A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soccer

ANTHONY JONES, SR., GK, BEAUFORT HIGH

The Beaufort High soccer program has only been to the Class AAAA state playoffs three times in its 13 years of existence. A compliment to the Eagles, those three years came consecutively with the third trip this year when Beaufort lost 4-1 in the first round to eventual state champion Irmo.

North-South All-Star nominations, All-Region honors, defensive player of the year and MVP awards from the high school -- senior goalkeeper Anthony Jones has in every way earned the right to scribble "The Wall" between his first and last name.

"Anthony really is all business. When he is talking about soccer or when he is involved in making decisions for the team, he is a very driven young man," said Beaufort coach Jon Greenlee. "He comes from an excellent family. He's had a very good upbringing and it is evident."

Jones made 305 saves this season, allowing 35 goals in his 1,360 minutes for the Eagles, who finished 8-12.

Greenlee said most opponents coaches complimented Jones, who will head to a 13-4-3 soccer program at the College of Charleston.

"He's meant a lot to the program," Greenlee said. "(He's) a kid that shows up for every game. He is internally motivated -- not everyone has that. I believe he can intensely keep playing ... he also refs and intends on playing and or coaching in the future. I hope he'll come back and help me at the high school.

"We will put someone in his position, but we will never replace him."

Honorable mention: Jamie Cox, BC; Ben Riedmayer, Bastian Lindner, BA; Wade Coleman, Robert Guinn, BHS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what player of the year award is this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beaufort schools

Brace
Brace
Is he really playing at CofC? Can anyone tell me about him (height/weight, etc.)?

Link Copied to Clipboard