Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to sound conceited, but this year, Lakewood (Sumter) has some very good Juniors. The majority of the team is made up of juniors and they have all been playing together since middle school. Also, there are some pretty talented sophomores coming on up there. I have a really good feeling that Lakewood is gonna take the 3A championship this year!!!!
Can I get some input from other people who've played them??

B
goal
goal
B
You're a lock. Start planning the party!

Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
Lakewood High School (sumter) is terrible and will not be able to hang with the powerhouses of gville, eastside, riverside, myrtle beach. they have no chance. and even if your players have been playing together since middle school most players and the eastside or gville teams have been playing together since they were like 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lakewood? Really??? Are you serious? The only win you had last year against a team withouta losing record wa sagainst Crestwood and they were 10-10-0. After that, the most wins an opponent that you defeated had was 5 wins. To say that you will be good this year is a stretch. To say that you will compete for a championship is a joke. First beat a team with a winning record. I know that your players have been playing together since middle school, but that is probably when they started playing soccer. You will be playing teams who have been playing since they were 5-6. These players have been playing club not YMCA for most of their lives. Just because you have many juniors who played together for 5 years does not mean your team will be good. Especially if it the same group who has been playing for Lakewood for the past 5 years. You may have gotten better. Did your players play club anywhere? ( and I do not mean YMCA level spring ball)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wando will have a good Junior class

brace
brace
I thought that Juniors were considered Upper Classmen.

J
world cup
world cup
J
..aren't juniors upperclassmen?

..on topic. They definitely aren't the best.. but Lugoff-Elgin has a pretty solid sophomore class. Probably about 7-9 of them..each kid can probably play 3 positions and have a core of about 3-4 players that will lead each third of the field. Again..not saying they're the best.. but with Coach Brown back..he should "make men" out of them pretty quickly..and..then maybe they will contend for the region..and possibly 2nd or even 3rd round in the playoffs.

..also.. if I remember correctly.. Daniel will have a large sophomore or junior class this year..no?

J
world cup
world cup
J
quote:
Originally posted by CornerFlag:
I thought that Juniors were considered Upper Classmen.

..damn.. you beat me to it.

Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
just so everyone knows that doesn't play club....
u17 and u18 boys premier cesa won and they have many players on the eastside team
u16 boys premier cesa also won that have some players at riverside and greenville
u15 boys premier cesa won and i think have a lot of freshman at riverside and mauldin

oh yea and cesa (which is an upstate club) won 8 out of the 8 age groups (boys/girls) so upstate should be strong this year...but cant go on just that b/c they dont all play at the same highschool

Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
just so everyone knows that doesn't play club....
u17 and u18 boys premier cesa won and they have many players on the eastside team
u16 boys premier cesa also won that have some players at riverside and greenville
u15 boys premier cesa won and i think have a lot of freshman at riverside and mauldin

oh yea and cesa (which is an upstate club) won 8 out of the 8 age groups (boys/girls) so upstate should be strong this year...but cant go on just that b/c they dont all play at the same highschool

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard