Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#18866 05/13/04 05:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo beat NW 4-2 earlier this year, and has won 3 in a row vs. NW including last year's title game.

NW's only chance is to bunker in and hold the score down, they can't match Irmo's firepower. NW gives a lot of underclassmen high minutes, so physical Irmo should be knocking bodies all over the place.

Irmo wins a 2-0 foul-infested game, with a garbage goal late to seal it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because NW plays underclassmen doesn't mean they lose, these underclassmen could start over alot of juniors and seniors at other schools. The Irmo-NW rematch is another game, you cannot base it on other games that came before it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not having to play away at Faiken probably saved NW from going out in the semis. If NW's seniors don't play the game of their lives this Saturday, 2-0 will be the score by halftime.

Irmo is too good, bad hair and all. I guess we'll see.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Blazer

in a matter of 20 mins it went from Irmo winning 2-0 on a garbage goal to them having that score by halftime. What gives? What about Irmo and their underclassmen? Northwestern starts around 6 or 7 seniors, does Irmo? Irmo gives substantial time to a few sophomores, but they are very good sophomores at that. Northwestern gives time to two freshmen, but they are also very good players. I do not know who will win, nor am I going to make a prediction, but using the age factor does not apply as both play younger players. I just hope to see a good soccer game Saturday evening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, it was a garbage goal late for a 2-0 lead to SEAL it. That's if NW's seniors et al play like they usually do, which is great by the way. If they don't, Irmo will win handily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a feeling our seniors will come out with it all on the line. Can't wait for saturday

F
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
F
Im pulling for NW all the way against Irmo. When we played NW they could of best us worst than what the score was. It was raining pretty hard and that was holding them down. I think that NW can do it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Irmo comes out against NW as they did on Hilton Head last night, I would definitley bet everything I have on Irmo. For 70 straight minutes Irmo pulverised the team that eliminated Wando and Socastee so handily. I haven't seen too many Irmo games this season, but what little I have seen has been the most talented High School soccer team I have ever laid eyes upon. This is probably one of Phil Savitz's best teams ever. NW will not succeed with a 10-1 formation as they did in last year's State Final. They will have to score early and often. If there is on thing this playoff has shown its that Irmo can finish. A 24-2 goal differential in the playoff proves this. I know that the ideal notion would be to pull against "The Irmo Powerhouse," but in retrospect of last night's I, admittedly, find myself ambivalent in regaurds to NW's success in this years final. Good luck to both teams, and thank you Irmo for a very enjoyable slaughtering last night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GO NORTHWESTERN

NorthWestern 3
Irmo 2

J
Brace
Brace
J
I just don't see NW pulling an upset off against Irmo. I'm not saying that it can't happen, I just don't think it will. I think Irmo is going to put it away by 2 to 3 goals. Probably a 5-2 game, with Irmo winning. Irmo already showed that they can score on NW and most every other team in SC. I believe that they will come out hard, and will dominate from the beginning. Here is another question for everyone... Do you still think that if Irmo would have played Norman N that they would have lost...I am betting no.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard