Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
06, no. First we made you look better than you were late in the second half. And second, like gol said, we were beaten up when we played. Had you caught us at the beginning of the season, I guarantee you Aiken wins by at least 2.

Wow, read those excuses. Great teams don't complain about crap like that even when they do lose to teams. I also think it is funny that your team bases their whole seasons success almost solely on their win against Irmo. Hey guess what?...your out. [Frown]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. There isn't ONE halfway intelligent human being outside of Aiken on this board.

"Great teams don't complain about crap like that even when they do lose to teams"

???

Is there some kind of rulebook where you saw that?

We were down two VERY important players, and we had probably the thinnest bench in all of South Carolina. Add to that the fact that our center mid(one of our best guys, and a huge part of how well we play) was 75% at best, and it's hard to not bring injuries into play. I don't care if it's a "what-if". It's still true.

"I also think it is funny that" people seem to base our whole season around the Irmo game, when at the same time, it doesn't mean much to us. We beat Irmo by two goals in our second game of the season, we beat Greenwood by two goals twice, we beat South Aiken twice, went undefeated in region play, and we beat one of the top 10 AAAAA teams in Georgia rather easily. We won two games in the playoffs, including one against probably the classiest program in the state. If it wasn't for a fluke loss against Dreher, we'd have had the only perfect season in the state. I'd say that we have a little more to be proud of than stomping a bunch of bleach-headed girls.

And guess what. "Your" implies ownership, while "you're" is a contraction of the words "you" and "are". One of those two would be correct when telling someone that they're "out". Try again.

trojan, first of all, stay with one topic. First it was using what-ifs, now it's not giving credit to Spring Valley.

Second, wtf are you talking about? I didn't give credit to Spring Valley in that post because there was no place for it(not to mention I had already done it numerous times). I think I've made it rather evident that I thought SV had a good team and that I was pulling for them against NW. If you couldn't comprehend that, then it's neither of our faults. More your's than mine, though.

G & W, drop the rhetorical ****. I didn't play soccer this year, nor do I wish I had. I've never played organized soccer in my life, nor do I wish I had. However, you're a goalie talking **** about how good you are at soccer. Not just a really good goalie talking ****, but a no-name goalie on a ****ty team. YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING. You stand there the entire game and try to stop a ball from going behind you. That takes no soccer ability whatsoever. I could go to the gym and pull 15-20 random people playing basketball up there and 15-20 of them would make great goalies. In terms of physical demands, goalie is the easiest position in nearly any sport. That's like a punter talking **** about someone sucking at football. All he does is catch the ball and punt it while the other guys are out there busting their asses. Sound familiar? What's even worse is that half your posts are downplaying other goalies and making fun of people for talking about them. Guess what! If you didn't suck, people would talk about YOU as well!!!! I understand goalie is a very important position, but ****, you aren't called upon but 5 or 6 times a game. When you're as talented as someone like Goose, Calder, or Carlisle, then run your mouth all you want.

"what is your name? You must be somebody important since you have the authority to call people no names."

You can call me Biggie. And yes, I'm a somebody. Ask around at West Florence a little and I'm sure someone can tell you about me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless you are still trying to make excuses for a game that happened almost a week ago, no one cares anymore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So strictly because i am a keeper my opinion dosen't count because playing keeper takes no soccer skill whatsoever... and you know a lot about soccer and what its like to play keeper since you have never even played organized soccer, let alone a high level of soccer, in your life? Ohhh, alright i get it.

You should set your goals a little higher man, maybe you should've actually given soccer a try somewhere down the line. I'm sure its a lot better than setting your goal at being the stat boy for a high school soccer team.

You have never seen me play in your life, all you have seen is the keepers aiken has played against while you were taking stats on the bench. Please copy and paste any quote i made about how good i am because i cant recall a time that has happened. I have never said i was good or amoung the top keepers in the state... I think i'm half way decent. I'd probably be a lot better or well known if i played for a high profile high school or club team but i dont, which means i also dont have the luxary of the stat boy on my team bragging about how great i am.

... and you know what, i dosent matter how good i am, or how good you assume i am b/c when i post something on this board it means a heck of a lot more than some stupid, good for nothing STATBOY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
headcase: "If it wasn't for a fluke loss against Dreher, we'd have had the only perfect season in the state."

The only fluke loss was when you beat Irmo. Dreher, Spring Valley, and Irmo are all much better teams than Aiken. If yall were to play Irmo tomorrow they would beat you by 5 goals easily. South Aiken's lack of success in the playoffs only proves on thing, that they are overrated which proves that Aiken was overrated as well. Don't go making excuses for you team; Aiken is not the only team that has had to battle through adversity in the playoffs. Great teams make plays not excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by soccerkid06:
headcase: "If it wasn't for a fluke loss against Dreher, we'd have had the only perfect season in the state."

The only fluke loss was when you beat Irmo. Dreher, Spring Valley, and Irmo are all much better teams than Aiken. If yall were to play Irmo tomorrow they would beat you by 5 goals easily. South Aiken's lack of success in the playoffs only proves on thing, that they are overrated which proves that Aiken was overrated as well. Don't go making excuses for you team; Aiken is not the only team that has had to battle through adversity in the playoffs. Great teams make plays not excuses.

you think when we beat irmo, that it was a fluke? i'd like to hear how it was a fluke. how could such a "super-power" like irmo lose to a team like aiken? i'm pretty sure irmo had all their guys that night. no injuries or anything. yup, they lost with a full roster. no fluke....we are just a better team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree with calcio's remark on the SV and Aiken game. I wanted to leave after the first half but I stuck around to watch a decent second half, but I must admit I wanted PK's. Waterboy the better teams last in the playoffs. Irmo was hoping for a rematch because the first game was a fluke, but as we see that wont happen so please do us all a favor and keep your mouth shut and come watch Irmo and Northwestern play for the state championship. Good luck boys, I'll be there rooting for y'all. [Big Grin]

C
kick off
kick off
C
Just for the record Spring Valley lost a starting senior defender midway through the season to a broken leg, lost a frequent starting midfielder in the first round of the playoffs to a broken collarbone, and had another season-long starting senior defender sustain a hamstring injury in the second round of the playoffs who then only played injured and in a limited sub's role.

Spring Valley is to be congratulated on a great year. It was a real team effort against the toughest schedule of any 4A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by IrmoKillahBeez:
I totally agree with calcio's remark on the SV and Aiken game. I wanted to leave after the first half but I stuck around to watch a decent second half, but I must admit I wanted PK's. Waterboy the better teams last in the playoffs. Irmo was hoping for a rematch because the first game was a fluke, but as we see that wont happen so please do us all a favor and keep your mouth shut and come watch Irmo and Northwestern play for the state championship. Good luck boys, I'll be there rooting for y'all. [Big Grin]

i'd still like to hear how it was a fluke. i haven't gotten an answer yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who were the injured players for Spring Valley?

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard