Eastside over Greenville 2-0 or 1-0...

#18810 05/12/04 07:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LE, why do you say this...any facts that support your predictions?

#18811 05/13/04 01:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i said this because eastside had 2 wins to 1 win over greenville already and also... through the playoff scores it was looking like eastside was entering the playoffs ready and on fire... with wins of 8-1, 7-0, and 2-0 over Riverside who held the No. 1 spot in 3A for quite some time... Greenville also had wins in playoffs of 6-1, 5-1, and 1-0 over a very skilled Daniel (i know they are skilled... lol... i saw it first hand as they decapitated my team...) I also saw Riverside play Norman North over spring break and they seemed pretty solid to me... I predicted riverside over eastside and the winner of that to move on... so that was where my prediction came from... but any day... any game with any team.. the outcome can change quick as anything... but i can say i definately did not expect a 6-2 win .... any details on this match??

#18812 05/13/04 02:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
our boys came to play

#18813 05/13/04 12:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It basically appeared as though Eastside didn't come to play. GHS moved the ball where they wanted and penetrated whenever they wanted to. There was almost no attack from the Eagles, maybe 2 or 3 good surges. But it was nothing compared to Greenville's constant surge. I think the early goals really broke their backs. I've never seen Greenville play this good all year, maybe even two years ago. If this team shows up in Columbia, the Upstate will have their 16th straight trophy rather handily.

#18814 05/13/04 02:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is awesome. congrats to greenville on this amazing win and i am glad that whoever came to win ... actually did. good luck on saturday...

#18815 05/14/04 04:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there was two goals in the first 13 minutes i beleive. and by half-time the score was already 3-1. ive heard that both of eastsides goalies were out due to injury and drug usage(again this is just rumor) so the jv keeper wsa in. both greenville just had a great game and finished very nicely. they scored three more in the second half. eastside did well enough considering they only had 3-4 organized attacks and still had 2 goals...greenville just had the will to take it though

#18816 05/14/04 04:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
regardless though... congrats to eastside on a great season and good luck next year.

#18817 05/13/04 06:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eastside actually had their starting keeper back from injury for this match.

#18818 05/13/04 08:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how were the goals scored? just curious... were they one-on-one's with the keeper, or blasts over the defense with the forwards racing the defenders to the ball, or corner, freekicks, penalty kicks, set plays in the game... just wondering...

#18819 05/13/04 08:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
first play T. Price with a left footed rip from about 25 yards out, keeper didnt move, second goal was off of a.... i dont remember but Twin put in from the six, third goal Panties hit a siiiick shot from waaaay out....probably one of the best shots i have ever seen, fouth goal padge was on a bit of a break and ripped it past the keeper, fifth wes hit a pk, sixth padge headed one in off of a corner

#18820 05/13/04 09:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Franklin has played keeper for most of the year . He did start out as the 3rd keeper but different circumstances put him into the fire . He hustles and plays real smart . A great kid with alot of heart and played super this season. He did have a hospital visit saturday with a concussion , his 2nd in a few weeks but was cleared tp play in the uptstate.
Greenville played a super game . I have not seen that overall team speed this year . The 3rd goal was a beauty probably one of the top 5 I have ever seen in HS soccer . I believe the drubbibg at Sirrine did light the fire under the players and fans .
Eastside is still a young team with Collins Harrison as the only graduate. They will be strong for several years . Big hope that Jeff Boyd will make a return after his 2nd ACL tear early in the season.
Great game Greenville and hope luck Saturday > It appears to be a good match-up

#18821 05/14/04 01:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow... you talk about him starting out as a 3rd string keeper... lol... i wish we had 1... for the past couple of years... we have been making one of our defenders be goalie... and let me tell you... that is very interesting stuff... hehe

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard