Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#19035 05/13/04 11:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the best keeper, that includes of every division, in South Carolina? And WHY~!

#19036 05/14/04 09:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Todd Wogoman is definitely the best keeper on this side of the Mississippi.

#19037 05/14/04 10:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sugarshane~
All you have been doing is talking about how great all of Summerville is...they should have beaten Irmo? You got beat 4-0! Wogoman is a good keeper, I'll give you that; however, he was not even the best keeper in that game, let alone "this side of the Mississippi." Moody outplayed him in the match, and he along with Goose(South Aiken) are the two best keepers in the state.

#19038 05/14/04 11:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playa- what about Northwestern's Matt Carlisle

#19039 05/15/04 01:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carlisle is a good keeper, trojan. Very solid player with only a few weaknesses. He would probably be in my top five.

#19040 05/15/04 06:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a little biased but Austin Moody from Irmo has only given up one goal in the playoffs this year and that came late in the game vs. Hilton Head. Irmo has scored 24 goals and Moody has only given up 1 in his time guarding the net, that is pretty good and clutch. The other goal vs. Hartsville was on a PK and Ryan Price was in the goal.

#19041 05/15/04 02:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just from my personal experience...Gaffney's(big 16) keep is really good. Kid with braids and angel wings tatooed on his back.. athletic white kid..made alot of quality saves, good punts,good goalkicks.. all around good keep.

#19042 05/16/04 12:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if anybody saw Emeralds C.K. Kirkland in the 2A state championship today you would probably say he was the best keeper in the land he made several awesome saves

#19043 05/16/04 02:01 AM
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
yeah, CK is good, he has improved a ton this whole season..largly in part to our GK trainer, Noel Husbands...

#19044 05/16/04 02:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I posted his name earlier but after tonight there can't be any doubters out there. Austion Moody is a phenom in the goal. The best part is that he is comming back next year.

#19045 05/16/04 02:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would also have to say Austin Moody from Irmo. During the NW game NW played a solid offensive game and he didn't break down once. He was tremendously intelligent with his saves, had good punts, very consistent goal kicks and never gave up a rebound. Without him they would have lost, even though Irmo's defense was some of the best I've ever seen.

#19046 05/17/04 04:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irmo and Northwestern's keepers really showed up to play yesterday in the championship game. I was impressed with all the fabulous saves by both of them. It was just a shame that one of the keepers had to lose on a pk.

#19047 05/16/04 06:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know I know this thing i'm writing now has nothing really to do with the best Keeper but the Irmo game ending in a shoot out is kind of stupid to dicide the better goalie and the champions of the division. Don't you think?

#19048 05/16/04 06:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CK Kirkland from Emerald had one of the best showings of the weekend Saturday. He had 13 saves in the championship, some of which were amazing, and ended with 12 shutouts on the season. He only allowed one goal in the entire 2A playoffs. A .875 GAA and All-State honors as well. He'll be one to watch next year.

#19049 05/16/04 08:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moody had 15 shutouts on the season, a GAA below .5, and to top that off he had a stellar performance in the AAAA State Championship with 21 saves! I don't feel that many could disagree in saying that he is one of, if not the best in the state. Also remember, he is only a junior....Congratulations to all of the players throughout the state on a great year of high school soccer!

#19050 05/16/04 08:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pretty impressive. that's alot of shots on goal by NW

#19051 05/16/04 11:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was very impressed with Myrtle Beach's keeper. Not only was he talented inside the box, he was also very smart with what to do with the ball when he got it. He was quick and had good hands. All the goals Greenville scored on him were simply goals that couldn't be saved at all.

#19052 05/16/04 11:51 PM
Goal
Goal
Actually, I wasn't impressed with either keeper in the AAA game. IMO, those were the only weak spots for Greenville and Myrtle Beach. The forwards for GHS worked great together and they were impressive physically. MB's front line looked good as well, but I didn't see as much creativity from the midfield like last week vs. Dreher.

In the AA game, the Emerald keeper was an excellent shot blocker and the Bishop England goalie could punt the ball a mile. After watching the second half and OT, I felt sorry for BE, because they dominated Emerald, but that's the breaks in this game.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the other two games Saturday.

I figured that the Upstate had a little more talent than lower state in AAA, but Myrtle Beach represented the area well for two years in a row. Who will be next?

#19053 05/16/04 11:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moody is reported as having 5 saves in the match saturday...not 21, and his GAA is .72, assuming he played in all matches Irmo. You may possibly want to review your sources for that info.

#19054 05/16/04 11:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The state paper reported 21, and I wasn't including the preseason tournament that Irmo played in.

#19055 05/17/04 12:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to Dave Easly here is the box score for the game.

4A State Championship Match

Irmo 2:1 Northwestern (OT)

Goals: I - Grayson Mullins, Sani Hadziahmetovic; N - Jeff Williamson.

Shots: I - 17, N - 11;

Saves: I - Austin Moody, 5; N - Matt Carlisle, 7.

Records: I (22-3-0), N (24-4-0).

I don't know who is right or wrong here, but someone is way off. I find it hard to believe Moody having 21 saves from 11 shots by NW. I did read that he and the NW keeper's showings were outstanding though.

#19056 05/17/04 12:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well being a player for private schools I will be the first to say they dont get alot of respect. Not many teams had a chance to this guy play but HHC Keeper Grant something? Is an excellent keeper. I guarantee you this...put him on Pinewood Preps team and they can hang with any School in Soouth carolina.

#19057 05/17/04 12:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is from "www.thestate.com":

Goals: NW — Jeff Williamson; I — Grayson Mullins, Sani Hadziahmetovic. Assists: NW— Kyle Neely; I — Christian Monroe. Saves: NW — Matt Carlisle (7); I — Austin Moody (21). Rec.: I 22-3, N 24-4.

That's just where I received my information from. But no matter which report is the more accurate, nothing can take away from such an incredible display of goalkeeping.

#19058 05/17/04 12:36 AM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
I don't think anyone will actually figure out how many saves/shots/shots on goal were in the Irmo/NW game. However, I believe both teams played very well and only one team could win. I have heard that Coach Savitz decided that the game ball went to Austin Moody. With 13 State Championships I'm not sure how many game balls went to the keeper over the years, but I would guess not many. So to me, if a Coach who has won some 13 titles gives the game ball to his keeper, that says it all!! Additionally, if you missed the game, Moody will be back again next year to display his skills for one more Championship.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard