Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summerville was taking it to them until the ref calls a indirect kick inside the six when a player is trying to get up with the ball at his feet. Then three minutes later the center ref calls a pk for them when their player falls down on his own in the box. Luckily that was overturned by a decent AR. You dont know what you are talkign about soccer boy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey man, I think I've got some cheese for that whine.

You know what you are right. Irmo is the worst soccer team I have ever seen, they are absolutely terrible. They pay all the refs, their hair looks ridiculous, they aren't even good at soccer, Hartsville players could start for their team, today I found out they are a massive international drug dealing organization. They are just a bunch of cocky punks who beat everybody because they are dirty and cheat.

Alright I think that about sums it up...if you guys have anymore of the usually yearly trash talk to down the most successful High School program in the state before the finals please add, I may not have covered it all...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are wrong calcio. Irmo is one of the best soccer programs in the nation. They are tied for first place right now for number of state championships won with 14. A win tomorrow will give them sole position of #1 Nationally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I heard they would tie a Virginia team for 1st...the Virgina team won again this past fall. Could be wrong though.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Just a few thoughts after reading some of these posts.

First of all, its the State Championship match, so you can throw all stats out the window, including who beat who last year, their goals in the playoffs etc. Both teams obviously deserve to be there and are going to fight their butts off to win the championship. Not knocking Irmo's opponents but it appears to me that NW did play the harder schedule in the playoffs. That is not Irmo's fault though. However, it would affect these precious stats that Calcio and others want to bring up. Irmo played Beaufort and Hartsville in the first two rounds. NW played Boiling Springs and Mauldin. Hartsville plays in the weakest region in the state and were obviously the weakest team in the second round. Northwestern had beaten them by 8 or 9 goals a week or two earlier at Hartsville. So boasting Irmo's goals scored as being a large accomplishment is not that impressive when you realize that they scored half their goals in one match. I really think these teams are pretty even and everyone will get to see a great match Saturday evening.

Secondly, who cares if NW sat numbers behind the ball last year. I view that as a great coaching decision by Coach Finotti. It almost worked did it not? Northwestern had a chance or two in the flow of play and then once it goes to pks anyone can win. So stop complaining about how they played last year and give some credit to one of the best coaches in the state.

Good luck to Irmo and Northwestern tomorrow and all the other teams playing in the finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree about throwing the stats out the window. Thanks for giving Northwestern some props Lowerstate4a, I can't wait for the game tomorrow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calcio you are hilarious and you should be a comedian! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Both teams have to be good if not great to get this far in the playoffs and I agree that the stats can be thrown out for this game. But tradition has to count for something! I don't think anyone can argue with me on whose side tradition is on, but if you think you can just count your state championships and then count Irmo's. I think it will be a close game Sat @ 7:00. Here's my prediction: NW plays behind the ball but Irmo finishes this year early in the second half and this forces NW out of their defensive position and when they do this Irmo's speed and talent scores a couple of late goals to seal it. 3-0 Irmo in a barn burner of a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2-1, closer than I thought [Wink] .

Congrats Irmo, the New York Yankees of SC soccer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to finish off the season Irmo, great game by both teams, fantastic effort by NW

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction: Irmo did win it all again. Congrats to Coach Savitz and staff on a wonderful year and to all the boys who put in a ton of effort, yall deserve it. Northwestern keep your heads up yall played great tonight.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard