Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regular season games are much like a scrimmage and are meaningless when compared to a playoff game. In the playoffs, the pressure is higher the further you go. They would have lost, whether it was SV, NW, HH, or Irmo. Those are the 4 top team in the state, no question.

Congratulations to NW on a fabulous run to the title game, and a great effort in th final. Also to Irmo for a great and memorable season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Headstrong, hey boy, sorry that your AIKEN team lost to such an "inferior team" such as SV. But as they say, "Stuff happens." Your guys can take solace in that they defeated the eventual state champs in head-to-head play. That's an accomplishment. SV's accomplishment is that they defeated the then-ranked #1 team in the state. I'm sure they derive some satisfaction from that. They were the better team that night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by Berserker:
Headstrong, hey boy, sorry that your AIKEN team lost to such an "inferior team" such as SV. But as they say, "Stuff happens." Your guys can take solace in that they defeated the eventual state champs in head-to-head play. That's an accomplishment. SV's accomplishment is that they defeated the then-ranked #1 team in the state. I'm sure they derive some satisfaction from that. They were the better team that night.

you know, i don't usually like blaming refs for us losing a game, but in this case, i will. and you all can say whatever the hell you want, this ref had the most ridiculous calls i've ever seen. they were so bad that it seemed as if someone paid the guy to make these ****ty calls. one of his wonderful calls cost us a goal. one of our defenders and an SV offender were going for the ball; the SV offender clearly kicked the ball out of bounds. guess what? he called it in their favor and gave them the throw in. that throw in cost us one goal. btw, the refs on the sidelines did a really ****ty job of calling offsides as well. the man i was covering was offsides a number of times when the ball was crossed to him. too bad the kid was too slow. i don't give a damn if you think i'm making up excuses; but to hear someone say that SV was the better team that night is just plain wrong. it's called luck. yeah, that and having the ref on your side.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Headcase, just stop... the more you talk to more bitter you sound.

First of all stop referring to Aiken as "we" you aren't a player. You dont win the head balls, you dont score the goals... you might laugh at teams like Irmo after you beat them but i'm sure they laugh at you even more b/c you're a stat boy.

You can brag about how great "you" are but FAiken lost to SV when it counted and all the excuses you can make cant change it. You might have been a better team 9 days out of 10 but you weren't in the playoffs. You can take the glory you got from beating Irmo in the regular season and remember it for the rest of your lives but when they look back they wont be thinking about how great Aiken was, they will be thinking about their back to back state championships.

Great teams win in the playoffs, plain and simple. If you dont win in the playoffs you have no right to talk about how much better you were than the teams that went deeper than you b/c you couldn't even win when it mattered the most. Aiken and Spring Valley knew it was win or go home and Spring Valley left with the win (Win - scoring more goals than the other team).

Everyone else seems to grasp this concept except for you... maybe its not all of us that have the problem, maybe its you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is ridiculous. Let's all just let it go. This is why I quit high school soccer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow... now we are blaming the refs? No one is safe from the wrath of Aiken's excuses. Who is next? Might as well just blame the loss on me, because I think everyone and everything else has already been blamed. Please just be quiet and live with the fact that yall got beat by Spring Valley and the team yall "dominated" won the state championship and yall are a bunch of self proclaimed all stars and thats it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soccerkid06, just a concern. do you have something against South Aiken to make three seperate comments degrading them? Did somebody from those guys rub you the wrong way or make some disparaging commment to your team? And for another observation. Who are ALL these people from Aiken. I see one primarily in this thread. That would be like myself making a harsh judgement on another team and every other team in that same city based solely on one person's comments. I give great props to Spring valley for their run, Irmo for their fifteenth title, and TL Hanna for knocking off my SA boys in the first round. I just don't appreciate seeing comments directed at my team when we don't even have a dog in this fight. You guys argue with Headstrong all you like. He's a big boy and can take care of himself. Just leave SA out of it because they aren't in this fight. Aiken, Spring Valley, and Irmo are all very good teams and deserveaccolades for their seasons, not a constant stream of just how "lucky" or "fluke their season's were. It isn't pure luck to beat a team as good as Irmo or Aiken. You have to be very good too. Even if there are injuries or "Bad" games to account for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aww...SAHS is truly a voice of reason! Hooray for whoever you are!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are all the Aiken players still complaining about this game? Aiken lost, and Spring Valley lost in the following round.. so why is this of any concern to anyone now? Spring Valley played a better game or else they wouldn't have won.. You can't place the blame on the referees. The officials in the Lexington V Greenwood game were the worst I've seen in my highschool career and there's nothing more you can do about it than play the game. Spring Valley took it to Lexington in the second round and showed who was the better team. If you're an under-classman.. then you should celebrate your successful season and prepare for next year.. if not.. then life moves on just like it does with everyone else. Why show how sore losers you can be after the playoffs are over and done. It makes both you and your school look bad. Irmo won it all and whether Aiken had defeated Spring Valley or not it would not have guarenteed them a championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, what sokerfan said!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard