Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#19112 05/16/04 07:58 PM
S
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
S
Just wanted to say Congrats. to CC and to all other teams. I can't wait till next year!!! I am wondering how the top 5 will be ranked for the end of the season and going into next season???
I think:
1. CC
2. Buford
3. GSSM
4. SCS
5. Blackville-Hilda
6. Dixie

What do you guys think???

#19113 05/16/04 08:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Naw, you got it all wrong.

1.Christ Church
2.Southside Christian
3.Blackville-Hilda
4.Buford
5.Governor's School
6.Dixie
7.Williston-Elko
8.Ninety-six
9.War shoals

That's my predictions.

#19114 05/16/04 09:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well everyone knows CC will be #1 Buford being the lower state champs would put them second regardless if SCS or anyone else is better. SCS will be next because they should be second but didnt play in the championship. GSSM will be fourth because they were lower state runner-ups. The next spot will be up for grabs but since Dixie beat BHHS during the regular season it might put dixie in the top 5 but it will either be DHS or BHHS

#19115 05/16/04 09:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can SCS be better than Buford when they allowed CC to score 5 goals, and Buford only allowed 3? Buford didn't even play them 3 times like SCS did, and we did better against CC the first time.

I can't speak for next year, but for the end of this year, Striker 33 has got the predictions right.

#19116 05/16/04 10:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was talking about next year.

#19117 05/16/04 11:25 PM
S
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
S
Social_Distortion2005, it would be just like you to put your team as #1 in the Lower State for next years standings. I agree with Soccerguy#13. Buford is a better team then SCS. Only allowing 3 goals against this "almighty" CC that SCS let score 8 goals (1st game), 4 goals (2nd game), and 5 goals (3rd game). I mean come on, this is a no brainer.
Secondly GSSM has a better W/L/T record then does SCS which is the #1 criteria for rankings/seedings for playoffs. The #2 criteria would be overall record which would be a split decision since they are pretty much the same (GSSM one game down but has played an extra game then SCS).
Third, I will give Blackville-Hilda the benenfit of the doubt and give them a CLOSE #5 b/c of the W/L/T ratio of DIXIE kills them. Even though their overall records are the same and the fact that DIXIE beat them.
~Should be interesting next year, when Buford moves to the Upper State and Academic Magnet and BE move to the Lower State. No offense to SCS (so DCA don't say anything) but I hope Buford whips up on some SCS A$$ next season to let them know that they aren't the #2 team in 1A!!! It was definetly proven this year.

#19118 05/17/04 12:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i hope you all realize Academic Magnet is coming down to 1A next year and they are only losing three seniors (2 starters) they will definitely be in top two i believe they will win 1A state championship but good luck.

#19119 05/17/04 02:22 AM
S
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
S
If you would have read my post above G14 b/f you posted, you would have realized that I mentioned Academic Magnet and I think we all know how good they are... Please Come again!!!

#19120 05/17/04 02:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Striker33- If you knew anything about the stats of the CC vs. Buford game you would know that CC had 20 shots on goal for the game, 4 of which were wide open breakaways that were missed. The CC guys feel embarassed that the game was so close. Also, the game was played in Memorial Stadium, a regulation field, not on CC's football field. Every single one of CC's goals came off headers that were mainly from throw-ins and then one was a corner. They did not have a single shot besides a header that was on goal. If you had've played them on their field the score would've easily been 6-0. Second of all I think as the state championships showed (with an upper state team winning every division) that upper state soccer is far more competitive than lower state soccer. GSSM was the only ranked team that Buford beat all year! And I don't think Buford's moving to the upper state. I think that they're moving up to 2A. And I think that only Academic Magnet is moving down to 1A, not BE. So I don't even think there's a question of whether SCS is better than GSSM because they clearly are. Also how many seniors are Buford and GSSM losing next year. With SCS only losing 1 starting senior we're gonna be a tough team next year.

#19121 05/17/04 02:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since i have played both Soutside Christain and buford, i would say the teams are pretty even. Buford would be more athletic, but SC knows more about the game. I would have to say that if they played i would be a 1 goal game either way. When looking at the scores, Us beating SC 8-0, 5-0, 4-0, and beating Buford 3-1 you cannot determine anything. We played poorley against Buford, and played a better game each time against SC.
Buford will get the #2 ranking, but i would say it shoudl be a cointoss to which team is actually better.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard