pull for them based on their antics and conduct. No other team plays and behaves like they do. Just play soccer boys and leave your attitudes in your shorts.

World Cup
World Cup
Gross. Just gross.

Good luck both teams and congrats on the good season Aiken.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rather wish I didn't see a back-handed swipe at South Aiken there. Now in all honesty, if they were what they are acccused of then the poster who stated it would of gotten bashed to no end by a bunch of self-serving posters full of themselves. But alas, that's not to be. I wish Spring Valley well in their quest for a title and I'm sorry if the previous poster didn't get his rise out of bashing South Aiken. there will be a next year and it looks promising for the boys on the Southside.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HeadcaseDO, I dont believe i am "the second coming of Jesus Christ" nor can i remember saying anything to you on this board. It seems like you're the one that needs to get over the Aiken loss, not me, and for the record you obviously suck (you aren't a player) and my team is pretty decent... we lost to SV too by one goal.

SV scored more goals than Aiken, Aiken is out, dont waste your time with technicalities. You can tell everybody on this board how much better Aiken was than SV till you're blue in the face but in the end you guys were turning in your uniforms while they were practicing for the next round, they have the last laugh.

Look at the bright side: Now that Aiken is out maybe you can get around to marrying Aikens goalie that you have such a huge crush on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least he's a quality goalie on a quality team. When you actually play a position in any sport where you don't sit on your ass the entire game, then come talk **** to me about people sucking. Until then, you just remain a no-name goalie on a no-name team.

And for what it's worth, my original post had a lot more to do with congratulating both the Aiken and Spring Valley players than putting anyone or any team down. If you weren't convinced that you are the greatest thing on the planet, then you wouldn't waste half your day trying to impress people over the internet with your wisdom and good sportsmanship. When I need input from you, I'll ask. Until then, keep quiet.

coach
OP Offline
coach
Headboy!! Be nice!! At least Aiken made the Red Neck league playoffs. Next year you might try playing more than 15 games in a full season and try a couple of tournaments as well. That would prepare you for the possible post-season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wouldn't surprise me to see Aiken left out of the playoffs next year. We've got a very talented incoming freshman class, but until that talent develops, don't expect much from Aiken.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who watched the Aiken vs. Spring Valley game and has an unbiased opinion will agree with me that the better team won that game. The game went back and forth the entire game with neither team really dominating possesion. Aiken definitely did not live up to the gods of soccer that headstrong describes them as. I believe that the lack of success that both Aiken and South Aiken had in the playoffs proves that the Irmo game was a fluke and that both teams are overrated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hell no... the aiken irmo game was not a fluke... Rob Victor and Skylar Reardon tore irmo apart,i was there they both had 2 goals apiece irmo just simply couldnt stop those two,Aikens backs were too tough for irmos "star" spohmores to get bye.. Losing Bryce was the end of Aikens season. Spring Valley got bye easily, face it Aiken was missing two of its top players and two had injuries. They were just not the same as at the beggening of the season, when they dominated irmo. Aiken would have been state champs if they would have had there whole team. But hey, sh*t happends
south aiken and aiken, nor the fire players are overrated.
South Aiken will win the state next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HeadcaseDo... would you mind giving me your impressive soccer resume?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring Valley has a really good team, they played hard. At the end of the game, their keeper made a heck of a save on a PK, stopped it with his leg.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
06, no. First we made you look better than you were late in the second half. And second, like gol said, we were beaten up when we played. Had you caught us at the beginning of the season, I guarantee you Aiken wins by at least 2.

Adding on to the lead has been a problem for us all season, and it came back to bite us against SV.

G & W, here's my resume.

I can punt a soccer ball, I can dive in the air to either my left or my right to stop a soccer ball from going by me, I can reach a feasible decibal level with my voice, and I can stand in place for 90 minutes straight.

Again, when you're a somebody on a real team, then talk ****. Until then, you're not just a goalie, but a goalie who no one has ever heard of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All i see you talking about is What If's, give it up you are out of the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that's all you see me talking about, then I think your reading comprehension should be a bigger concern than a conversation which doesn't involve you. Just my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In that 2nd to last post you made on here, never once did you give credit to Spring Valley being a good team, which they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so headcase, you didnt answer my question... since you're keeper skills are so good... how many saves did you have? If playing keep is too easy for your skill level how many goals did you score?

what is your name? You must be somebody important since you have the authority to call people no names.

The fact is you cant even reach nobody status... you actually have to participate to be a nobody.

Aikens out, deal with it, count up all of the seasons stats, and call it a day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
06, no. First we made you look better than you were late in the second half. And second, like gol said, we were beaten up when we played. Had you caught us at the beginning of the season, I guarantee you Aiken wins by at least 2.

Wow, read those excuses. Great teams don't complain about crap like that even when they do lose to teams. I also think it is funny that your team bases their whole seasons success almost solely on their win against Irmo. Hey guess what?...your out. [Frown]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. There isn't ONE halfway intelligent human being outside of Aiken on this board.

"Great teams don't complain about crap like that even when they do lose to teams"

???

Is there some kind of rulebook where you saw that?

We were down two VERY important players, and we had probably the thinnest bench in all of South Carolina. Add to that the fact that our center mid(one of our best guys, and a huge part of how well we play) was 75% at best, and it's hard to not bring injuries into play. I don't care if it's a "what-if". It's still true.

"I also think it is funny that" people seem to base our whole season around the Irmo game, when at the same time, it doesn't mean much to us. We beat Irmo by two goals in our second game of the season, we beat Greenwood by two goals twice, we beat South Aiken twice, went undefeated in region play, and we beat one of the top 10 AAAAA teams in Georgia rather easily. We won two games in the playoffs, including one against probably the classiest program in the state. If it wasn't for a fluke loss against Dreher, we'd have had the only perfect season in the state. I'd say that we have a little more to be proud of than stomping a bunch of bleach-headed girls.

And guess what. "Your" implies ownership, while "you're" is a contraction of the words "you" and "are". One of those two would be correct when telling someone that they're "out". Try again.

trojan, first of all, stay with one topic. First it was using what-ifs, now it's not giving credit to Spring Valley.

Second, wtf are you talking about? I didn't give credit to Spring Valley in that post because there was no place for it(not to mention I had already done it numerous times). I think I've made it rather evident that I thought SV had a good team and that I was pulling for them against NW. If you couldn't comprehend that, then it's neither of our faults. More your's than mine, though.

G & W, drop the rhetorical ****. I didn't play soccer this year, nor do I wish I had. I've never played organized soccer in my life, nor do I wish I had. However, you're a goalie talking **** about how good you are at soccer. Not just a really good goalie talking ****, but a no-name goalie on a ****ty team. YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING. You stand there the entire game and try to stop a ball from going behind you. That takes no soccer ability whatsoever. I could go to the gym and pull 15-20 random people playing basketball up there and 15-20 of them would make great goalies. In terms of physical demands, goalie is the easiest position in nearly any sport. That's like a punter talking **** about someone sucking at football. All he does is catch the ball and punt it while the other guys are out there busting their asses. Sound familiar? What's even worse is that half your posts are downplaying other goalies and making fun of people for talking about them. Guess what! If you didn't suck, people would talk about YOU as well!!!! I understand goalie is a very important position, but ****, you aren't called upon but 5 or 6 times a game. When you're as talented as someone like Goose, Calder, or Carlisle, then run your mouth all you want.

"what is your name? You must be somebody important since you have the authority to call people no names."

You can call me Biggie. And yes, I'm a somebody. Ask around at West Florence a little and I'm sure someone can tell you about me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless you are still trying to make excuses for a game that happened almost a week ago, no one cares anymore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So strictly because i am a keeper my opinion dosen't count because playing keeper takes no soccer skill whatsoever... and you know a lot about soccer and what its like to play keeper since you have never even played organized soccer, let alone a high level of soccer, in your life? Ohhh, alright i get it.

You should set your goals a little higher man, maybe you should've actually given soccer a try somewhere down the line. I'm sure its a lot better than setting your goal at being the stat boy for a high school soccer team.

You have never seen me play in your life, all you have seen is the keepers aiken has played against while you were taking stats on the bench. Please copy and paste any quote i made about how good i am because i cant recall a time that has happened. I have never said i was good or amoung the top keepers in the state... I think i'm half way decent. I'd probably be a lot better or well known if i played for a high profile high school or club team but i dont, which means i also dont have the luxary of the stat boy on my team bragging about how great i am.

... and you know what, i dosent matter how good i am, or how good you assume i am b/c when i post something on this board it means a heck of a lot more than some stupid, good for nothing STATBOY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
headcase: "If it wasn't for a fluke loss against Dreher, we'd have had the only perfect season in the state."

The only fluke loss was when you beat Irmo. Dreher, Spring Valley, and Irmo are all much better teams than Aiken. If yall were to play Irmo tomorrow they would beat you by 5 goals easily. South Aiken's lack of success in the playoffs only proves on thing, that they are overrated which proves that Aiken was overrated as well. Don't go making excuses for you team; Aiken is not the only team that has had to battle through adversity in the playoffs. Great teams make plays not excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by soccerkid06:
headcase: "If it wasn't for a fluke loss against Dreher, we'd have had the only perfect season in the state."

The only fluke loss was when you beat Irmo. Dreher, Spring Valley, and Irmo are all much better teams than Aiken. If yall were to play Irmo tomorrow they would beat you by 5 goals easily. South Aiken's lack of success in the playoffs only proves on thing, that they are overrated which proves that Aiken was overrated as well. Don't go making excuses for you team; Aiken is not the only team that has had to battle through adversity in the playoffs. Great teams make plays not excuses.

you think when we beat irmo, that it was a fluke? i'd like to hear how it was a fluke. how could such a "super-power" like irmo lose to a team like aiken? i'm pretty sure irmo had all their guys that night. no injuries or anything. yup, they lost with a full roster. no fluke....we are just a better team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree with calcio's remark on the SV and Aiken game. I wanted to leave after the first half but I stuck around to watch a decent second half, but I must admit I wanted PK's. Waterboy the better teams last in the playoffs. Irmo was hoping for a rematch because the first game was a fluke, but as we see that wont happen so please do us all a favor and keep your mouth shut and come watch Irmo and Northwestern play for the state championship. Good luck boys, I'll be there rooting for y'all. [Big Grin]

C
kick off
kick off
C
Just for the record Spring Valley lost a starting senior defender midway through the season to a broken leg, lost a frequent starting midfielder in the first round of the playoffs to a broken collarbone, and had another season-long starting senior defender sustain a hamstring injury in the second round of the playoffs who then only played injured and in a limited sub's role.

Spring Valley is to be congratulated on a great year. It was a real team effort against the toughest schedule of any 4A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by IrmoKillahBeez:
I totally agree with calcio's remark on the SV and Aiken game. I wanted to leave after the first half but I stuck around to watch a decent second half, but I must admit I wanted PK's. Waterboy the better teams last in the playoffs. Irmo was hoping for a rematch because the first game was a fluke, but as we see that wont happen so please do us all a favor and keep your mouth shut and come watch Irmo and Northwestern play for the state championship. Good luck boys, I'll be there rooting for y'all. [Big Grin]

i'd still like to hear how it was a fluke. i haven't gotten an answer yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who were the injured players for Spring Valley?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waterboy you said it yourself...

quote:
you think when we beat irmo, that it was a fluke? i'd like to hear how it was a fluke. how could such a "super-power" like irmo lose to a team like aiken? i'm pretty sure irmo had all their guys that night. no injuries or anything. yup, they lost with a full roster.
Irmo was beaten by a team "like aiken" with a full roster. This justifies a fluke. If Irmo had not had a full roster it would not have been a fluke. I don't think you understand the meaning of the word fluke. You are just making yourself look dumb (concerning your use of the word fluke). The best team in 4A will be determined tonight and this is no fluke. So stop posting stupid crap about how your team coulda....shoulda....woulda....but didn't. Your annoying....go fluke yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when Spring Valley beats Aiken THAT is a fluke, and Aiken was the better team but when Aiken beats Irmo (a team that has breezed through the playoffs and are playing for the state championship tonight) Aiken is the better team. Well, when you put it that way without the fluke loss to Spring Valley Aiken would've breezed through the state championship game tonight.

I get it now, thanks for clearing that up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry--but this really bothers me when any team writes this. Having an injured player is a sorry excuse for losing. Saying we would have beat you had so and so not whatever...is ridiculous considering virtually any team you look at probably has at least one injured player. Soccer is a rough sport and you need a deep bench. Your team includes your bench and you need to be prepared for injuries. Just my opinion.... (And by the way, some of SV's better players were also injured.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LE, the injuries were:
broken leg=Tito
collarbone-R.J. Catarino
hamstring=Adam Wells

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by Calcio:
Waterboy you said it yourself...

quote:
you think when we beat irmo, that it was a fluke? i'd like to hear how it was a fluke. how could such a "super-power" like irmo lose to a team like aiken? i'm pretty sure irmo had all their guys that night. no injuries or anything. yup, they lost with a full roster.
Irmo was beaten by a team "like aiken" with a full roster. This justifies a fluke. If Irmo had not had a full roster it would not have been a fluke. I don't think you understand the meaning of the word fluke. You are just making yourself look dumb (concerning your use of the word fluke). The best team in 4A will be determined tonight and this is no fluke. So stop posting stupid crap about how your team coulda....shoulda....woulda....but didn't. Your annoying....go fluke yourself.
that's funny, never once did i write anything about the fact that we "coulda" been state champs. i want to know how the hell the win we had against irmo was a fluke. i could see it being called a fluke if we won 2-1 by a pk or something, but not 4-2. that's not a fluke my son. that's domination.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didnt write about how you coulda been state champs either...read a little closer. =) all I said was "your team coulda..." I didn't finish the sentence. Imply what you want, you're just making yourself sound dumber.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waterboy, Aiken played a good game that night, but that was Irmo's worst game of the season for some reason. Y'all might have dominated that game but if the 2 teams were to play again, and if I were a betting man, I would go "all in" in favor of Irmo. Y'all caught us on an off night congrats. Now stop whining because we are still in the playoffs and y'all are not, it is ok to be jealous my son! [Eek!]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow.... everyone from Aiken needs to just shutup and stop making excuses. If it makes you feel better on the inside than you can continue to think that yall "dominated" Irmo, but I can gaurantee you one thing; no one from Irmo cares if you think so because they have a state championship game to play in and Aiken didn't even make it to the final four. That in itself proves who the better team is and was. If you wanna keep making excuses and tell yourself you were the better team go right ahead, but everyone who is not from Aiken realizes who the better team is and that team will be playing in a state champioship game not watching it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the back-up soccerkid! To the people in Aiken who still think they are better than Irmo, that is kind of hard to say considering Irmo just won state for back to back years & watch out for next year to be a 3peat. In the playoffs you either put up or shut up, and yall didnt put up so SSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. I knew you were all ****ing morons, but I didn't realize it was that bad. To be frank, Spring Valley sucked, and we played our ****tiest game of the year against them. Injuries or not, we didn't play worse than that in any game this season. SV sucked. Shoulda woulda coulda, I don't give a ****. We were better, even with all the injuries and whatnot.

The reason the whole thing started is because a few dumbasses who got overexcited after the win started talking **** about how great SV was and how Aiken was overrated and wasn't good in the first place. We lost one game, and it was after we lost one of our top players(and a key player from the most efficient part of our team), had a guy playing a whole new position on defense, had our midfielder limping around the entire game, played on perhaps the ****tiest field in all of South Carolina(4A at least), and SV still needed the refs to win. **** "what ifs", SV was lucky. VERY lucky. If those two teams were to play each other at full health on practically any other field and under any other circumstances, Aiken wins with ease. I don't care who watched the game, who saw what, what could've happened. Aiken would win hands down. That's as direct as I can possibly be.

As for Irmo, congrats on the state championship, and I'm sure that means a lot more to you than any regular season game. But since I'm in the mood, I feel obligated to let everyone know that Irmo doesn't mean **** to Aiken. We went in their house and stomped them. They had their gayass pregame music and handing out of candy or whatever the **** it was, and expected us to be intimidated and go down easy. We proceeded to win every ball, make their whole team look a group of $2 *****s, and laugh in their faces as we did it. If we were to play again, Irmo would be lucky to score a goal, and we'd **** all over them like we did during the regular season. State champions or not, anyone who saw the game knows that's true. We'll never get the chance to see it, but that doesn't bother Irmo, and it sure as hell doesn't bother Aiken.

In the playoffs, you either get a couple lucky bounces, or you get a couple unlucky bounces. Unfortunately, we'd ****ed up when we couldn't afford to. Case in point, that has nothing to do with how good either Aiken or South Aiken is, and I think it's ****ing retarded to thing otherwise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regular season games are much like a scrimmage and are meaningless when compared to a playoff game. In the playoffs, the pressure is higher the further you go. They would have lost, whether it was SV, NW, HH, or Irmo. Those are the 4 top team in the state, no question.

Congratulations to NW on a fabulous run to the title game, and a great effort in th final. Also to Irmo for a great and memorable season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Headstrong, hey boy, sorry that your AIKEN team lost to such an "inferior team" such as SV. But as they say, "Stuff happens." Your guys can take solace in that they defeated the eventual state champs in head-to-head play. That's an accomplishment. SV's accomplishment is that they defeated the then-ranked #1 team in the state. I'm sure they derive some satisfaction from that. They were the better team that night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by Berserker:
Headstrong, hey boy, sorry that your AIKEN team lost to such an "inferior team" such as SV. But as they say, "Stuff happens." Your guys can take solace in that they defeated the eventual state champs in head-to-head play. That's an accomplishment. SV's accomplishment is that they defeated the then-ranked #1 team in the state. I'm sure they derive some satisfaction from that. They were the better team that night.

you know, i don't usually like blaming refs for us losing a game, but in this case, i will. and you all can say whatever the hell you want, this ref had the most ridiculous calls i've ever seen. they were so bad that it seemed as if someone paid the guy to make these ****ty calls. one of his wonderful calls cost us a goal. one of our defenders and an SV offender were going for the ball; the SV offender clearly kicked the ball out of bounds. guess what? he called it in their favor and gave them the throw in. that throw in cost us one goal. btw, the refs on the sidelines did a really ****ty job of calling offsides as well. the man i was covering was offsides a number of times when the ball was crossed to him. too bad the kid was too slow. i don't give a damn if you think i'm making up excuses; but to hear someone say that SV was the better team that night is just plain wrong. it's called luck. yeah, that and having the ref on your side.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Headcase, just stop... the more you talk to more bitter you sound.

First of all stop referring to Aiken as "we" you aren't a player. You dont win the head balls, you dont score the goals... you might laugh at teams like Irmo after you beat them but i'm sure they laugh at you even more b/c you're a stat boy.

You can brag about how great "you" are but FAiken lost to SV when it counted and all the excuses you can make cant change it. You might have been a better team 9 days out of 10 but you weren't in the playoffs. You can take the glory you got from beating Irmo in the regular season and remember it for the rest of your lives but when they look back they wont be thinking about how great Aiken was, they will be thinking about their back to back state championships.

Great teams win in the playoffs, plain and simple. If you dont win in the playoffs you have no right to talk about how much better you were than the teams that went deeper than you b/c you couldn't even win when it mattered the most. Aiken and Spring Valley knew it was win or go home and Spring Valley left with the win (Win - scoring more goals than the other team).

Everyone else seems to grasp this concept except for you... maybe its not all of us that have the problem, maybe its you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is ridiculous. Let's all just let it go. This is why I quit high school soccer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow... now we are blaming the refs? No one is safe from the wrath of Aiken's excuses. Who is next? Might as well just blame the loss on me, because I think everyone and everything else has already been blamed. Please just be quiet and live with the fact that yall got beat by Spring Valley and the team yall "dominated" won the state championship and yall are a bunch of self proclaimed all stars and thats it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soccerkid06, just a concern. do you have something against South Aiken to make three seperate comments degrading them? Did somebody from those guys rub you the wrong way or make some disparaging commment to your team? And for another observation. Who are ALL these people from Aiken. I see one primarily in this thread. That would be like myself making a harsh judgement on another team and every other team in that same city based solely on one person's comments. I give great props to Spring valley for their run, Irmo for their fifteenth title, and TL Hanna for knocking off my SA boys in the first round. I just don't appreciate seeing comments directed at my team when we don't even have a dog in this fight. You guys argue with Headstrong all you like. He's a big boy and can take care of himself. Just leave SA out of it because they aren't in this fight. Aiken, Spring Valley, and Irmo are all very good teams and deserveaccolades for their seasons, not a constant stream of just how "lucky" or "fluke their season's were. It isn't pure luck to beat a team as good as Irmo or Aiken. You have to be very good too. Even if there are injuries or "Bad" games to account for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aww...SAHS is truly a voice of reason! Hooray for whoever you are!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are all the Aiken players still complaining about this game? Aiken lost, and Spring Valley lost in the following round.. so why is this of any concern to anyone now? Spring Valley played a better game or else they wouldn't have won.. You can't place the blame on the referees. The officials in the Lexington V Greenwood game were the worst I've seen in my highschool career and there's nothing more you can do about it than play the game. Spring Valley took it to Lexington in the second round and showed who was the better team. If you're an under-classman.. then you should celebrate your successful season and prepare for next year.. if not.. then life moves on just like it does with everyone else. Why show how sore losers you can be after the playoffs are over and done. It makes both you and your school look bad. Irmo won it all and whether Aiken had defeated Spring Valley or not it would not have guarenteed them a championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, what sokerfan said!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey, waterboy, first of all, i really can't believe you actually blamed a game on the refs on a message board. that might be the most embarrassing thing you could have said publicly. read which section you are in. i believe this is the high school section that i think you may have confused with the jv section. i thought you stopped blaming refs about the middle school age. but i guess not.
and also,im sure irmo would much rather trade a regular season loss for a RING. thats what separates irmo from you. you are satisfied and happy that you beat irmo in a regular season match and irmo learned from that game and turned their season around, and brought home another state championship. so congrats on a well played game in the regular season, but im sure irmo's last impression of the season wasnt losing to you. i believe it went something like holding up a state championship trophy and ordering which ring they want to show off whenever they see you.
and personally, i know some kids from aiken,and they are pretty cool. so before you give everyone from aiken a bad name i would suggest that you shut up on this post.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard